TA likes ominous tweet: The trade Anderson thread

3 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Personally, I don't really like Liam celebrating every save like it's the World Series. Maybe in the moment it feels fine, but if I were a neutral and not excited that the Sox just won, it would feel cringey as hell.  I get why he does it, but I can see how people can find it annoying. It's one of those things where you're fine with it cause he's on your team, but if he wasn't, you'd be annoyed. 

Oldsox mentioned that old people don't like rehearsed celebrations. Liam's is about as rehearsed as there is cause he does it after EVERY save. TA did his bat slam celebration like twice. 

You're fully correct. And yet somehow we went an entire thread about trading Liam without anyone bringing it up, but we didn't do that with Anderson. Fascinating. 

• Like 3

On 12/12/2022 at 4:44 PM, The Grinder said:

I like Tim but if the deal nets a good return Im fine w that. His bat flips, harmless as they are, are annoying IMO

I don't remember much these days, but I sure remember that bat flip against the Royals . it got my blood going . also, i'm a big Tim Anderson fan, and sure hope that he stays.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

You're fully correct. And yet somehow we went an entire thread about trading Liam without anyone bringing it up, but we didn't do that with Anderson. Fascinating. 

Last I heard Liam, didn't have rumors going around about infidelity and club house issues either

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, joejoesox said:

Last I heard Liam, didn't have rumors going around about infidelity and club house issues either

While I'm not condoning it, if we're really gonna start making big deals about players cheating on spouses and what not, it's probably time to start clearing out some clubhouses.

• Thanks 2

51 minutes ago, oldsox said:

Your double negatives aside, racism is not the reasonAgism would be closer to the truth.  Old guys often don't like the forced and possibly rehearsed celebrations.  That's all.  Skin color not particularly relevant, IMO.  Maybe it's your prism that is fucked up.  

Incorrect, incorrect, and incorrect.

Edited by Tnetennba
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

37 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Liam isn’t throwing equipment during his post game celebrations. Throwing equipment during a game is supposed to be an automatic ejection

• Haha 2
  • Hawk 1

50 minutes ago, Quin said:

While I'm not condoning it, if we're really gonna start making big deals about players cheating on spouses and what not, it's probably time to start clearing out some clubhouses.

That's fair. Most of them don't get blasted on social media though. That and the fact that his play seemed to be effected by it made it more relevant to fans. In conjunction with this he lost me when he flipped off fans in Cleveland. That coupled with his seemingly apathetic approach this past season is what turned me off. The bat flipping is what it is. Like or not it's part of the game now. People not to stop with the race crap. He's done enough dumb garbage for some fans to be turned off by his character. 

11 minutes ago, TheBooneLoganEra said:

That's fair. Most of them don't get blasted on social media though. That and the fact that his play seemed to be effected by it made it more relevant to fans. In conjunction with this he lost me when he flipped off fans in Cleveland. That coupled with his seemingly apathetic approach this past season is what turned me off. The bat flipping is what it is. Like or not it's part of the game now. People not to stop with the race crap. He's done enough dumb garbage for some fans to be turned off by his character. 

So he is a combination of too excited, and not excited enough, all at the same time.

1 hour ago, oldsox said:

Your double negatives aside, racism is not the reason.  Agism would be closer to the truth.  Old guys often don't like the forced and possibly rehearsed celebrations.  That's all.  Skin color not particularly relevant, IMO.  Maybe it's your prism that is fucked up.  

Nothing about this post explains why TA gets hate while there is complete silence on Lance and Liam. Please explain because Lance and Liam celebrate more and arguably more demonstratively. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

22 minutes ago, TheBooneLoganEra said:

Bat flips are fun. Baseball needs more excitement. 

I agree with you about TA flipping off the fans in Cleveland though. That was uncalled for and unprofessional. You are getting paid millions of dollars to play a kids game. Just tune the fans out and be a professional. 

7 minutes ago, flavum said:

I hope Tim stays the next two seasons, plays 310 games, and gets 400+ hits, because he’s that good. And then he’ll get a nice contract from somebody.

I am a TA stan.  I love what he has made himself with where he came from and what he has dealt with in his life.  He's everything we wanted from our farm system, and he plays the game with some flare.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

So he is a combination of too excited, and not excited enough, all at the same time.

If there was bat flipping last year there wouldn't be an issue.  The bat flipping, entrance music for relievers, which is akin to bat flipping to me and all of that is now part of the game.  To be opposed to it is just yelling at the clouds.

Anderson's off field issues seems to have a major impact on his play.  I am not certain how/if this carries into the clubhouse but this would be the second time personal issues appeared to result in a decreased level of play.

There should be discussions about moving him out of the leadoff spot and SS as neither suit his style of play but the White Sox seem to view this is not a possibility.  Currently without a SS option the shortstop point moot.  He bogs down the lineup with low OBP.  

The SS market is red hot right now and he could net the most.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I am a TA stan.  I love what he has made himself with where he came from and what he has dealt with in his life.  He's everything we wanted from our farm system, and he plays the game with some flare.

Everything about him is what the White Sox and MLB need.  My issue though is needs to continue to work on the baseball side of things and that seems to have stagnated and in a couple of cases began to regress. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

If there was bat flipping last year there wouldn't be an issue.  The bat flipping, entrance music for relievers, which is akin to bat flipping to me and all of that is now part of the game.  To be opposed to it is just yelling at the clouds.

Anderson's off field issues seems to have a major impact on his play.  I am not certain how/if this carries into the clubhouse but this would be the second time personal issues appeared to result in a decreased level of play.

There should be discussions about moving him out of the leadoff spot and SS as neither suit his style of play but the White Sox seem to view this is not a possibility.  Currently without a SS option the shortstop point moot.  He bogs down the lineup with low OBP.  

The SS market is red hot right now and he could net the most.

His best friend was murdered.  I am not surprised that affected him, and sure am not going to hold it against him.  He was also injured for a good portion of last year and tried playing through it, which could well be what the actual problem was last year.

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

His best friend was murdered.  I am not surprised that affected him, and sure am not going to hold it against him.  He was also injured for a good portion of last year and tried playing through it, which could well be what the actual problem was last year.

Anderson tried to play through being hurt? That one I don’t recall as much, what injury was that?

33 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Like I said excessive celebration is part of the game now like it or not. And I think in cases like bat flips it has less to do with excitement than it does arrogance. It's why I loved Frank Thomas compared to Sammy Sosa. One hopped around like a fool, the other put his head down and circled the bases. Whoever said the opinions here are more related to the age of the fan was on track. It's part of the game now so I can tolerate it and not be a huge fan of it. It's really the least of my problems with TA.

Edited by TheBooneLoganEra

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

On the injury front, he hasn't played more than 123 games in a season since 2018.  In 2020 he missed 11 of 60 games so he may have played more in a longer season but who knows.  There are a few issues here that make me question why he continues to be penciled in at leadoff and SS without hesitation by this organization.

55 minutes ago, TheBooneLoganEra said:

Tim is a bit on the edge. Have to back it up on the field and save it for home games mostly.

11 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

On the injury front, he hasn't played more than 123 games in a season since 2018.  In 2020 he missed 11 of 60 games so he may have played more in a longer season but who knows.  There are a few issues here that make me question why he continues to be penciled in at leadoff and SS without hesitation by this organization.

Injuries are defintely a concern for TA.  He's going to need to improve on that as well as his obp if he expects to get paid like Turner, Boegarts, and Correa just did. 

11 minutes ago, TheBooneLoganEra said:

Like I said excessive celebration is part of the game now like it or not. And I think in cases like bat flips it has less to do with excitement than it does arrogance. It's why I loved Frank Thomas compared to Sammy Sosa. One hopped around like a fool, the other put his head down and circled the bases. Whoever said the opinions here are more related to the age of the fan was on track. It's part of the game now so I can tolerate it and not be a huge fan of it. It's really the least of my problems with TA.

Translation:  I really hate bat flips a lot

• Fire 1