The International Signing Thread

Sleepy Harold

More on Teenage Pujols before the jump:

https://www.sportsmockery.com/chicago-white-sox/white-sox-are-favorites-to-sign-top-international-prospect/

The scouting grades have him at 55 overall, which is the same as the number one me overall international prospect, so he is still highly touted…..

There are concerns about what position he will stick at, but if his bat plays, the White Sox will find a spot for him.

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Good point, although I’d assume in an open market like this they are pretty close to the the same thing (although perhaps timing plays some impact).

Maybe but the Sox signed Javier Mogollon for $75K last year and he’s a lock top 25 prospect in the system right now 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PolishPrince34 said:

Badler just came out with a huge article on the international signings. Does anyone have a recap on what the  White Sox are doing?

You mean the bonus board?

It's just a blurb on Herrera.

Edited by DirtySox

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/3/2023 at 5:54 AM, Chicago White Sox said:

Hey James, unrelated question, but do we still have money left for this signing period?  I just the Orioles signed an 18 OF from Cubs for $450k.  If so, not sure we wouldn’t have been in on that.

That was Jordan Sanchez , 18yr old OF from Cuba . There were earlier tweets about him from Romero in this thread.

7 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Is all the money spent ? What's the breakdown of who the Sox signed , age, country , position played and bonus amount ?

They still haven’t announced the final list for whatever reason. Should be this week. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Is all the money spent ? What's the breakdown of who the Sox signed , age, country , position played and bonus amount ?

From what's been reported so far they have eight signings per BA, with all but one (Curacao) being from Venezuela. The thinking is that they should have more sigings when they actually announce. Seems like they still have $ left as well. 

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Sleepy Harold said:

From what's been reported so far they have eight signings per BA, with all but one (Curacao) being from Venezuela. The thinking is that they should have more sigings when they actually announce. Seems like they still have $ left as well. 

Thanks kind of what I figured and then there's the prevailing voice in my head that keeps saying in supposedly down financial times when JR should be investing more in youth and player development he'll trade extra money away and let Getz play with $30-40M on dumpster dives retreads and nice guys who can field but can't hit all in the name of Ecksteindorf Ball.