McGuire Throws Shade at Sox Clubhouse

CWSpalehoseCWS

2 hours ago, tray said:

Exposing yourself in a public parking lot by jacking off  is a crime. I know he did that because it is a matter of record and he ha\s admitted to it.

Would you mind if your wife or daughter saw that or some grammar school kids? 

My wife is a grown woman and would probably tell me about it and we would laugh our asses off. lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

What's that team that used to play the Globetrotters and lose almost every time, the Generals?

You would think that after being made to look like fools every night, the Generals would finally figure out the Globetrotters' plays, but nooooo!  Anyway, Globetrotter great Goose Tatum's real first name was Reece, so here we are back to Reese McGuire.  I love the internet.

4 hours ago, Richie said:

My wife is a grown woman and would probably tell me about it and we would laugh our asses off. lol

She may have laughed at little Ricky depending on how much she liked the Big McGuire.

Edited by tray

Criticise Mcguire all you want for his extra curricular pastimes but the point remains that what he said suggesting lack of ambition in the White Sox clubhouse does sound right and he is not the first person to suggest it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • TLR 1

26 minutes ago, Chimpton said:

Criticise Mcguire all you want for his extra curricular pastimes but the point remains that what he said suggesting lack of ambition in the White Sox clubhouse does sound right and he is not the first person to suggest it.

I think you’re saying that what McGuire expressed is not wacky at all.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Chimpton said:

He had a sub .600 OPS. Was he one of the slackers? 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

It's nice Spanky and his .550 OPS is popping off. I also am glad he really enjoys playing for a last place team.

So is he supposed to shut up and not say good things about his new team?

Sure - if you read between the lines, it looks like he's throwing shade, but on the surface literally all he's said is a more substantive version of "I am enjoying the culture and my time here in Boston so far."

As someone with a .550 OPS or whatever it is, it's in his best interests to ingratiate himself with his new team.

Also, the fact that nobody on the White Sox team (not TLR) has said anything about McGuire's quote speaks volumes.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JoeC said:

So is he supposed to shut up and not say good things about his new team?

Sure - if you read between the lines, it looks like he's throwing shade, but on the surface literally all he's said is a more substantive version of "I am enjoying the culture and my time here in Boston so far."

As someone with a .550 OPS or whatever it is, it's in his best interests to ingratiate himself with his new team.

Also, the fact that nobody on the White Sox team (not TLR) has said anything about McGuire's quote speaks volumes.

And the fact he’s now the 4th person (2 current players) to speak out about the clubhouse.

30 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

It's nice Spanky and his .550 OPS is popping off. I also am glad he really enjoys playing for a last place team.

None of that changes the fact that he and others have said the same thing about the lack of ambition in the clubhouse.

1 minute ago, Chimpton said:

None of that changes the fact that he and others have said the same thing about the lack of ambition in the clubhouse.

It would be more meaningful if it came from a guy who actually permformed. Not another guy who underperformed. He's lucky he's in the major leagues. 2 organizations gave up on him in the last 6 months.

I kinda don't buy the subtext unless it's confirmed. This is pretty boiler plate "just moved clubhouses" stuff. The Red Sox traded away Christian Vazquez and replaced him with a worse catcher. Is that an example of a place that wants to win? No, but it's the red sox. 

Not saying he isn't throwing shade, but this is not very blatant.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

It would be more meaningful if it came from a guy who actually permformed. Not another guy who underperformed. He's lucky he's in the major leagues. 2 organizations gave up on him in the last 6 months.

Sure, it would be more meaningful if someone like, say, Abreu said something, right?

3 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

why? Does it make it less true if the guy lacks talent?

The guy is a fringe major leaguer. He should be careful. Popping off about old teams won't give fringe players more opportunity. The guy apparently said nothing when he was here. Why? 

I know some people are eager for anyone to rip the White Sox. So far, the players who have ripped them, McGuire and Keuchel, were 2 players who didn't help at all when it came to winning, and were part of the problem. Now it's really interesting to hear what they say? Who cares what they say? I know the White Sox deserve a ripping, and change is needed. But these idiots shouldn't be the ones with their mouths going.

• Thanks 1