TA likes ominous tweet: The trade Anderson thread

43 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Walter Payton had the best philosophy after scoring a touchdown, hand the ball to the ref...act like you've been there before.

I don't mind players doing that. I just enjoy seeing more outward joy and animation on the field, rather than the stoic and soldier-like approach.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tnetennba said:

Hmmm, what could it possibly be?🤔

Tim throwing (the slightest bit of) shade online because Trea Turner got paid and fans rolling their eyes has nothing to do with 🤔.  No player in recent memory has been beloved more per WAR than Anderson.  Maybe Palka but that was mostly just weird sox internet. 

36 minutes ago, FourEyesShottenhoffer said:

I’m not sure what you mean. Flood signed with Washington and then retired a month into the season

Cause obviously, he faced no backlash...wait a minute.

After the Supreme Court decision, he was bombarded with hate mail from fans who accused him of trying to destroy baseball; his teammate Bob Gibson estimated "He got four or five death threats a day."

• Like 1

With the money being spent on SS in free agency, I do not see any way that the White Sox will sign TA after his deal is done so I understand talking about trading him if the return is good.  However, who would we replace him with this season?  This team is supposed to be trying to compete.  Montgomery should be the future but that is what, 2 seasons away?  Elvis was great for us last year but signing him and expecting him to repeat that seems to be foolhardy.  Sure, listen to offers for everyone including Anderson but you better not pull off that trade unless you are getting back a nice haul imo.  Tim has been the straw that stirs the drink of this offense.  Look at what he did in that 2020 playoff series against Oakland.  He did his job getting on base at a tremendous clip but the run producers did not do the job getting him in.  We will miss him when he is gone.

9 minutes ago, wegner said:

With the money being spent on SS in free agency, I do not see any way that the White Sox will sign TA after his deal is done so I understand talking about trading him if the return is good.  However, who would we replace him with this season?  This team is supposed to be trying to compete.  Montgomery should be the future but that is what, 2 seasons away?  Elvis was great for us last year but signing him and expecting him to repeat that seems to be foolhardy.  Sure, listen to offers for everyone including Anderson but you better not pull off that trade unless you are getting back a nice haul imo.  Tim has been the straw that stirs the drink of this offense.  Look at what he did in that 2020 playoff series against Oakland.  He did his job getting on base at a tremendous clip but the run producers did not do the job getting him in.  We will miss him when he is gone.

I believe the plan is to keep him for the two years of team control at a bargain basement price and then let him go when he hits free agency and bring up Colton Montgomery. Their not trading TA anytime soon, maybe in 2024 at the trade deadline if they were smart, instead of letting him walk.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

I believe the plan is to keep him for the two years of team control at a bargain basement price and then let him go when he hits free agency and bring up Colton Montgomery. Their not trading TA anytime soon, maybe in 2024 at the trade deadline if they were smart, instead of letting him walk.

I don't think they're going to move Anderson yet, that would be an unavoidable admission that they are rebuilding. They can't frame that move any other way and be believable, even "we brought Andrus back" doesn't come off as convincing.

You can certainly imagine a scenario where Montgomery is ready enough by next offseason that they feel more willing to make such a move then. 

15 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I don't think they're going to move Anderson yet, that would be an unavoidable admission that they are rebuilding. They can't frame that move any other way and be believable, even "we brought Andrus back" doesn't come off as convincing.

You can certainly imagine a scenario where Montgomery is ready enough by next offseason that they feel more willing to make such a move then. 

Any player is movable at any time for the right price.

• Like 1