Fire Rick Hahn

Chicago White Sox

1 hour ago, Highland said:

What should happen should have happened over 10 years ago. A good baseball man outside the organization should have been hired to evaluate things and make some substantial changes. Instead, we got Hahn and Robin Ventura. Then Tony LaRussa. It's hard to have any faith when things just never change even when they are crying out for change. But no one knows more about baseball than Jerry Reinsdorf. This gets so boring because it has been going on for so long. And it will continue to go on.

That's why I keep saying take care of yourself and hope to outlive current ownership and see what happens next.

7 minutes ago, Highland said:

Someone should not have to die to cause change. I don't even want to entertain morbid speculation.

No they shouldn't but the reality is JR apparently has lost interest (if you listen to Hawk and others) and if the last 15 years of dysfunction hasn't gotten through to him nothing will. He's made it plain publicly multiple times he's not selling (primarily because of a massive tax hit) so there's only one thing left that will cause the needed change. 

• Like 1

I saw where the Penguins fired both their GM and Team President for missing the playoffs for the first time in I think 18 years earlier today. They had 91 points and a winning record this season.

Accountability.

Meanwhile Rick Hahn who has literally wasted millions of dollars and had produced only two winning seasons in 10 years still has a job.

Only in the world of the White Sox.

• Like 4

This team is terrible. There are so many flaws and missing pieces on the ball club. The lack of depth and player development has really haunted the organization. Yes it’s gotten a tad better, but we are still at the bottom of the barrel from the rest of the league. Hahn and Kenny need to be gone, but we all know Jerry will never do that in season. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, PolishPrince34 said:

This team is terrible. There are so many flaws and missing pieces on the ball club. The lack of depth and player development has really haunted the organization. Yes it’s gotten a tad better, but we are still at the bottom of the barrel from the rest of the league. Hahn and Kenny need to be gone, but we all know Jerry will never do that in season. 

Everything you described about this team is 100 percent correct which is absolutely sickening. My concern is that Jerry will not fire Rick and Kenny during the season, but I don't think he will fire them after the season...even if we lose 90 games. Jerry has proven consistently he doesn't give a s%*#, or is smart enough due to his age and probable loss of cognitive skills...to do the right thing. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tony said:

The term “smug asshole” seems appropriate here, no?

His arrogance and gall are pretty amazing considering his track record of failure. But as I've said that attitude permeates this organization and has been publicly revealed time and again over the years from folks like JR to Kenny to Hahn to Ozzie, Don Cooper...you name it. 

• Like 1