8/19 Gamethread: White Sox vs. The Artist Formerly Known As The I****ns, Lynn vs. McKenzie

KrankinSox

I haven't been around as much as I made a commitment to being more positive and enjoying the division race even if we haven't met expectations - it's not like we're the Yankees. We haven't earned the right as fans to be arrogant. 

I'm gonna enjoy this drive down the stretch. Let's go boys! Let's sweep this ass holes.

I'll add that la russa criticism and negativity is still fine, but I'm all in on the boys .

Leggo!! Season started today 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Just now, chw42 said:

I'd understand if Zavala flailed at the bad pitches but Pollock and Vaughn are supposed to be good professional hitters and they looked worse than Seby. 

Expecting Pollock to produce against quality RHP isn't realistic based off what we've seen from him this season.

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

I'd understand if Zavala flailed at the bad pitches but Pollock and Vaughn are supposed to be good professional hitters and they looked worse than Seby. 

No one touches good mackenzie curves. That pitch from that arm slot is so nasty. I've always been a big mackenzie guy though 

8 minutes ago, Paulie4Pres said:

Situational hitting is so fucking terrible. It's amazing Menenchino still has a fucking job. Just stealing a paycheck.

He threw two strikes to those three hitters, and they all went down swinging.

You'd think some of these hitters would figure that out on their own.

2 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

If you can’t hit the curve don’t swing at them.  They all end below the zone.  Everybody wants to be a hero.  No plate discipline.  Miss a contact hitter like Madrigal.  BTW, Vaughn should not be hitting second against the tough righty.  Moncada is the ideal second hitter nowadays, another TLR unforced error.

Vaughn is now actually one of our best hitters against RHP so I don't mind him batting 2nd. More AB's for him.McKenzie won't pitch a complete game. Maybe get to another reliever if Clase isn't going to pitch if the Sox can hold onto the lead.

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Apparently the hitting coach is telling people to swing at balls. Lol

He's obviously not telling them anything. After the Zavala at bat, he should have been telling them to be patient and wait for a pitch. Because he's not throwing strikes. And they just went up there chopping.

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

Expecting Pollock to produce against quality RHP isn't realistic based off what we've seen from him this season.

If Pollock was more disciplined his count would have been 3-0.  He should not have swung at any curve ball.  He can’t hit a curve,  Vaughn should not have been hitting second in the first place. Moncada should have been hitting second.  Sheets should have been in the line up.  Bad TLR lineup construction tonight has cost us some runs.

Just now, hankchifan said:

If Pollock was more disciplined his count would have been 3-0.  He should not have swung at any curve ball.  He can’t hit a curve,  Vaughn should not have been hitting second in the first place. Moncada should have been hitting second.  Sheets should have been in the line up.  Bad TLR lineup construction tonight has cost us some runs.

McKenzie is tougher on lefties then righties.