Fire Rick Hahn

Chicago White Sox

16 hours ago, elrockinMT said:

I agree a few relief pitchers haven’t been sharp but it would be a big help if the offense could drive in those runners on base. If we win Sunday for. Series split I will be happy 

What did I say?

• Like 1
  • Hawk 1

25 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

This thread is a laugh and all, but we do know that firing Hahn changes nothing w/o a change in ownership, right?  And we are all just screaming into the void?!

You are correct. real change won't come until new ownership arrives and the front office is cleaned out like John Allyn did in September 1970.

31 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

This thread is a laugh and all, but we do know that firing Hahn changes nothing w/o a change in ownership, right?  And we are all just screaming into the void?!

Shhhhh.

You're ruining the site for us.

image.png

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, TheBooneLoganEra said:

Kopech was trash today too. But bullpen was equally atrocious all weekend as our starters pitched brilliantly. The bullpen is expensive trash. 

A successful organization has a backup plan to Kopech for when he fails and has a nice career as a reliever.  The backup plan was Davis Martin or bust.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

Let's give Kopech through at least May or early June before pronouncing him a bust...

There is no history with him that dictates anything other then needing a replacement at some point and they do not have that somebody.  I'm not saying he's a bust I am just saying there needs to be an alternative.  You can roll the dice on Giolito and Cease they have been healthy while with the White Sox Kopech has been an injury waiting to happen and it now looks like it all has caught up to him.  

• Like 2

13 hours ago, TheBooneLoganEra said:

Kopech was trash today too. But bullpen was equally atrocious all weekend as our starters pitched brilliantly. The bullpen is expensive trash. 

Agree on the bullpen. There is absolutley no way this team can be anything more than a 500 team without massive and immediate upgrades to the bullpen. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, LittleHurtCG said:

Agree on the bullpen. There is absolutley no way this team can be anything more than a 500 team without massive and immediate upgrades to the bullpen. 

I think our offense will be fine. I think our starting pitching will be mostly fine. I'm not worried about Kopech I think he comes around. But there are only 2 maybe 3 arms in the pen that instill any confidence and that's a large problem. And post cancer treatment Hendricks should not be considered a sure thing. It'll take time to rebuild strength. But you know the company line will be, "Liam will be back soon and we'll be fine." There is always at least one area Hahn fails to address and it always comes back to bite him. He learns nothing. 

• Like 2

"The bad news: the White Sox were booed off the field during their home opener, they gave up seven homers that traveled a combined 2,780 feet and lost by nine runs. A position player pitched the ninth. The good news: It only took 2 hours, 36 minutes. Theo Epstein hasn’t done a solid like this for the White Sox since the Cease/Jimenez trade…"

Jon Greenberg The Athletic

Pretty difficult to give up roughly 1/2 mile of homers in just one game!

Edited by caulfield12

On 4/3/2023 at 3:34 PM, caulfield12 said:

Or go down with the ship...

Which is more likely.

Not impressed with Reinsdorf's latest trolling of the base.

To the change the culture, you hire personnel from winning organizations.

Not KC.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, GradMc said:

Which is more likely.

Not impressed with Reinsdorf's latest trolling of the base.

To the change the culture, you hire personnel from winning organizations.

Not KC.

See Getz, Chris.

Although to be fair Grifol does date back to the championship era teams of 2013-2016, one Madison Bumgarner away from two consecutive World Series world Series titles.

https://kingsofkauffman.com/2022/10/07/kc-royals-thinking-pedro-grifol/

https://theathletic.com/3761699/2022/11/04/white-sox-pedro-grifol-montoyo/

Personally I feel he's already feeling the pressure of running a bullpen without Liam and Crochet.  Kelly and Graveman were pretty much forced on him.  Same with Bummer.

IMO there's (currently) simply not enough reliable options there...especially for tie games or ones with 1-3 run deficits.  He's still not even sure Lopez can get the job done with a flat fastball that doesn't miss bat at 100.  Reynaldo can only be great with a reliable second pitch.  Most likely the slider.

Edited by caulfield12