Trade Rumors Catch-all

Chicago White Sox

2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I will be the one who bites the bullet and says that I have very little problem with it if they don't make any additional moves. The lack of payroll flexibility, the lack of prospect resources - all of those things are true and worth making a stink over, but those fights don't change the fact that the white sox aren't in a good position to make very many moves right now. 

they were in fine position to add a tyler naquin. They are fucked now, but that is again, one of their many choices.

Just now, fathom said:

Agreed but you sure as shit better fire people after the season ends.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - firing isn't enough. There's a public tarring and feathering that I believe is more than justified.

I'm ok with saying the team is on the field and avoiding any long-term damage. This offseason is already going to be a freaking mess, every near-MLB-ready prospect that they can scrounge together could really help patch the holes.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Or “some of your favorite players wouldn’t still be on the team” if moves were made

"our biggest trade deadline deals are getting a healthy Eloy, Grandal and Lynn down the stretch"

Just now, Chisoxfn said:

With all this said - I fully expect Ian Happ and wouldn't be shocked at Happ and Contreras type of move.  

I'd imagine Zavala is gone in that case. Grandal is unmovable at this point. Also would be nervous about the return to the Cubs in this case.

Just now, Perfect Vision said:

Before heaping too much praise on the Padres going for it, just remember that Preller has emptied his farm system and is "going for it" in a year where we know with certainty they will only be a wild card team, and with a high chance of being the road team in all the games of a best of 3 series.

The Dodgers aren’t slowing down anytime soon. You do the best you can with the hand your dealt. You have Machado and Tatis on the roster with a good staff. Go for it. 

• Like 1