Rumor: White Sox made offer for Max Kepler

Balta1701

39 minutes ago, Vote4Pedro said:

Just find it hilarious why the Twins would want to do anything of significance that might help the Sox heading into an off-season where they just finished 3 games behind them. Maybe a deal with them at the deadline might be realistic but nothing is going to happen with them unless the Sox are overpaying drastically 

Unfortunately plot holes happen when you quickly race to steal someone else’s rumor without thinking it through properly

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Unfortunately plot holes happen when you quickly race to steal someone else’s rumor without thinking it through properly

Yeah I’ve seemed to have struck a nerve with him on twitter for calling him out on his bs that’s led to him trying to attack me for my lack of twitter followers 🤣

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1

2 minutes ago, Vote4Pedro said:

Yeah I’ve seemed to have struck a nerve with him on twitter for calling him out on his bs that’s led to him trying to attack me for my lack of twitter followers 🤣

Yeah the Twitter followers thing is the 2022 version of the attendance argument.  Just because things are popular doesn't mean they are good, unless you think BTS is the best band in the world. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, SoCalChiSox said:

If it's Kepler plus a SP (hopefully LHP) then ReyLo++ is likely going to MIN.

It also means Giolito is about to be moved soon thereafter. 

I'm not sure why the Twins would want a reliever when they have Duran and Jorge Lopez at the back end. 

2 minutes ago, chw42 said:

I'm not sure why the Twins would want a reliever when they have Duran and Jorge Lopez at the back end. 

The Twins were 20-28 in 1 run games and 5-10 in extra innings. They produced 2.5 WAR from their bullpen, less than half that of the White Sox. I know those guys are young and will help, but they sure look like they could benefit from bullpen help.

33 minutes ago, Vote4Pedro said:

Let’s be honest, anyone who would pretend to be a White Sox insider to gain a “following” on social media is a massive fucking loser.  The sad part is how many people buy into his bullshit.

• Thanks 3
  • Fire 1
  • TLR 1

2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

The Twins were 20-28 in 1 run games and 5-10 in extra innings. They produced 2.5 WAR from their bullpen, less than half that of the White Sox. I know those guys are young and will help, but they sure look like they could benefit from bullpen help.

How much of that was Emilio Pagan sucking?

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Let’s be honest, anyone who would pretend to be a White Sox insider to gain a “following” on social media is a massive fucking loser.  The sad part is how many people buy into his bullshit.

Oh you done it now. Orlando is gonna find your Twitter account and flame you for your lack of followers. 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Orlando (Bartolo’s Colonoscopy) already banned me on Twitter and I had never even tweeted at him.  These fake insiders have real thin skin apparently…lol.

Yeah and apparently we (or at least myself ) are the ones with nothing better to do with our lives 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Yeah the Twitter followers thing is the 2022 version of the attendance argument.  Just because things are popular doesn't mean they are good, unless you think BTS is the best band in the world. 

If you aren’t influencering, are you even living?? /sarcasm 

• Fire 1

59 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I don’t think - I know. Those are the facts Jack :) 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, SoCalChiSox said:

If it's Kepler plus a SP (hopefully LHP) then ReyLo++ is likely going to MIN.

It also means Giolito is about to be moved soon thereafter. 

I don't think Reylo is going anywhere, his role is too valuable for what the Sox need right now (talented guy who stays healthy in a spot start/long reliever role, due to having question marks in the rotation and pen)

plus I doubt he brings back anything of value (could be wrong)

Giolito's fWAR was 1.8 in '22...down from > 5 in '19. He's just a different pitcher since changing to his short arm delivery. I don't know why he changed (maybe he's convinced it will preserve his arm health?) but I don't see him returning to 2019 form. I believe there is a greater chance he continues to regress. I also believe there are teams willing to take a chance on him and, given his California roots, the Dodgers and or Padres might pony up. I'd sure rather test his market now than risk his value continues to decline.