White Sox Mgr Speculation Thread

southsider2k5

1 minute ago, JoeC said:

I mean, it's weird that Ozzie is being interviewed if you assume that they're interviewing him to be the manager.

Note that the tweet doesn't say why they're interviewing him 😁

Character reference for Don Cooper, who is interviewing for the pitching coordinator position.

5 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

Last time it was AJ Hinch until they announced it was Larussa.

This time it's Joe Espada until they announce ...... it's Ozzie?

I wouldn't put it past  JR and his bullshit organization.

OK, let's be real here. 

Ozzie Guillen is 100X a more qualified candidate right now than LaRussa ever was when they brought him back. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1
  • TLR 1

3 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

I can just see it now. All these twitter accounts are going to backtrack if Espada is named the manager after the WS. Everybody is spewing stuff in the wind right now. Lol

Eloy vs Wall and Nb77 are by far the two best sources. If they say it’s not him, it’s not him.  Those guys never miss, compared to the foodies who are right like 5 pct of the time.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Eloy vs Wall and Nb77 are by far the two best sources. If they say it’s not him, it’s not him.  Those guys never miss, compared to the foodies who are right like 5 pct of the time.

Yep. Scares the crap out of me that NB77 is shooting it down. We are totally getting a classic White Sox hire instead. Can't wait to start hating another former player, again.

Edited by CWSpalehoseCWS

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Unless they are being told to say that because it would ruin the source but I highly doubt it. 

5 minutes ago, fathom said:

It's depressing as hell these anonymous accounts who have 0 accountability are what we cling to for news.

4 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

I think we’ll probably end up with Ron Washington in the end and that’s probably another reason why they are cancelling Soxfest. Lol

I can't decide who's the worst option between Washington/Ozzie/Thome but I do know if that's really the trio they're deciding between, it perfectly encapsulates why the Sox haven't been consistently relevant in the 40+ years since Jerry bought the team.

• Like 2

• Chisoxfn changed the title to The White Sox next manager thread; Bochy to Rangers

So one manager gets their interim tag removed, one manager gets hired that hasn’t managed for a couple years, Mike Rodriguez reports that Espada will be the manager of the Sox, Soxfest gets cancelled, Ozzie is apparently interviewing a second time with the Sox, Mike Rodriguez’s report is refuted a couple times by WSD, Eloy vs Wall and Northbrook Bob, and Schumaker is interviewing with the Marlins…Did I miss something? Busy day.

Edited by maloney.adam
  • Haha 1

• bmags changed the title to Pedro Grifol to be named White Sox manager - Olney; Katz asked to return per Rosey
  • Chisoxfn changed the title to White Sox Mgr Speculation Thread
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Chisoxfn locked this topic
  • southsider2k5 unpinned this topic