Have you seen a worse managed game?

harkness99

1 minute ago, wegner said:

How about a worse managed Double Header?

I really kinda hate that my covid allowed me to watch most of both games today.

lets add taking eloy out early and engel comes to bat in a crucial situation

This dude is just such an absolute failboat.

Like its hard for me to believe he ever was good the more i watch him.

Just now, harkness99 said:

I said it earlier today when someone complained about the previous firing....he absolutely deserved to be fired the first time he was here.....and he makes many more mistakes now.

1 minute ago, harkness99 said:

Was he ever good though? I think he got way more credit then he was ever truly due. I think the guy we fired the first time is who hes always been, he just hung around with some good (roid based) teams.

• Like 1
  • TLR 1

4 minutes ago, MeanJoeCrede said:

Was he ever good though? I think he got way more credit then he was ever truly due. I think the guy we fired the first time is who hes always been, he just hung around with some good (roid based) teams.

yeah this is becoming very clear

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, MeanJoeCrede said:

This is going to be crystal clear to everyone by the time he's finally done here. Kind of ironic, really. His buddy gave him the job to cement his HOF legacy and get him another World Series win, and it's being actively dismantled right before our eyes.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, MeanJoeCrede said:

I may have seen a worse managed game. If I did, I guarantee it was also managed by TLR

Right? My first thought was "how dare you make me think of all of Tony's blunders the past two years."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, harkness99 said:

He never was. Look at the players he had. Most overrated “HOF” manager in the history of the game. He doesn’t belong there, but got lucky worth the players he had on his teams.

1 hour ago, wegner said:

I said it earlier today when someone complained about the previous firing....he absolutely deserved to be fired the first time he was here.....and he makes many more mistakes now.

I've said it before, will likely be true on my death bed.

Uniformed White Sox I have booed since my first game (1975)

• Tony La Russa (1984-1986). Our weekend season ticket group of a few rows in 1985 booed him every time he stepped out of the dugout, regardless of the score.
  • David Wells. The team chalked it up to back spasms. We were down the line in the UD, it looked like he was drunk/hungover puking on the mound, which wouldn't have been out of character. Kenny Williams gave him a $9.5M one year contract, and he was absolute horseshit and looked like he was 350 lbs.

Five batters faced, 0 outs. Thankfully the Sox came back to win it 7-3 after five shutout innings from Sean Lowe.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/CHA/CHA200106080.shtml

3 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I've said it before, will likely be true on my death bed.

Uniformed White Sox I have booed since my first game (1975)

• Tony La Russa (1984-1986). Our weekend season ticket group of a few rows in 1985 booed him every time he stepped out of the dugout, regardless of the score.
  • David Wells. The team chalked it up to back spasms. We were down the line in the UD, it looked like he was drunk/hungover puking on the mound, which wouldn't have been out of character. Kenny Williams gave him a $9.5M one year contract, and he was absolute horseshit and looked like he was 350 lbs.

Five batters faced, 0 outs. Thankfully the Sox came back to win it 7-3 after five shutout innings from Sean Lowe.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/CHA/CHA200106080.shtml

1 Sox player I hated because he screwed up multiple games I saw in person due to lousy defense, unclutch hitting or just general stupid baseball was Joey Cora....I couldn't stand that guy.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, wegner said:

1 Sox player I hated because he screwed up multiple games I saw in person due to lousy defense, unclutch hitting or just general stupid baseball was Joey Cora....I couldn't stand that guy.

But did you boo him at any time?

The David Wells' incident was a one time moment, I didn't see another game he pitched the rest of the season and he was thankfully gone thereafter.

And for all you youngsters out there, the White Sox have been signing old perhaps once good but at the signing shitty players for 40 years under JR.

Year Age Tm Salary SrvTm Sources Notes/Other Sources
1988 25 Toronto Blue Jays $82,000 ? USA Today, 4/1/88  
1989 26 Toronto Blue Jays $107,000 ? 1989 USA Today survey  
1990 27 Toronto Blue Jays $275,000 ? AP in Toronto Star  
1991 28 Toronto Blue Jays $800,000 ? 1994 Joint Exhibit 1  
1992 29 Toronto Blue Jays $2,063,000 ? 1994 Joint Exhibit 1  
1993 30 Detroit Tigers $1,450,000 ? 1994 Joint Exhibit 1 Includes $550,000 earned bonus
1994 31 Detroit Tigers $2,500,000 ? 1997 Joint Exhibit 1  
1995 32 Detroit Tigers $2,191,667 ? 1997 Joint Exhibit 1 Includes $191,667 earned bonus
1996 33 Baltimore Orioles $3,200,000 ? 1997 Joint Exhibit 1 Includes $200,000 earned bonus
1997 34 New York Yankees $3,766,667 ? 1997 postseason AP survey Includes $600,000 earned bonus
1998 35 New York Yankees $4,666,666 ? 11/23/98 USA Today Includes $500,000 earned bonus
1999 36 Toronto Blue Jays $4,816,667 ? 11/19/99 USA Today Includes $150,000 earned bonus
2000 37 Toronto Blue Jays $5,500,000 ? 4/5/00 AP  
2001 38 Chicago White Sox $9,250,000 ? 4/6/01 USA Today  
2002 39 New York Yankees $2,250,000 ? 4/3/02 AP  
2003 40 New York Yankees $3,250,000 ? 4/3/03 AP  
2004 41 San Diego Padres $1,250,000 ? 4/7/04 AP  
2005 42 Boston Red Sox $4,075,000 ?    
2006 43 Boston Red Sox $4,075,000 ?    
2007 44 San Diego Padres $3,000,000 ?  

• Top Three October 2022 or 2020 Managerial Candidates: Joe Espada, A.J. Hinch (has a contract out?); Bruce Bochy
  • Top Three Current Managers (Baby Boomer / Silent Generation): Terry Francona, Buck Showalter, Bob Melvin
  • Top Three Current Managers (Generation X): A. J. Hinch, Kevin Cash, Dave Roberts
  • Top three managers in my lifetime (Division Era): Earl Weaver, Davey Johnson, Sparky Anderson
  • Top three managers (Pre-Division Era); John McGraw, Joe McCarthy, Casey Stengel
  • Like 1