Carlos Correa is a Twin - 6 yrs $200M

Sleepy Harold

13 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

They're all crooks. You don't become a Billionaire without being a crook. 

Elon's been continuously saying Teslas will drive themselves and be robo-taxis "next year" for years knowing that FSD was only going to maybe achieve high level 2 autonomous driving, meaning there's gotta be someone in the car while FSD operates. Not to mention they're charging $15k for it now and the beta isn't fully public. Not spending $10k on FSD was the best decision I made regarding my Tesla purchase. Elon's basically an owner who says they will sign the next big FA, fail at it, and then say the same thing year after year, only to end up not signing the big money guys. 

Edited by chw42
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Short deal vs multiple hundreds of millions over a decade?

That's fair, but I did some reading on this and it seems like he might have re-aggravated the old injury late in the season against KC. He had a metal plate inserted back in 2014 and the plate started vibrating during one of the KC games after he slid into 2nd weird. 

3 hours ago, NCsoxfan said:

Unless you develop and commercialize two completely different technologies which both change the world. Most people don’t even realize and understand SpaceX 

PayPal, Tesla, SpaceX, Boring Company (+ flamethrower), Neuralink. 

GOAT!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, ron883 said:

GOAT!

Dude, the last 2 things are basically Vaporware. Neuralink is giving monkeys brain damage and the Boring Company's biggest achievement is a Tesla tunnel in Vegas. Give Elon credit where credit is due for Tesla and SpaceX, but you don't gotta defend him like he's gonna share his billions with you. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, chw42 said:

Dude, the last 2 things are basically Vaporware. Neuralink is giving monkeys brain damage and the Boring Company's biggest achievement is a Tesla tunnel in Vegas. Give Elon credit where credit is due for Tesla and SpaceX, but you don't gotta defend him like he's gonna share his billions with you. 

Rome wasn't built in a day bro. Give the man some time. 

Also, no credit for PayPal? Smh

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Rome wasn't built in a day bro. Give the man some time. 

Also, no credit for PayPal? Smh

It's fine to wait for things to develop, but when you peddle that your cars are gonna be robo-taxis next year and that you'll be on Mars in 10 and none of that has come close to happening, you don't get the benefit of the doubt. 

Also, he got fired from PayPal before they got big. He got rich from it because he got to keep his equity, but PayPal flourished without him. 

Edited by chw42
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, greg775 said:

Going straight by "odds" and "analytics" all these signings are crazy. 12 years? Anything can happen in 12 years but one this is for sure, a lot of money will be wasted on this deal and all deals like this deal. It's insane but I guess TV contracts and 30 dollar beers and 200 dollar parking will easily pay for it. How can teams afford to throw away money like this?

I’m pretty sure I agree with this. Yep. I read it again a few times, and I also don’t understand how these contracts are sustainable.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, greg775 said:

Going straight by "odds" and "analytics" all these signings are crazy. 12 years? Anything can happen in 12 years but one this is for sure, a lot of money will be wasted on this deal and all deals like this deal. It's insane but I guess TV contracts and 30 dollar beers and 200 dollar parking will easily pay for it. How can teams afford to throw away money like this?

I'm so glad we have an owner that doesn't sign guys to these crazy contracts and has to charge a lot for beer and parking. Keep everything cheap for the fans. :rolleyes:

11 hours ago, ron883 said:

GOAT!

I haven't really followed SpaceX but it seems as if they took a NASA contract, research, and technology and did something that NASA and then Russians have been doing for decades while being lauded as geniuses. 

• Like 2

On 12/25/2022 at 9:49 AM, Texsox said:

I haven't really followed SpaceX but it seems as if they took a NASA contract, research, and technology and did something that NASA and then Russians have been doing for decades while being lauded as geniuses. 

That's all you need to say.

• Like 2

Just now, wegner said:

Is he going to end up with a 1 year prove he's healthy contract???

He pretty much did that last year.  It appears this is a lingering injury that will just always be there?  I don't think another short term deal benefits him at all since this appears to not be going away.

4 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

He pretty much did that last year.  It appears this is a lingering injury that will just always be there?  I don't think another short term deal benefits him at all since this appears to not be going away.

You've got to kinda feel for Scott Boras with these deals continuously falling through....damn doctors!!!

• southsider2k5 changed the title to Correa to...ah hell, who knows