Official NBA 22-23

• 2 weeks later...

I doubt they get to even the ECF, but I'm so here for thibs taking the knicks for a long run. I hated when he was ran out, and it was clear he was not the problem pretty quickly. Him winning a championship would be the greatest thing ever.

Sucks because Knicks "rebuild" was what I was hoping Bulls would be with AKME. They just came in, added good players, didn't even get particularly lucky in the drafts. But they added players that made sense together, and added a tough point guard that Thibs always seems to get to play above their heads.

Go thibs.

I'm not sure what the Bulls will do - but Sixers, Bucks, Phoenix, Lakers, and Golden State all getting knocked out early probably helps as it should drive some broader shake-ups. Not saying those teams have great assets - and I have zero faith in the Bulls front office doing anything creative (or useful).  

At very least a Lavine and some other for a different max player (who isn't really a max player) but maybe has slightly different skillsets is in the franchise(s) future. I say that cause it isn't creative, but is at least slightly different - which feels like the bar for what AK will do.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Harry Chappas said:

I don't watch the NBA all that much but does Doc Rivers have photos of some elite folks in the NBA.  

I like the Bucks and Brewers because my Chicago teams suck so I root for them simply for proximity sake.  

I don't know if any coach was gonna overcome Giannis being out.

27 minutes ago, bmags said:

I don't know if any coach was gonna overcome Giannis being out.

Yeah, I'm not a Rivers fan at all but without Giannis the only teams that Milwaukee would have been favored to beat were Miami minus Butler and New Orleans minus Zion.

21 minutes ago, whitesoxfan99 said:

Yeah, I'm not a Rivers fan at all but without Giannis the only teams that Milwaukee would have been favored to beat were Miami minus Butler and New Orleans minus Zion and the Chicago White Sox.

It's low hanging fruit but I had to.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, SoxAce said:

So if the Bulls would've lost to Atlanta in the play in, they would've gotten the #1 pick eh?

No I don’t think play in game impacted it. Regular season record is what determined seeding. 

17 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/bulls-supposedly-don-t-want-165711194.html

Is this really a thing?

Not trading with LA or helping LeBron's legacy in order to protect MJ as the GOAT?

Sounds just about petty enough from JR to be real.

I read the story. It’s the theory of Eric Pincus of Bleacher Report!  So it must be true! 😳

On 5/26/2024 at 4:20 AM, caulfield12 said:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/bulls-supposedly-don-t-want-165711194.html

Is this really a thing?

Not trading with LA or helping LeBron's legacy in order to protect MJ as the GOAT?

Sounds just about petty enough from JR to be real.

Bulls haven't traded with anyone in 3 years so it's not just the Lakers.

What a worthless article. 

• 2 weeks later...

CBS Sports put out a list ranking all 30 NBA Coaching spots. They judged all 30 positions on:

How stable is ownership, and how involved is it in basketball decisions?

Has ownership proven willing to spend on both players and off-court personnel?

How stable is the front office, and what kind of track record does it have?

How much job security does a typical coach with this team have?

How talented is the roster, today, particularly when it comes to star-level players?

How well-positioned is that roster for long-term success?

The Bulls came in…dead last. 

I mean... what did you expect? The Bulls play in the NBA's third-biggest market and their team-building approach appears to be "win as many games as possible without paying the luxury tax." The team is built around two overpaid perimeter scorers, one of whom is 34 and will inevitably extract and inflated contract out of the Bulls in free agency, the other of whom already got one and can't stay healthy. The Bulls gave away two lottery picks for Nikola Vucevic, who is now on one of the NBA's worst contracts. They owe another pick to the Spurs next year for DeMar DeRozan. They've held Alex Caruso hostage for the duration of his well below-market contract because of their insistence on competing for the Play-In tournament, but that means they'll either have to trade him for less value than they could have gotten in the past or extend him at a number that might be shaky as he reaches his 30s. Coby White is really the only thing to get excited about here, but even though he nearly won Most Improved Player, he didn't even average 20 points per game. Jerry Reinsdorf happened to buy the team that employed a young Michael Jordan. Since he retired in 1998, Chicago is 936-1,121. They've won five playoff series in the past 25 years. There are cheap teams. There are poorly managed teams. The Bulls are the most lethal combination of both that exists in the modern NBA. Job security isn't even a certainty here. Yes, Billy Donovan has lasted four years without making any playoff noise, but Jim Boylen didn't even last two full seasons. Tom Thibodeau got fired after five seasons in which he never won fewer than 45 games. Vinny Del Negro only got two seasons. There's nothing to latch onto here. The Bulls are a bad organization and exactly the sort of job any serious coaching candidate should avoid.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/ranking-all-30-nba-head-coaching-jobs-right-now-why-lakers-are-near-bottom-and-dan-hurley-was-right-to-say-no/amp/

• Fire 1