7/29 Athletics @ White Sox 7:10 PM CDT NBCSCH

We're gonna lose tonight and maybe 2 of the next 3 and still be within 4 games of the AL Central lead. And it's gonna give Rick Hahn all the ammo he needs to do some stupid deal at the deadline. 

Just now, fathom said:

Why is the roster considered really good?  Lots of injury prone hitters with insignificant track records and older players who are showing signs of being cooked.

I think the in their prime guys will eventually be fine, but Grandal & Lynn being washed is enough to knock ~8 wins off what we were expecting from this team anyway.

Just now, chw42 said:

We're gonna lose tonight and maybe 2 of the next 3 and still be within 4 games of the AL Central lead. And it's gonna give Rick Hahn all the ammo he needs to do some stupid deal at the deadline. 

Guardians likely one GB after tonight...if current scores hold.

Might put pressure on CLE to actually add rather than subtract.

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

They will stay around .500 and still be in it because Cleveland and Minnesota will not run away with the division.

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

I think the in their prime guys will eventually be fine, but Grandal & Lynn being washed is enough to knock ~8 wins off what we were expecting from this team anyway.

Yoan looks nowhere near the electric player he was in 2019. Eloy has been a disappointment.  Robert shows flashes but needs to be way more consistent. Just too much regression, as this is the age they’re supposed to be improving and they’re going the other way.  Reminds me a bit of the last Cubs core after 2016.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

I don’t get how all these teams have minimum salary relievers that are better than the high-priced Sox guys

Organizations draft and develop pitchers. The Sox are unable.

1 minute ago, oldsox said:

Timmy needs a shrink.

Timmy needs condoms.

1 minute ago, AJ'S Cousin said:

We all know THEY ( Management) believe that can still make the playoffs and will make a couple of stupid deadline deals. Stand pat, get new management and deal during off season with trades and free agency. 

They will probably go with more relievers when our main problem is not scoring enough runs and not hitting enough homers.