Trade Rumors Catch-all

Chicago White Sox

5 minutes ago, Perfect Vision said:

Before heaping too much praise on the Padres going for it, just remember that Preller has emptied his farm system and is "going for it" in a year where we know with certainty they will only be a wild card team, and with a high chance of being the road team in all the games of a best of 3 series.

The amazing thing is the Padres system is still light years better than ours after "Emptying" the system.

He also acquired guys that are there for multiple years. Nothing about what Preller did today is worthy of any criticism.

• Like 1

Just now, fathom said:

Would allow them to sign a FA with a QO

That's true however I dont see how they wouldn't get something better than that right now. Plus the guy knows he's on the way out. How many times did they say bye to him the past few days? They just need to get it done. 

1 minute ago, hi8is said:

Wouldn’t be surprised one bit since I just saw a Sox scout scoping him out when the Giants were in town as well as the fact that we’ve almost traded for him about 80 times.

27 years old and former MVP and a hell of a defensive player.  I would rather have him then Gallo.

I would absolutely buy low on Bellinger. He's better this year than last year (though that isn't saying much), and his ceiling is MVP. He's also very good defensively in the outfield. If he costs a Burger and/or Sheets type you 100% do this. I wouldn't give up anything too worthwhile though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, almagest said:

I would absolutely buy low on Bellinger. He's better this year than last year (though that isn't saying much), and his ceiling is MVP. He's also very good defensively in the outfield. If he costs a Burger and/or Sheets type you 100% do this. I wouldn't give up anything too worthwhile though.

Why would Dodgers do this, they don’t have a CF

1 minute ago, bmags said:

Have the dodgers sold low on a guy and were wrong? We have Pollock now, for example.

Remember when they had that great RHP prospect and dumped him on the marlins? He was bad.

It's friedman.

I don't know if he counts, but Yordan Alvarez