7/29 Athletics @ White Sox 7:10 PM CDT NBCSCH

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

Turning Seth Brown into Barry Bonds lol. Good thing Hahn doesn't even bother to get a real LH power bat in this lineup.

I hear Seth Brown is available 

We have a team of lifeless zombies that seemingly don’t care that they are failing over and over again and that the team is vastly underperforming. Obviously I don’t condone the bump of the umpire, but I have no problem with TA (or anyone) having an emotional outburst. They should be pissed, maybe someone can inject life into this team. Obviously it won’t come from our manager, an emotional outburst will land him in the hospital for sure 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

This might be the most depressing of his depressing stats

They need to fire the whole coaching staff and front office. This shit is inexcusable. 

4 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

And for a guy who's strike zone is as big as Texas.  He swings at everything.

So say he gets a 6 game suspension.  Way to miss about ten percent of the remaining games when “every game counts”.

• TLR 1

2 minutes ago, chw42 said:

I was actually thinking maybe we can get Brown in the 1st inning...then I saw his .270 OBP. He can play OF but he's probably trash out there. 

It's crazy to me that someone with a .279 (updated) OBP is an above average hitter by wRC+. I don't want Brown either, but that shows you how broken the offensive environment is in baseball right now.

As I’ve said in many posts this year, this is a snake bit club that under current management will not make the playoffs this year and if they stand pat for next year management wise they will get the same results. The roster is very good, but remember the Chicago Bulls? Doug Collins was not coach to win championships, same situation here, ironically same owner. Players good, management bad. 

Just now, AJ'S Cousin said:

As I’ve said in many posts this year, this is a snake bit club that under current management will not make the playoffs this year and if they stand pat for next year management wise they will get the same results. The roster is very good, but remember the Chicago Bulls? Doug Collins was not coach to win championships, same situation here, ironically same owner. Players good, management bad. 

Why is the roster considered really good?  Lots of injury prone hitters with insignificant track records and older players who are showing signs of being cooked.