TA likes ominous tweet: The trade Anderson thread

On 12/10/2022 at 8:05 AM, bmags said:

Was yoan moncada or Eloy Jimenez f***ed in incredibly team friendly deals? Hard to even say Robert was.

Yeah, Moncada has already been guaranteed $100M Between his signing bonus and his extension so you can hardly say he's been screwed. If he bounces back and has 3 great years he'd hit the market again at 30. 

Everyone was so sure he'd bet on himself because he already had the $31.5M signing bonus but being a centimillionaire with the possibility to add more by age 24 is pretty appealing. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

If the Dodgers are thin in the middle infield the Sox have Lenyn Sosa and Jose Rodriguez who are redundant to the Sox as infielders . If one of them can snag you Outman....

Dodgers still need to beef up their OF core though somehow and if they trade for one ,some of those Dodger prospects are going to be moved.

I wonder if the Dodgers might be interested in Ian Happ. Even though the Cubs are building they still might recognize the need to move Happ rather than risk keeping him and getting nothing for him. Outman could be traded to the Cubs rather than taking another prospect for him. Cubs could be interested in Cartaya and make it a bigger trade.

According to MLBTR the Dodgers did have some interest in Happ at the deadline last year.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

28 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

If the Dodgers are thin in the middle infield the Sox have Lenyn Sosa and Jose Rodriguez who are redundant to the Sox as infielders . If one of them can snag you Outman....

Dodgers still need to beef up their OF core though somehow and if they trade for one ,some of those Dodger prospects are going to be moved.

I wonder if the Dodgers might be interested in Ian Happ. Even though the Cubs are building they still might recognize the need to move Happ rather than risk keeping him and getting nothing for him. Outman could be traded to the Cubs rather than taking another prospect for him. Cubs could be interested in Cartaya and make it a bigger trade.

According to MLBTR the Dodgers did have some interest in Happ at the deadline last year.

I'm not sure that this is true.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I'm not sure that this is true.

They are a year apart in age so Sosa would be considered more MLB ready but Rodriguez probably not that far behind him. Both RH, both about the same size, both primarily SS's so far in the minors but both have played 2nd base and some 3rd too. Internally they might be valued slightly differently, maybe one of them is viewed as a better fielder or better SS, Sosa more power ATM but that could be the difference between being 21 or 22 and having 1 more year of development. But a casual observation yields a lot of similarities.

Who knows you keep them both and they could end of your keystone combination.

But I do see that Montgomery's name is mentioned more often as a replacement for TA than either Sosa or Rodriguez. Whether that's due to hype or reality I don't know. It could be true if both Sosa and Rodriguez are  both viewed as future 2nd basemen more than SS.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

10 hours ago, The Grinder said:

Let him keep flipping bats its still annoying, IMO

Same here.  Unnecessary, too.  Routine bat flipping makes as much sense as a pitcher doing a series of back flips whenever he strikes out a hitter.

• Thanks 1
  • TLR 1

TA did like two bat flips three years ago. 

Not sure why he’s always referenced in the discussion of excessive or disrespectful bat flipping.

Even when he hit the Field of Dreams walk-off on his biggest stage, he didn’t bat flip. He just did that thing where he ran around the bases flapping his hands by his neck.  

Anyways, most people enjoy watching players who enjoy playing the game. Let’s also not forget the children. I don’t have much of a chance with my five year becoming a White Sox fan or even a baseball fan without players who are fun and exciting to watch. We all know we can’t just rely on winning over here. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

I think it’s fine if you don’t like bat flips. I don’t like sotos batting stance stuff.

As long as we aren’t advising throwing a 95 mph baseball at someone over something that annoys us, to each their own.

but to me that one series where the blue jays kept hitting monster shots and having insane wrestler-like celebrations was the height of baseball and hilarious.

• Like 2

If TA is still on the Sox this season, which seems likely, I'd like to see more swagger.  He seemed more subdued this past season.  Probably partly due to his performance being down and partly due to his purported off field issues.

Tim needs to be a dangerous player that annoys the hell out of the opponents.  He's at his best for himself and the team when he's performing well and letting the other team know he's performing well.

All that being said, his value has to be pretty damn high right now with the contracts being given out for shortstops.  Once Swanson signs, I imagine there will be teams calling up and inquiring about his availability.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Liam acts like a clown after every single save, yet not a single thread on that. What is the difference?

Lance Lynn too. Imagine if TA grabbed his nuts and threw around a few obscenities after a hr? This board would want him in jail.

Im here for all the fun, personality, and passion players want to bring to the field. But the double standard is indeed crazy and it’s hard not to assume the reason isn’t obvious. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

Lance Lynn too. Imagine if TA grabbed his nuts and threw around a few obscenities after a hr? This board would want him in jail.

Im here for all the fun, personality, and passion players want to bring to the field. But the double standard is indeed crazy and it’s hard not to assume the reason isn’t obvious. 

It's cause he's a shortstop isn't it?

We famously only have stoic shortstops on the Southside.

47 minutes ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

And by this board you do mean a certain contingent.  Plenty of us celebrate TA for being fun. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

Lynn is a better example.  He shows up batters after meaningless strike outs in the first inning.  No threads yet.  Again, where is the difference?

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Your double negatives aside, racism is not the reason.  Agism would be closer to the truth.  Old guys often don't like the forced and possibly rehearsed celebrations.  That's all.  Skin color not particularly relevant, IMO.  Maybe it's your prism that is fucked up.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, oldsox said:

Your double negatives aside, racism is not the reason.  Agism would be closer to the truth.  Old guys often don't like the forced and possibly rehearsed celebrations.  That's all.  Skin color not particularly relevant, IMO.  Maybe it's your prism that is fucked up.  

There's an entire thread about Hendriks being on the trade market. Where in there did you complain about his excessive celebrations? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

There's an entire thread about Hendriks being on the trade market. Where in there did you complain about his excessive celebrations? 

Personally, I don't really like Liam celebrating every save like it's the World Series. Maybe in the moment it feels fine, but if I were a neutral and not excited that the Sox just won, it would feel cringey as hell.  I get why he does it, but I can see how people can find it annoying. It's one of those things where you're fine with it cause he's on your team, but if he wasn't, you'd be annoyed. 

Oldsox mentioned that old people don't like rehearsed celebrations. Liam's is about as rehearsed as there is cause he does it after EVERY save. TA did his bat slam celebration like twice.