Benintendi to NYY

Jack Parkman

1 hour ago, wegner said:

He's not hitting .200 so you can only have Colas and Vera for Gallo....but you've gotta send some cash....

image.jpeg

Man this really made me laugh.  So sad how true this is.  We’re actually going to trade human players for Joey frickin Gallo. How awful

• Love 1

31 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

Wasn’t it always realistic? Take his salary, he’s yours.

Yankees needed to secure a regular RF first. Currently Gallo and Carpenter have been splitting duties.

Gallo has homered twice in his last 9 at bats in limited playing time. He can still field, and would be a massive upgrade over Sheets. I believe Joey can turn it around, and it's worth a shot, especially if they can trade Pollock in the exchange.

15 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

We are never going to compete for these type of players until JR sells the team to an owner that actually cares. We’ve suffered long enough and deserve better.

What type of players are you referring to?  Craig Kimbrel was a much bigger get last deadline than Benintendi is this one.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

What type of players are you referring to?  Craig Kimbrel was a much bigger get last deadline than Benintendi is this one.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Well, maybe he meant guys who actually perform/ed well and somehow helped the team more than hindering it...which is arguably what locking up Pollock and not being able or willing to QO Rodon because of payroll limitations caused by picking up the Kimbrel option in the first place actually accomplished.

It really seems like Charles Johnson was the last big time position player who made a significant impact back in 2000.

And then there was White Flag, of course.

As one of the few “trade for Gallo” fans here, take a look at these splits vs RHP:

• Home: 11.8% BB rate, 31.2% K rate, .171 ISO, .204 BABIP, 76 wRC+
  • Away: 18.3% BB rate, 35.8% K rate, .270 ISO, .233 BABIP, 129 wRC+

If more impactful players can’t be acquired without decimating the farm system, I’d 100% take a chance on Gallo possibly returning to form by simply leaving NY.  Dude is streaky as hell and if he can somehow get hot come October he could possibly carry the team.  Assuming the cost is basically nothing, he’s definitely a guy I’d take gamble on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Timmy U said:

Cub fans tweeting they should get Colas for Happ.  I get he's got an extra year of control, but Happ doesn't have Benintendi's track record.  They're getting a package like this for him.

I don't feel strongly either way, but I think one could make a decent argument that Happ has a better/at least similar track record. If Benintendi wasn't once a big name in a big market, he's just a league average corner outfielder with one great season (2018) and a bunch of mediocre otherwise

4 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

Yankees gave their 18th, 24th and non top-40 prospects for Benintendi (fangraphs, 1/22).  None top 20 per Law.
  If the Sox, can give the 18th, 24th and an unrated prospect for Happ, that would be fine.

Some of these guys have improved their stock from start of the year. BA has those guys ranked a little better. Beck is 13, Sikkema is 23, and Champlain is 29.

9 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

As one of the few “trade for Gallo” fans here, take a look at these splits vs RHP:

• Home: 11.8% BB rate, 31.2% K rate, .171 ISO, .204 BABIP, 76 wRC+
  • Away: 18.3% BB rate, 35.8% K rate, .270 ISO, .233 BABIP, 129 wRC+

If more impactful players can’t be acquired without decimating the farm system, I’d 100% take a chance on Gallo possibly returning to form by simply leaving NY.  Dude is streaky as hell and if he can somehow get hot come October he could possibly carry the team.  Assuming the cost is basically nothing, he’s definitely a guy I’d take gamble on.

Another Adam Dunn move, no thanks

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

Yankees gave their 18th, 24th and non top-40 prospects for Benintendi (fangraphs, 1/22).  None top 20 per Law.
  If the Sox, can give the 18th, 24th and an unrated prospect for Happ, that would be fine.

The Yankees system is way deeper than the Sox is.