8/19 Gamethread: White Sox vs. The Artist Formerly Known As The I****ns, Lynn vs. McKenzie

KrankinSox

1 minute ago, Paulie4Pres said:

He's obviously not telling them anything. After the Zavala at bat, he should have been telling them to be patient and wait for a pitch. Because he's not throwing strikes. And they just went up there chopping.

I'm not sure you understand how hard hitting is. They're not trying to swing at balls. They don't recognize it out of the hand because mackenzie is deceptive as shit, release points are identical, and the curve looks like everything else. It's why he's so nasty without elite velocity 

• Like 1

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I'm not sure you understand how hard hitting is. They're not trying to swing at balls. They don't recognize it out of the hand because mackenzie is deceptive as shit, release points are identical, and the curve looks like everything else. It's why he's so nasty without elite velocity 

He also gets good extension on his fastball cause he's so tall with long arms. That's how his fastball is decent despite it being in the low 90s. 

Just now, chw42 said:

He also gets good extension on his fastball cause he's so tall with long arms. That's how his fastball is decent despite it being in the low 90s. 

This is also true, but mackenzie is awesome. I've been saying this forever and he's found his release point on the off speed. They sox got to him early which is good. Now they need to hold and scrape 1 or 2 more across.

Just now, Soxfest said:

Frank please resign you got to feel like a thief stealing a check……12k in 6 innings 

Adam LaRoche will have my respect for life for quitting and leaving the paycheck at the window. 

Very few people have this kind of dignity. 

• Haha 1