7/24 Guardians @ White Sox 1:10 The Road to .500 Continues….

Vote4Pedro

6 minutes ago, Snopek said:

Eh, I can see them winning and pulling people back in for the 900th time, just to set up the 901st letdown.

Counterpoint: Bieber is 7-2 vs. the Sox with a 2.33.  And I think one of those losses was the Rodon no-hitter. He is going to miss the unbalanced schedule.

meanwhile, Cease is 3-3 with a 4.81 vs. Cleveland. They don’t strike out much, and that hurts him.  You gotta believe Bieber’s the favorite going into this game.

There are 66 games left in the season, every game is important especially these divisional matchups.  Larussa has no problem putting out sheets, garcia, etc every day but proceeds to give guys like Vaughn and TA days off. Grandal possibly turning it around, let's give him a day off. The logic is mind-numbing, the Sox have 2 days off next week, including one tomorrow. Can't wait for a Sunday lineup Friday , claiming issues adjusting back to Midwestern air after a few days in Denver.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Tony cares more about rewarding the vet who had a hero moment yesterday than winning baseball games

I think he’s hoping for one of these guys to put the team on the back and carry.  

Good luck thinking AJ at 3 unlocks him.  Hope it works

• Like 1

Pollock 3rd?! LaRussa has been drunk since Tuesday. And Sheets in there everyday cuz the Sox are more desperate for a left handed bat than a kid with acne is for a date to the prom.  No amount of hair dye, or alcohol, is going to fix La Russia.  (That’s what I’m calling him now cuz he’s the enemy).  Where’s this guys mojo?  Where’s his hall of fame charm?  Does he have an X taped by the stairs in the dug out, as a symbol, so he knows where to stand?  Shake it up a bit Tony!  These guys gotta be loose heading into the games in Colorado.  Sox will hit 6 home runs in that 2 game set, bet.

Edited by JPR

2 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

TLR is really benching Harrison for catching that liner off the bat to end the game yesterday…

That's an interesting theory. In this reality, TLR never forgave Jerry for canning him and their "friendship" was just the long con so TLR could ruin the rebuild and mess up Loretta's Lounge.  Revenge is a dish best served in its own seating area.  I like it.

• Haha 2
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Tony cares more about rewarding the vet who had a hero moment yesterday than winning baseball games

Honestly the shock factor is gone, now I’m just kind of expecting the head scratching moves

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

No Vaughn today, but more Sheets!  Unless I missed an injury, fire this fucking clown!!

No doubt about it , this is what you get when you have a demented fool as manager. Does he realize we only have 67 games games left to catch the Twins or get a Wild Card spot but here we are still resting our best players who have to be the most rested guys in universe.

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Like 1

So Vaughn is among the fragile.  I get it he shouldn't play in the OF but it's not like the ball is hit there over 27 times.

Anyone hear Hawk on the SCORE talking about the "coddling" in baseball?

Ozzie said it was a privilege to play everyday.

You have one of the oldest players on the team who refuse to let anything keep him from playing.

Most people who are not into baseball think it's a sport where people stand around.  Maybe younger generations are into that and don't think you need to be in physical shape.  There plenty of theories out there going around.  One is players are training for the wrong sport.   Cueto runs during is off days.  

As sad as it is with all of this brittleness you can almost appreciate a guy like Leury.   Maybe they should make him a conditioning coach.

12 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

That's an interesting theory. In this reality, TLR never forgave Jerry for canning him and their "friendship" was just the long con so TLR could ruin the rebuild and mess up Loretta's Lounge.  Revenge is a dish best served in its own seating area.  I like it.

At the same time how many of us got fired and it turned out to be the best thing that happened.  He would have never been a HOF if he spent more time in the Sox organization.

• Thanks 1
  • TLR 1

12 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

So Vaughn is among the fragile.  I get it he shouldn't play in the OF but it's not like the ball is hit there over 27 times.

Anyone hear Hawk on the SCORE talking about the "coddling" in baseball?

Ozzie said it was a privilege to play everyday.

You have one of the oldest players on the team who refuse to let anything keep him from playing.

Most people who are not into baseball think it's a sport where people stand around.  Maybe younger generations are into that and don't think you need to be in physical shape.  There plenty of theories out there going around.  One is players are training for the wrong sport.   Cueto runs during is off days.  

As sad as it is with all of this brittleness you can almost appreciate a guy like Leury.   Maybe they should make him a conditioning coach.

Toning up and agility are 2 main ingredients of playing baseball and other sports, bulking up is a no no. And yes running has never hurt anyone, that's all White Sox pitchers under Al Lopez and pitching coach Ray Berres did between starts.

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Like 2

This is why I am glad I moved outta south of Chicago about a decade ago.  A thirteen year old, running a Madden franchise, would know to ditch this current White Sox so-called training staff with a better rated one.  I worked at the Thompson Center with rod blagojevich and I’ll tell you what, the Sox run their franchise like balgojevichs’ yes-men before he went down in a blitz of press.  How long do bear fans wish for one era to pass on and a new one take over?  The same is true for the White Sox now.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

At the same time how many of us got fired and it turned out to be the best thing that happened.  He would have never been a HOF if he spent more time in the Sox organization.

What people are forgetting is TLR was booed out of town in 1986, it wasn't just Hawk that was fed up with his antics it was the fans.  This was 3 years after taking them to the playoffs in 83 when bonehead left Britt Burns in the game to pitch the 10th inning and we all know what happened after that.  It's kinda like Phil Jackson being the best coach on earth, ya ok when you have Jordan and Bryant coaching is a lot easier.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

The last statement is very concerning.  It looks like the front office has more power to playing time and giving guys rest than we ever thought.

That's complete BS in playing scared.  It's no wonder we see all these random days off to "soft" guys like Moncada, TA, and Robert.  And direction from up above to not bust it 100% on the bases.

Edited by HOFHurt35