White Sox Mgr Speculation Thread

southsider2k5

Just now, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

I have zero respect for Hahn, even if it’s true (and Espada was my 1st choice). Hahn should still be fired.

That's fine. And you most likely are right. But it being espada if true he must of did something. So I can give him a lilttle respect

1 hour ago, Sleepy Harold said:

Bochy to TEX

Great, glad to hear he’s off the board, assuming the Sox get someone who isn’t tied to the organization. Now people can stop focusing on Bochy and instead focus on Espada.

1 hour ago, T R U said:

Well, I live in Texas and have since 1994. This post is nonsense, I don't think we even ran the heater last winter.

You can make the argument for Florida, but there are very few better places to live than Texas if were talking about weather and cost of living.

In December when you're shoveling snow in 20 degree weather I will be outside in shorts and a t-shirt in mid 60's and sunny.

Some of us don’t mind having seasons in the Midwest and don’t like summers that are scorching. The cost of living argument is all too easy and those of us who live in Illinois know it all too well, but some of us aren’t among the crowd that bitches about it and then feel free on their way out of the state. 

54 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

So it turns out people have different preferences when it comes to choosing a home state.  Got it.  Can we not do the whole proxy culture war that is the Illinois vs. Texas/Florida debate?  Boring.

I personally welcome the debate since people love to crap on Chicago and Illinois.

37 minutes ago, chw42 said:

I remember when Mike Rodriguez said we got Frankie Montas. Then it didn't happen lol. 

I just heard in the ladies room that we signed Tito. Piss a little, piss a lot.

• Haha 1

I don't know why anyone would want to get rid of Katz. He made Giolito a guy where a 5.00 ERA is a disaster.  He made Rodon and Cease Cy Yoing types. He made Lopez useful. If a pitcher has talent, there's a decent chance this guy has as good of shot as any to get it out of them.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, flavum said:

Heyman should be able to get something from the Marlins. If he’s out of the running there, then it’s probably a good sign.

Eloy vs. Wall hasn’t refuted it yet. Maybe he heard something that he can’t say yet or was told not to say anything. It may take a while like until after the WS to get to the mainstream media. Another good sign is if we don’t announce a hire right now and things are just dragging until after the WS is over. 

20 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I don't know why anyone would want to get rid of Katz. He made Giolito a guy where a 5.00 ERA is a disaster.  He made Rodon and Cease Cy Yoing types. He made Lopez useful. If a pitcher has talent, there's a decent chance this guy has as good of shot as any to get it out of them.

I’d be fine with Katz staying. It’s all the other disasters I want to see kicked to the curb.

Just now, ScooterMcGuire said:

Clean house. All of them. Except for MAYBE Katz

I'd be very surprised if more than 1 coaching staff member not named Ethan Katz returns.  I could see Cairo staying maybe.  

If the Sox are hiring an external manager, there is going to be a new coaching staff.  

Espada hiring Beltran as his bench coach would be *chefs kiss*. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

I'd be very surprised if more than 1 coaching staff member not named Ethan Katz returns.  I could see Cairo staying maybe.  

If the Sox are hiring an external manager, there is going to be a new coaching staff.  

Espada hiring Beltran as his bench coach would be *chefs kiss*. 

Nah, no cheaters please.

• Like 2
  • Fire 1

5 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

I’d be fine with Katz staying. It’s all the other disasters I want to see kicked to the curb.

I'll personally pack our current 3B coach his F$#@ing lunch....but be a little sad that I might have to retire that phrase.

• Chisoxfn changed the title to White Sox Mgr Speculation Thread
  • bmags changed the title to Pedro Grifol to be named White Sox manager - Olney; Katz asked to return per Rosey
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Chisoxfn locked this topic
  • southsider2k5 unpinned this topic