White Sox Mgr Speculation Thread

southsider2k5

This Eloy vs the Wall character seems to be a fraud.  Someone asked him to prove something he leaked and his example was the La Russa not returning in 2023 stuff.  But guess who tweeted that moments earlier?  None other than the Mike Rodriguez who is saying Espada will be the hire.  Definitely feels like Eloy vs the Wall simply piggy-backs off whatever Northbrook Bobs says.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, maloney.adam said:

Ok, I will stop posting stuff from Comiskey Footlong or any of the foodies on this board. However, I will not stop posting information on here that I feel is good for the board and that people can draw up conversations about but this will only come from credible sources such as James Fegan or James Fox for example. Sorry that I took things personal last night. 

Conversation is good! I don’t even hate people posting “foodies” and having “discussion” around certain ideas. 

My issue is when people form actual opinions or wonder “I don’t understand why the White Sox are doing this?” When it’s not based on anything other than some random dude throwing darts blindfolded. It doesn’t give us any actual information and we live in an age when people can’t seem to discern fact from absolute fiction. That’s where it becomes a problem. Fake News. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

This Eloy vs the Wall character seems to be a fraud.  Someone asked him to prove something he leaked and his example was the La Russa not returning in 2023 stuff.  But guess who tweeted that moments earlier?  None other than the Mike Rodriguez who is saying Espada will be the hire.  Definitely feels like Eloy vs the Wall simply piggy-backs off whatever Northbrook Bobs says.

To me, he is on par with the foodies, he just says things more firmly and definitively as if he is in the know.  A more confident/ arrogant version of Not Steve or Comiskey Dog.  I take him and his cohort with the same grain of salt. 

• Thanks 1

Something to consider….It’s also possible after completing an interview….a managerial candidate can decide “This isn’t a good fit for me, I may not be interested based on what I heard.”

• Like 4

Just now, Tony said:

Something to consider….It’s also possible after completing an interview….a managerial candidate can decide “This isn’t a good fit for me, I may not be interested based on what I heard.”

That crossed my mind too.  Espada may have decided he wanted to stay in Houston to eventually take the reigns there.  The Sox could have been impressed by him only to be turned down.  It’s just as plausible to me as some of the other Reinsdorfian theories being tossed around. 

47 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I’ll be honest, I’m trying to remain optimistic here, but the fact they’re planning to give Ozzie an interview is terrifying.  Just no reason for it whatsoever given how he exited the organization last time.  If legit, it just wreaks of Reinsdorf meddling.

Reinsdorf meddling would be if rumors started coming out that TLR was changing his mind and might come back. I just don't see JR fighting for Ozzie after his past burned bridges comments.

15 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

To me, he is on par with the foodies, he just says things more firmly and definitively as if he is in the know.  A more confident/ arrogant version of Not Steve or Comiskey Dog.  I take him and his cohort with the same grain of salt. 

One thing I will add is you can always tell who the fake insiders are based on how they interact with other “insiders”.  The fact that Eloy vs the Wall refused to call out Comiskey Footlong for being a fraud and simply went with the “he was mislead” just shows this is all attention driven and he doesn’t want to lose the free marketing arm that is another fake insider.

Espada may or may not happen, but I don’t these two guys’ tweets are the end all be all.  I still haven’t seen much they have broken first that wasn’t to guess budget related stuff. @fathom - Why do you have so much faith in these two?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sarava said:

Reinsdorf meddling would be if rumors started coming out that TLR was changing his mind and might come back. I just don't see JR fighting for Ozzie after his past burned bridges comments.

Who is the driving force to bring him in for an interview?  KW legit hates the dude and his family.  Hahn specifically said Ozzie wasn’t an option in 2020 before Jerry hijacked the process and inserted Tony.  Why would Hahn suddenly change his mind and consider Ozzie now?   And I’m pretty Ozzie’s son Oney made some digs at Rick over the years…why would he want to bring back that circus?

To me, this is Jerry doing Ozzie a solid by giving him an interview.  Ozzie simply doesn’t have the attributes that Hahn said he was looking for in his next hire.

I think it’s quite plausible that this is as simple as Espada wanting to stay committed to the Astros until their season is over, and the fake wannabe insiders are just that. Consider me wholly skeptical of a few Twitter “sources” that don’t use their own name. I trust that Mike Rodriguez over any of them. 

It is also quite plausible that the Sox botched another situation. But it’s really not worth getting worked up about until the manager is formally announced. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

That crossed my mind too.  Espada may have decided he wanted to stay in Houston to eventually take the reigns there.  The Sox could have been impressed by him only to be turned down.  It’s just as plausible to me as some of the other Reinsdorfian theories being tossed around. 

Of course that’s possible, but whoever it was reported the Sox told him no.  

22 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Who is the driving force to bring him in for an interview?  KW legit hates the dude and his family.  Hahn specifically said Ozzie wasn’t an option in 2020 before Jerry hijacked the process and inserted Tony.  Why would Hahn suddenly change his mind and consider Ozzie now?   And I’m pretty Ozzie’s son Oney made some digs at Rick over the years…why would he want to bring back that circus?

To me, this is Jerry doing Ozzie a solid by giving him an interview.  Ozzie simply doesn’t have the attributes that Hahn said he was looking for in his next hire.

Hahn discluding Ozzie in the previous search may have just been reflective of what they had decided as a group. But yeah. I just don't see Ozzie being hired.  Why would they want that circus back, including his sons? It doesnt really make sense from any of the 3's standpoint.

Hopefully the Espada stuff was just a  pre-mature report, but that they do end up settling on him when the time comes. He seemed like a good candidate.

33 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

One thing I will add is you can always tell who the fake insiders are based on how they interact with other “insiders”.  The fact that Eloy vs the Wall refused to call out Comiskey Footlong for being a fraud and simply went with the “he was mislead” just shows this is all attention driven and he doesn’t want to lose the free marketing arm that is another fake insider.

Espada may or may not happen, but I don’t these two guys’ tweets are the end all be all.  I still haven’t seen much they have broken first that wasn’t to guess budget related stuff. @fathom - Why do you have so much faith in these two?

Because they haven’t been wrong yet. As you mentioned, they were the first by far to say last offseason that they were out of money.  They’ve also had other info before others, like Lonzo’s knee issues, that show me they have ties to Reinsdorf.  Think about how many times a week the foodies are wrong compared to them.  It also wouldn’t shock me if nsbb is Bernstein’s Sox source that he has claimed to have for a long time just based on their interaction.

2 minutes ago, Sarava said:

Hahn discluding Ozzie in the previous search may have just been reflective of what they had decided as a group. But yeah. I just don't see Ozzie being hired.  Why would they want that circus back, including his sons? It doesnt really make sense from any of the 3's standpoint.

Hopefully the Espada stuff was just a  pre-mature report, but that they do end up settling on him when the time comes. He seemed like a good candidate.

I hope if they hire Ozzie, when they are 35-38 next year, Oney  starts taunting Hahn on Twitter.

I am with you though. There is no way they hire Ozzie. How can he go from not being considered in 2020 to the right guy for the job? Why wouldn’t they have brought him in as an interim when Tony left? There is zero logic. Hopefully his interview is just a ceremonial type thing.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I don’t believe for a second they’d hire Guillen, but if they did I might have to take an extended break from the White Sox until Jerry’s reign is over.

I'll be done.

I'll still check the score boxes, but my emotional and financial commitment to the team will be done. 

Edited by black jack
  • Like 1

I was minding my own business cooking bacon this morning when my wife comes into the kitchen holding her phone and nonchalantly says

"The White Sox named Jim Thome their new manager"

"Excuse me?"

"Isn't that how you say it, Thome?"

I grab my phone in a panic to check Soxtalk and phew!!

Almost burned my bacon.  Damned internet.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

His breakdown about how a bank won't let an owner borrow against team value because they would then have to accept an mlb team as payment if they default is one of the dumbest things I've read on Twitter in a long time. 

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I think Ozzie already interviewed and feels more like the Sox doing him a service by publicly calling him a candidate. Can't see them bringing him back. 

• Like 3

• bmags changed the title to Pedro Grifol to be named White Sox manager - Olney; Katz asked to return per Rosey
  • Chisoxfn changed the title to White Sox Mgr Speculation Thread
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Chisoxfn locked this topic
  • southsider2k5 unpinned this topic