Who is buying/renewing tix for 2023?

caulfield12

it sounds like someone's not getting their quota bonuses this spring.  Actually, I do feel bad for that group, not their fault they work for such a terrible owner and mgmt  What's amazing is how far the FO & ownership go in showing how little they care about fans.  They just see us as "fresh fish, reelin 'em in".

• Thanks 1

I had issues redeeming my 10 game voucher plan this afternoon. After merely texting my rep asking her questions about seats, her boss called me and pushed very very hard to get me to double my commitment from 10 game voucher to a set 20-game plan. Was even offering me Guaranteed Rate Club seats for one of the games to get me to upgrade. It was honestly a fair deal, but I kept trying to tell him that my buddy would not be on board with adding MORE games to our plan, when he's not even a Sox fan to begin with, but he loves baseball. 

The guy was nice, but very persistent trying to get me to commit to doubling my plan. What I don't understand about those 20 game plans is how they can just expect someone to both WANT to go to those predetermined 20 games or even be available for them. I enjoy the freedom of the 10 game voucher being able to choose my own 10 games, or just choose 5 games with twice the amount of tickets, or whatever combination I want. 🤷

• Like 2

On 10/13/2022 at 8:56 AM, palehose1 said:

I have 4 season tickets since 1991 that I split with a few other guys, it took us 30 years but we have great seats a few rows behind the visitors on deck circle. We added two more seats before the 2022 season just past third base anticipating playoffs. As a season ticket holder I can see the usage on my seats and a lot of the 3rd base seats went unused which is a total waste. I know when I had to sell tickets I usually got significantly less than I paid (which is supposed discounted for season tickets vs box office price)

Our total invoice went up 11%. We will probably drop the 2 extra seats you can get them cheaper on Stubhub on day of game.  We will renew the 1st base seats because our group are hardcore fans but I do sense less enthusiasm.

The other issue is how much they raised concessions. No only did they raise the posted prices significantly but they add sales tax separately. Add in a tip and a beer that was $11 "all in" a year ago is now $15. I understand inflation but I also can identify greed to. I spent less during my ballpark visits in 2022 than in the past. 

I was a season ticket holder from the day they signed Carleton Fisk up until the last day of old Comiskey. When they built the new park and raised prices and moved my seats I did not renew. The salesman that got my account was very abusive and wouldn’t take no for an answer. Since then I’ve sporadically attended games with 2022 being the most games I attended. About 12 to 14. All lower bowl expensive seats seats 3 to 4 tickets per game. Concessions, Parking, spent on average about $300 a game. 2023 will be different. I don’t think I’ll spend that much  right now only the “ Hi Mom “ bobble head game is on the calendar. They don’t want to spend and neither will I. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

I had issues redeeming my 10 game voucher plan this afternoon. After merely texting my rep asking her questions about seats, her boss called me and pushed very very hard to get me to double my commitment from 10 game voucher to a set 20-game plan. Was even offering me Guaranteed Rate Club seats for one of the games to get me to upgrade. It was honestly a fair deal, but I kept trying to tell him that my buddy would not be on board with adding MORE games to our plan, when he's not even a Sox fan to begin with, but he loves baseball. 

The guy was nice, but very persistent trying to get me to commit to doubling my plan. What I don't understand about those 20 game plans is how they can just expect someone to both WANT to go to those predetermined 20 games or even be available for them. I enjoy the freedom of the 10 game voucher being able to choose my own 10 games, or just choose 5 games with twice the amount of tickets, or whatever combination I want. 🤷

I do feel for them.  Bottom line is season tickets make much more sense if the tickets are a tough get during the season.  But you can walk up to the G-Rate box office on any game day and get tickets.  Why inconvenience yourself by reducing your choice of games to attend?

8 hours ago, AJ'S Cousin said:

I was a season ticket holder from the day they signed Carleton Fisk up until the last day of old Comiskey. When they built the new park and raised prices and moved my seats I did not renew. The salesman that got my account was very abusive and wouldn’t take no for an answer. Since then I’ve sporadically attended games with 2022 being the most games I attended. About 12 to 14. All lower bowl expensive seats seats 3 to 4 tickets per game. Concessions, Parking, spent on average about $300 a game. 2023 will be different. I don’t think I’ll spend that much  right now only the “ Hi Mom “ bobble head game is on the calendar. They don’t want to spend and neither will I. 

They spend money they just do it foolishly. 

41 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

They spend money they just do it foolishly. 

I stand slightly corrected. Yes they’ve spent money very foolishly in the past. Last year is great example and what they’ve spent on what I call class B free agents, we never get the big ones.  Example : we out bid San Diego for Machado, he picks SD, we go after Wheeler, get Lynne instead. Now don’t get me wrong, I love Lynne but Wheeler is better. Signing Kuechel was a huge mistake. We always seem to cut corners and fly coach and cut corners. There mentality is spend on quantity not quality. We didn’t seriously go after Conforto, try to bring back Rodon, instead we sign piece of s%*# Clevinger. You’re right, the sometimes spend but spend wrong. Imagine Machado at SS or 3rd and Anderson and or Moncada filling in at second. Maybe the White Sox were implying to Machado that they wanted him to play 3rd and not SS or the opposite. This reminds me of the Bulls. Also owned by JR as we know and going public that we’re making an offer to XXX player and end up with Boozer. We don’t get McGrady, etc. any JR Team settles for seconds. 

3 minutes ago, AJ'S Cousin said:

I stand slightly corrected. Yes they’ve spent money very foolishly in the past. Last year is great example and what they’ve spent on what I call class B free agents, we never get the big ones.  Example : we out bid San Diego for Machado, he picks SD, we go after Wheeler, get Lynne instead. Now don’t get me wrong, I love Lynne but Wheeler is better. Signing Kuechel was a huge mistake. We always seem to cut corners and fly coach and cut corners. There mentality is spend on quantity not quality. We didn’t seriously go after Conforto, try to bring back Rodon, instead we sign piece of s%*# Clevinger. You’re right, the sometimes spend but spend wrong. Imagine Machado at SS or 3rd and Anderson and or Moncada filling in at second. Maybe the White Sox were implying to Machado that they wanted him to play 3rd and not SS or the opposite. This reminds me of the Bulls. Also owned by JR as we know and going public that we’re making an offer to XXX player and end up with Boozer. We don’t get McGrady, etc. any JR Team settles for seconds. 

Hate it all you want, but the Padres have five starters (Nick Martinez and Seth Lugo replacing Manaea and He Who Shall Not Be Named)...and eight candidates and counting for the 6th spot.

Those eight are Pedro Avila, Jay Groome, Brent Honeywell Jr., Reiss Knehr, Adrian Morejon, Ryan Weathers, Wilmer Font and Julio Teheran.  At least four former Top Ten prospects and or high draft picks in that group and they're still not satisfied and will continue to add/scour the market.

On the other hand, nobody in baseball can really take the White Sox all that seriously with almost no depth after Caleb Martin...who most knowledgeable fans were hoping wouldn't be in the rotation in the first place.

We also are quite well aware of how shaky Lynn and Kopech are health-wise, too.

Finally, what are the odds of another Rodon 2021 or Cueto in 2022 under $5 million?  Of near perfect health?

Mind boggling for a team with the current payroll to be in this dire position depth-wise.

53 minutes ago, AJ'S Cousin said:

Sox got Lynn in a trade for Dunning. No way to criticize that move imo. They turned Eaton into Gio, Lopez and Lynn. Can’t beat that kind of turnaround.(well maybe except the trade that shall not be named)

It was Keuchel that was signed instead of Wheeler

Edited by FourEyesShottenhoffer

2 minutes ago, FourEyesShottenhoffer said:

Sox got Lynn in a trade for Dunning. No way to criticize that move imo. They turned Eaton into Gio, Lopez and Lynn. Can’t beat that kind of turnaround.(well maybe except the trade that shall not be named)

It was Keuchel that was signed instead of Wheeler

ok, your memory is better than mine, so we got a piece of s%*# like Kuechel instead of Wheelr, as i said, always outbid and have to take leftovers 

I dont think i've heard of this voucher option ... that sounds better than season tix to be honest. Still wouldn't pull the trigger on it, but definitely more enticing. I had great seats, the type i've dreamed about since a kid. Couldn't get rid of them at half price. ended up only being able to go to like half the games due to work commitments. Overall just not a fun experience and very expensive. I really just don't see a situation where i ever buy season tickets again. I'd rather go to a few games a year when i know the weather is perfect or the pitching matchup is lining up to be great or i have a day off of work randomly rather than try and fit a square into a round hole. Plus now that we suck again, who cares where your seats are, just sit wherever you'd like again. 

Ah, so depressing. "The Championship Window" is us balking at buying tickets, getting an F on offseason grade, and back to back offseasons of talking about TLR or Clevinger types while watchign Abreu suit up for the defending champs. Fire them all into the sun. This franchise is in the bottom 5% of all professional sports. 

51 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Hate it all you want, but the Padres have five starters (Nick Martinez and Seth Lugo replacing Manaea and He Who Shall Not Be Named)...and eight candidates and counting for the 6th spot.

Those eight are Pedro Avila, Jay Groome, Brent Honeywell Jr., Reiss Knehr, Adrian Morejon, Ryan Weathers, Wilmer Font and Julio Teheran.  At least four former Top Ten prospects and or high draft picks in that group and they're still not satisfied and will continue to add/scour the market.

On the other hand, nobody in baseball can really take the White Sox all that seriously with almost no depth after Caleb Martin...who most knowledgeable fans were hoping wouldn't be in the rotation in the first place.

We also are quite well aware of how shaky Lynn and Kopech are health-wise, too.

Finally, what are the odds of another Rodon 2021 or Cueto in 2022 under $5 million?  Of near perfect health?

Mind boggling for a team with the current payroll to be in this dire position depth-wise.

It's Davis Martin, damnit.  I know you get a woody over every Padre move, but at least get the Sox names right!!!

• Like 2
  • Fire 1

22 hours ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

I'll say as a 20 game plan holder, our group likes it as we all know what games we have well ahead of time. Much easier to plan for. It's hard to get four different people on the same schedule all the time, so if a person or two can't make it we bring other people or our family with, or just sell/exchange them. 

On 9/28/2022 at 11:55 AM, southsider2k5 said:

I went to one game this season.  I had planned on buying a suite to a game and bringing a bunch of friends, but between not being able to get a response from the Sox tickets reps and the overall garbage on the field, I didn't.  We ended up actually using that money as a part of the down payment towards a Disney Vacation Club membership.  Quite literally the quality of this team,  and the TLR situation, cost them somewhere around $2500 to $3000 from my family alone.

No joke, how’s the Disney thing working out for you? The mouse makes things look good, but I’m afraid it’s just a timeshare scheme. 

2 minutes ago, ewokpelts said:

No joke, how’s the Disney thing working out for you? The mouse makes things look good, but I’m afraid it’s just a timeshare scheme. 

We figured out for the same money we spend going every couple of years, we can stay at a level higher of a place for the same dollars.  Plus we get bedrooms, laundry and a kitchen.  It also spreads the dollars out over time instead of all at once.  It also sets us up to stay ocean side in Hawaii for our 25th.  By then the loan is half paid off and we still have the package for 45 more years.

If you go regularly,  it is the best way to go.  Message me if you want more details on what we did or how it works.

On 2/1/2023 at 10:48 PM, Sleepy Harold said:

I'll say as a 20 game plan holder, our group likes it as we all know what games we have well ahead of time. Much easier to plan for. It's hard to get four different people on the same schedule all the time, so if a person or two can't make it we bring other people or our family with, or just sell/exchange them. 

My best friend and I get together usually around mid-January every year and pick out our 10 games. So I already know exactly what 10 games we are going to and then as soon as the presale opens up, I redeem them. My issue was that we were blocked off frow rows that we used to be able to get. Since the Sox changed how they divide up their sections, we got bumped back to a further back set of seats to pick from with no option to upgrade to closer rows without going up to the 20 game plan. The Sox had the gall to get greedy after one of their most disappointing seasons in franchise history.

So the gist of the phone call was "Oh, you can have the seats you have had for the last 5 or 6 years.....but you'll have to upgrade to the 20 game plan to get it...and you have to choose these pre-determined games, even though you already sorted out the 10 games you wanted to go to."

🤬

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

My best friend and I get together usually around mid-January every year and pick out our 10 games. So I already know exactly what 10 games we are going to and then as soon as the presale opens up, I redeem them. My issue was that we were blocked off frow rows that we used to be able to get. Since the Sox changed how they divide up their sections, we got bumped back to a further back set of seats to pick from with no option to upgrade to closer rows without going up to the 20 game plan. The Sox had the gall to get greedy after one of their most disappointing seasons in franchise history.

So the gist of the phone call was "Oh, you can have the seats you have had for the last 5 or 6 years.....but you'll have to upgrade to the 20 game plan to get it...and you have to choose these pre-determined games, even though you already sorted out the 10 games you wanted to go to."

🤬

Customer service? What's that? Never heard of such a concept. 

18 hours ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

🤬

Yeah I get the frustration in that regard, that blows. 

22 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

We figured out for the same money we spend going every couple of years, we can stay at a level higher of a place for the same dollars.  Plus we get bedrooms, laundry and a kitchen.  It also spreads the dollars out over time instead of all at once.  It also sets us up to stay ocean side in Hawaii for our 25th.  By then the loan is half paid off and we still have the package for 45 more years.

If you go regularly,  it is the best way to go.  Message me if you want more details on what we did or how it works.

Wife and I bought in this past November but went resale. It is very much worth it if you plan on going every 2 years and want to stay at a mid to higher end resort when you go. Getting the 1 bedroom when you have kids is so worth it!

On 2/1/2023 at 11:02 AM, AJ'S Cousin said:

But getting back on track of this forum, TICKETS. Not going to attend as many games as last year. Cost, traffic, potetentially a .500 team  I'm planning on the "hi mom bobblehead game and maybe July 4th, my birthday!!!! 

I don't understand why anybody would buy season tix when you can get good seats on the secondary market. If the team is any good just get tix on the internet sites that sell 'em. April and May you are dealing with cold weather. Summer time storms hit a lot. So why tie yourself into games that are played in absurd conditions?

1 hour ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Wife and I bought in this past November but went resale. It is very much worth it if you plan on going every 2 years and want to stay at a mid to higher end resort when you go. Getting the 1 bedroom when you have kids is so worth it!

Same idea, but we have older kids, so the 2 bed is a must.