Benintendi to NYY

Jack Parkman

2 hours ago, Colome's Hat said:

I like Beinintendi but his vax status freaked me out as well as the fact that he doesn't hit for that much power.  The Sox need a big left handed thumper.  If the Sox can't get Soto, and quite frankly given the price tag I don't think Soto is being dealt, Bryan Reynolds would be the ideal fit.

Bring up Colas, he's Left handed and has to be better than Sheets or Vaughn in RF with the strong arm we need to stop runners from taking the extra base on every single hit to RF.  I don't care if he doesn't hit a lick....bring him up before Hahn trades him away.  BTW he's been mashing in Double AA. 

https://www.mlb.com/news/oscar-colas-homers-twice-for-the-2nd-time-in-3-games

Again to reiterate my previous point on Gallo vs RHP.

• 2019 to 2021 w/ TEX: 122 wRC+
  • Away splits w/ NYY: 123 wRC+
  • Home splits w/ NYY: 92 wRC+

Maybe playing in New York is a problem, maybe it’s not, but if the cost is a song I feel it’s a gamble worth taking.  Additionally, let’s not ignore his 28 defensive runs saved in RF since 2019, which 4th overall amongst RFs and even more impressive on a per innings basis.  He’s far from a perfect player even when things are going right, but we desperately need power from the LH side and better defense in RF and he might be able to address both on the cheap.

12 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Really don't understand this.

Top White Sox Pitchers by fWAR

• 2019-2022: 1. Giolito 11.9
  • 2020-2022: 1. Cease 7.2; 2. Giolito 6.9
  • 2021-2022: 1. Cease 7.5; 3. Rodon 4.9; 3. Giolito 4.7
  • 2022: 1. Cease 3.2; 2. R. Lopez 1.5; 3. Cueto & Kopech 0.9; 5. Giolito & Hendriks 0.7

Good teammate. Answers the bell. Most fans like him. Actually gives a shit. Brought in Katz who made Cease, Rodon and Lopez better.

He's been terrible this year. I like the guy but he's in the doghouse until he's not. Be better, LuPuss!

5 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Maybe playing in New York is a problem, maybe it’s not, but if the cost is a song I feel it’s a gamble worth taking.  Additionally, let’s not ignore his 28 defensive runs saved in RF since 2019, which 4th overall amongst RFs and even more impressive on a per innings basis.  He’s far from a perfect player even when things are going right, but we desperately need power from the LH side and better defense in RF and he might be able to address both on the cheap.

I have no problem ignoring that lol

10 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Lets say they trade nothing of importance for Gallo, who is the odd man out now?

The OF has to be LF: Jimenez CF: Robert RF: Gallo, where is Vaughn and Pollock in this?

2 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

What about Lynn, who is behind Lucas over 1 and 2 seasons and getting paid 2 1/2 times more for 8 games?

He flat out stinks right now. Need a nickname for him too. Any ideas?

LuPuss and Lynn going from top Cy Young contenders to worthless is just as detrimental to the team's performance as the offense.

Edited by KrankinSox

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

All because he strikes out a fuck-ton.  I didn’t peg you as an only batting average matters type of guy.

Menechino's approach is PERFECT for this. Turn Gallo into an opposite field singles hitter!

But seriously if anyone is gonna do well with an oppo approach it's an 80 raw power guy.

• Like 1

Just now, T R U said:

Lets say they trade nothing of importance for Gallo, who is the odd man out now?

The OF has to be LF: Jimenez CF: Robert RF: Gallo, where is Vaughn and Pollock in this?

Vaughn is the DH 4-5 games a week, Grandal 1-2 (and catches 1-2).

Pollock is on the pine until Eloy goes on the IL again.

1 minute ago, T R U said:

Vaughn as primary DH and Pollock as the 4th OF who starts against LHP and fills in as needed.  Odds of this group staying healthy is probably low, so not bad to have some additional depth.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Vaughn as primary DH and Pollock as the 4th OF who starts against LHP and fills in as needed.  Odds of this group staying healthy is probably low, so not bad to have some additional depth.

Man, that Kimbrel trade was just brutal all around. Absolutely nothing has worked out from that.

• Like 1

Just now, T R U said:

Man, that Kimbrel trade was just brutal all around. Absolutely nothing has worked out from that.

Hahn could have cut bait with a $1M buyout, but his enormous ego wouldn't let him.

Had to try to salvage something, anything, for giving up Heuer who was much better than Kimbrel to finish the year and still under control for years once he returns from surgery, and their wasted Top First Round pick. There was no trade market beyond LA for Kimbrel, none. Few teams were spending that money on a closer, all already were set except LA.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Yeah, you are on this. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Yes but you know TLR will have him in the lineup batting 3rd vs LHP.