7/23 Guardians vs White Sox G1 12:10 PM: McKenzie vs Cueto

Kyyle23

https://www.si.com/mlb/guardians/opinion/is-there-some-hostility-growing-between-the-guardians-and-white-sox

“Last night, three Guardians players were hit by pitches from the Chicago White Sox. The first two against Andres Gimenez and Steven Kwan seemed to get brushed off. But by the time All-Star Jose Ramirez took one, Tito seemed to have had enough. 

This may not be an isolated event though. These teams seem to have some bad blood growing between one another dating all the way back to the beginning of last year.”

Of course, there was the Eaton slide into Andres Gimenez in 2021 (see video embedded in story)…last night’s HBP of Abreu and Jimenez…Naylor’s emotional theatrics, etc.

7 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Lefty pilkington starting game 2 should be a free win. Would like to see Sheets+Grandal in this first line-up although may have to get creative with the positions. 

Should go Vaughn-Leury-Sheets in the OF to embrace the terribleness. With a contact pitcher, what could go wrong

As I stated in yesterday's thread, Friday's game was no doubt a bad and dismal start to this series with Cleveland. I always try to be positive but each loss just makes it that much tougher to do. I honestly thought the team would come out and play with intensity and determination but ugh, what a pitiful showing. I'm still hoping that they get things turned around and headed in the right direction, winning both games today would certainly be a start. 

5 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

I know we're all frustrated in this team and I don't see this happening but something to give us some hope is this....Last season, Atlanta’s very first day above .500 was…August 6!

Valid point and it does give hope for the rest of the season but I agree, it's hard to see it happening.

13 minutes ago, The Grinder said:

The way our luck is, we drop both ends and get smoked in an on field brawl 

That's not luck. That is deliberate and careful roster building and bringing in a HoF manager. You can't leave this shit up to bind luck. You need a well orchestrated  plan. 

11 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

I know we're all frustrated in this team and I don't see this happening but something to give us some hope is this....Last season, Atlanta’s very first day above .500 was…August 6!

image.png