Carlos Correa is a Twin - 6 yrs $200M

Sleepy Harold

4 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Funny thing is that Mets rotation is far from great, and scherzer and Verlander taking big steps back at their age wouldn't be surprising at all.

exactly.

Thats why I don't think they'd throw away projects for savings, they may very well need them in season to acquire.

1 hour ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Makes no sense that the best defensive ss in the game is moving to 3rd base. That zaps a decent amount of correa value. 

This Mets team is going to be a disaster imo.

It worked on the other side of town a decade ago

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Cohen is worth $17 billion. I was reading up on him. If he loses $200 million a year the next 10 years, it doesn't matter to him. If JR risks losing $100k, he freaks out.

he's also doing this in a year he's probably lost a pretty big chunk of his worth.

There is probably no more fun way to spend money. He figured that out.

• Like 2

Scherzer has an opt out for 2024 and so does Verlander... (or they could both retire after this season, who knows) so this is all in for the Mets in 2023. That's why I can see them asking about Hendriks again as well as other guys. They want a championship. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Funny thing is that Mets rotation is far from great, and scherzer and Verlander taking big steps back at their age wouldn't be surprising at all.

They are banking a ton on 38 and 39 year old SP's. Sounds crazy coming from a Sox fan, but if I'm a Mets fan I would have much rather them sign Rodon and another good bat than go all in on Correra 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Tony said:

They are banking a ton on 38 and 39 year old SP's. Sounds crazy coming from a Sox fan, but if I'm a Mets fan I would have much rather them sign Rodon and another good bat than go all in on Correra 

Scherzer was also pretty awful at the end of last season. I know he had an injury, but that's usually what happens to guys nearing 40...they get hurt more often. 

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

It worked on the other side of town a decade ago

Not sure I'd say it worked. Correa is nowhere near the offensive player a rod was and the Yankees were worse defensively because of it. A lot of Correa's value is tied to the fact that he's the best defensive SS in baseball. Moving him off that position brings down his ceiling big time.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

Cohen is worth $17 billion. I was reading up on him. If he loses $200 million a year the next 10 years, it doesn't matter to him. If JR risks losing $100k, he freaks out.

WHen you've stolen your fortune, it might be easier to lose some of it. Cohen as big of a crook as anyone who has ever worked on Wall Street.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

WHen you've stolen your fortune, it might be easier to lose some of it. Cohen as big of a crook as anyone who has ever worked on Wall Street.

The real winner in this is Paul Giamatti, who's gonna get the weirdest sequel to a TV series ever.

• Haha 1

Just now, SoxAce said:

I'm sure their 2009 championship would say otherwise. 

So you're saying the Yankees don't win a title if A-Rod is at short and Jeter at 2nd or 3rd? Trying to figure out what you're debating.

A-Rod was the best offensive player in baseball arguably. Correa is no where near that.

• southsider2k5 changed the title to Correa to...ah hell, who knows