8/19 Gamethread: White Sox vs. The Artist Formerly Known As The I****ns, Lynn vs. McKenzie

KrankinSox

Just now, Polar Bear said:

We needed a SP and he got Cueto.  He also jettisoned Kimbrel and his horrible contract for outfield help in Pollock.  Harrison hasn't been a good signing but not even as close to as bad as Leury was but JR, KW, and TLR love Leury so they had to have him back 

Pollock has been an awful addition.  He’s sucked vs RHP, and now we might get stuck with him next year.

1 minute ago, Tony said:

According to Spotrac, the Sox sit at 7th in payroll at 196 million in payroll. 

I don't want to break any news to you, but Rick Hahn has been at the helm for over a decade. 

Yes, we'd all like the Sox to FINALLY sign a high priced, prized FA. 

But the payroll isn't a "problem", there are 20+ teams that would kill for the payroll the Sox have right now. 

Rick just doesn't know how to build a Championship contender. 

RH has not been at the helm.  He is under KW until KW officially moved to VP or whether like 2 years ago 

Anyone see the post game presser tonight? He looked like he didn’t know where he was at, couldn’t understand what he was saying and at one point I think he forgot what he was talking about. I Seriously think something is wrong with him 

• Like 2
  • TLR 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Pollock has been an awful addition.  He’s sucked vs RHP, and now we might get stuck with him next year.

Hee has not been a terrible addition with all of our injuries.  No one and I mean no one was taking on Kimbrel's contract.  Its a miracle that we someone got a player that is serviceable like Pollock for Kimbrel

Just now, Ken S said:

Just listening to TLR press conference I did not understand a word he said   Great Manager WTF

The rest of the AL Central must thank JR for sabotaging this team.  Here is this young core, lets hire the old duffer who barely knows what day it is.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Polar Bear said:

RH has not been at the helm.  He is under KW until KW officially moved to VP or whether like 2 years ago 

Rick Hahn was named General Manager in 2012, the same time Kenny was named VP. 

You also have no actual evidence to support those claims. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Polar Bear said:

Hee has not been a terrible addition with all of our injuries.  No one and I mean no one was taking on Kimbrel's contract.  Its a miracle that we someone got a player that is serviceable like Pollock for Kimbrel

So....who was the one that picked up the option for Kimbrel? 

I don't know how ANYONE, includes relatives in the Hahn family, can carry water for anyone in this front office right now. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tony said:

So....who was the one that picked up the option for Kimbrel? 

I don't know how ANYONE, includes relatives in the Hahn family, can carry water for anyone in this front office right now. 

They all suck. 

I like what Shirley is doing right now. Even if they don't get results, the process is there. 

Silver lining if the FO remains in place. 

I couldn't care less if he's replaced if Hahn is fired. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

2 minutes ago, Ken S said:

Just listening to TLR press conference I did not understand a word he said   Great Manager WTF

Nobody understood his moves tonight either.  This guy is toast. He should resign.  He is ruining his HOF legacy with all his inexplicable and incompetent moves.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RJSox_22 said:

Imagine how empty that ballpark will be next year if either of these things happen:

1) TLR is brought back

2) They don’t add even more payroll for 1 year to clean up this mess until Grandal, Lynn, Kelly, Pollock, etc come off books

If they bring back TLR then you might as well wait till nature takes its course and he or the owner is in the afterlife.  

2 minutes ago, Polar Bear said:

Exercising that Kimbrel option was just stupid and that's not hindsight...many here were against it.  Many here also thought the qualifying offer to Rodon was a no brainer.  Just a crappy off season by Hahn.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Polar Bear said:

We needed a SP and he got Cueto.  He also jettisoned Kimbrel and his horrible contract for outfield help in Pollock.  Harrison hasn't been a good signing but not even as close to as bad as Leury was but JR, KW, and TLR love Leury so they had to have him back 

We needed a SP and he told Rodon to hit the road, and then picked Vince Velasquez.  It was only when Lynn was hurt did he get Cueto.
He picked up Kimbrel's contract and announced to the world he wanted to trade him (good way to get trade leverage) . He then signs Joe Kelly for a mutli-year contract at about twice what he's worth. He then jettisoned Kimbrel for yet another aging player who the Sox are going to be on the hook for next year for over $10 million.  He signed Leury to a 3 year deal at 2x his market value. 
He spent over $30 million making the team worse.
Meanwhile his farm system checked in at #30.

Edited by GreenSox
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, wegner said:

Exercising that Kimbrel option was just stupid and that's not hindsight...many here were against it.  Many here also thought the qualifying offer to Rodon was a no brainer.  Just a crappy off season by Hahn.

The difference between Rodon and Cueto would be negligible at best so id take Cueto for the price 

1 minute ago, Polar Bear said:

The difference between Rodon and Cueto would be negligible at best so id take Cueto for the price 

Pretty sure you may actually be a polar bear, which would go a long way in explaining your logic displayed tonight. 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Polar Bear said:

Rodon wouldn't have taken the QO.  Hahn also chose VV initially over Cueto so I'm not giving him much credit there either.

Just now, Polar Bear said:

Now if you get rid of these and rebuild around Eloy, Robert, Vaughn, Colas, and Montgomery we might have something going in a couple seasons 

Abreu

Grandal

Pollock

Leury

Harrison

TA

YoYo

To be clear, you've gone out of your way to defend Rick Hahn tonight, and are now making a post, on August 19th, 2022 discussing how this team can "rebuild" and "having something going in a couple seasons" when earlier this calendar year, the same Rick Hahn told us this club had World Series expectations.