White Sox vs. Orioles 8/23 6:05 CDT (Cease vs. Voth)

Bob Sacamano

3 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

Harrison reminds me of Leury, and Moncada. Guys who are always taking a hack at the wrong fucking pitch in an at bat because their pitch recognition is bottom of the league tier.  How can these guys be so bad at knowing how to work a count in their favor. Do they even look at video of the guy they're facing? It's really remarkable

It constantly seems like Sox hitters are getting out guessed at the plate. We *know* the Sox hitting coaching and development is poor, so it figures their preparation would also be bad as well.

9 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Shocking - more runners left on base. 😆

7 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Delete - duplicate post.

Did the duplicate post actually say more runners left on base? If so you shoulda just left the duplicate it probably happened again.

Just now, fathom said:

Sox have two hitters that bring me the slightest bit of excitement in Robert and Eloy. All the rest are just blah to me now.

Robert's power has been so underwhelming, it's difficult for me to even get excited about him. But the production has still been there for him, even if it's not to the extent we're all hoping for

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

Robert's power has been so underwhelming, it's difficult for me to even get excited about him. But the production has still been there for him, even if it's not to the extent we're all hoping for

I feel like those two might actually do something interesting at the plate.  Menechino should be so ashamed of himself for what he’s turned these guys into.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

I feel like those two might actually do something interesting at the plate.  Menechino should be so ashamed of himself for what he’s turned these guys into.

Turning someone with Robert's absurd quality of contact into a sub 20 HR guy should be impossible

• Like 1

I don’t know if I want them to win or not… and it’s a very unusual feeling. At least previously hoping for a loss meant rooting for a better draft slot.

Now I guess I’m rooting for them to crash so there are more changes… potentially.

If there even really will be a “reckoning”.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Come on my guy.  You can't honestly think a hitting coach has that much influence on a hitter.

I think the organization philosophy of stressing batting average and lack of strikeouts has had a negative impact.  It’s the only thing that explains the team-wide power outage.  What do you think the cause is?

• Like 2

Just now, tray said:

They have both missed a ton of games this season so it really isn't fair to characterize them as sub 20 HR guys.

League average ISO is .152. Robert is on that number exactly, and Eloy is actually well below it. So neither guy has been hitting for the power we all know they're capable of in games this year.

• Like 1

Just now, fathom said:

I think the organization philosophy of stressing batting average and lack of strikeouts has had a negative impact.  It’s the only thing that explains the team-wide power outage.  What do you think the cause is?

It's impossible for me not to look at Andrew Vaughn's batted ball distribution + lack of power and not think that's a result of coaching & development. He is doing everything the Sox seem to want from their hitters to a T.

• Thanks 1

• Quin unpinned and locked this topic