White Sox Mgr Speculation Thread

southsider2k5

1 minute ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

I could be remembering incorrectly, but wasn't there a report early in the season that the teams discussed Montas but the A's wanted Vaughn? He may not be completely wrong about there being a deal discussed, other than saying it was done.

Edited by Bob Sacamano

1 minute ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I could be remembering incorrectly, but wasn't there a report early in the season that the teams discussed Montas but the A's wanted Vaughn? He may not be completely wrong about that, other than saying it was done.

Oh I guarantee the White Sox would have called and asked about him, but big difference between that and saying it's done. Similarly, I am quite confident the White Sox have had an interview with Espada. Is it officially done? Nothing that will change it because contract has ink on it? We'll see. 

5 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Very excited it’s Espada.  Obviously we aren’t sitting in on these interviews, but from a fan’s perspective he checks all the boxes we can see.

Yup. I just want someone who has been getting prep'd in a successful organization like Houston. He's obviously qualified with how long he's paid his dues as bench coach. Along with the interviews he's gotten as manager before. Hopefully Dusty hasn't rubbed off on him too much, but I'm sure he's analytics friendly and won't pull the s%*# Tony would. Him being a first time manager also means the FO and analytics department will have more influence on lineup and in-game decisions. No more Leury batting 3rd. 

I would also be ok with Matt Quataro since he also fits a lot of the stuff I mentioned above. 

Edited by chw42
  • Like 2

• Quin changed the title to The White Sox next manager thread: Rumored to be Espada
  • Chisoxfn changed the title to White Sox Mgr Speculation Thread
  • bmags changed the title to Pedro Grifol to be named White Sox manager - Olney; Katz asked to return per Rosey
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Chisoxfn locked this topic
  • southsider2k5 unpinned this topic