2023-24 NFL Season Thread

3 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

I havenā€™t seen this reported anywhere (yet).Ā 

I checked McNeil's twitter and it's there. I'm not sure if he still has sources anymore, but if I were Harbaugh and picking between the Chargers or Falcons, I'd pick the Chargers too just based on the roster situation. One team has a QB and one doesn't.Ā 

8 hours ago, chw42 said:

I checked McNeil's twitter and it's there. I'm not sure if he still has sources anymore, but if I were Harbaugh and picking between the Chargers or Falcons, I'd pick the Chargers too just based on the roster situation. One team has a QB and one doesn't.Ā 

Heh, well falcons roster is pretty good outside QBā€¦and he could pick a certain boy he knows

12 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Kingsbury interviewed for Bears OC today, because the only that fails up better than him is McDanielsĀ 

If it means they are good moving on from Fields, I'm OK with itĀ 

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

Kingsbury interviewed for Bears OC today, because the only that fails up better than him is McDanielsĀ 

Not a fan of his system. I'm surprised Eberflus would be.Ā 

I will zag. He didn't deserve to be a head coach. The cardinals also had the worst GM ever over that guy. He just spent a year under one of the most innovative offensive minds in the sport, who NFl coaches flock to every offseason.

He might explain how he can bring that experience into the nfl where he can focus only on offense. I think it's worth a listen.

Ā 

26 minutes ago, bmags said:

I will zag. He didn't deserve to be a head coach. The cardinals also had the worst GM ever over that guy. He just spent a year under one of the most innovative offensive minds in the sport, who NFl coaches flock to every offseason.

He might explain how he can bring that experience into the nfl where he can focus only on offense. I think it's worth a listen.

Ā 

It's also a way to have an interview about Caleb under the guise of a possible job interview.Ā 

2 hours ago, Tony said:

If it means they are good moving on from Fields, I'm OK with itĀ 

Can I ask why Kingsbury would be a definite sign that the Bears are moving away from Fields?Ā 

If the Bears do draft Caleb Williams, I hope they take their time in developing him, expecting him to play like Stroud in his first year is not the norm for rookie QBs, and IMO they can ruin him if he's not ready. I have my reservations about Williams, didn't see a lot of his games but I did see him vs Norte Dame and he honestly looked lost so that probably taints my view of him. Some of you guys who watch college football, can you explain why he is touted as generational?Ā 

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

21 minutes ago, MexSoxFan#1 said:

Can I ask why Kingsbury would be a definite sign that the Bears are moving away from Fields?Ā 

If the Bears do draft Caleb Williams, I hope they take their time in developing him, expecting him to play like Stroud in his first year is not the norm for rookie QBs, and IMO they can ruin him if he's not ready. I have my reservations about Williams, didn't see a lot of his games but I did see him vs Norte Dame and he honestly looked lost so that probably taints my view of him. Some of you guys who watch college football, can you explain why he is touted as generational?Ā 

kliff-kingsbury-caleb-williams.jpg

• Haha 3

You apparently didn't watch any of Williams' 2021-2022 games, lol.

Well, maybe just Utah twice the previous season.

He has had that #1 draft pick since high school in MD and can do anything on the field physically.

Ā 

What happened at USC is not unlike the Eagles Jaguars or Dolphins collapsing down the stretch...everything snowballed and multiple factors were at play beyond the QB.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

You apparently didn't watch any of Williams' 2021-2022 games, lol.

Well, maybe just Utah twice the previous season.

He has had that #1 draft pick since high school in MD and can do anything on the field physically.

Ā 

What happened at USC is not unlike the Eagles Jaguars or Dolphins collapsing down the stretch...everything snowballed and multiple factors were at play beyond the QB.

I admittedly do not watch college football that much save for a few games a year though I do try to keep up with the hot collegiate prospects and I've heard a ton about Williams being special, like Williams Kobe to Mahomes MJ. As a Bears fan, that would be great, easily the best Bears QB of our lifetime but that ain't saying much lol...or could it be that the Bears want the rest of the league to believe they're picking Williams so if the teams a couple spots down really want the Bears #1 pick, they would have to offer an insane haul? Or am I over thinking this since I really really want MHJr over any other prospect?Ā 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MexSoxFan#1 said:

I admittedly do not watch college football that much save for a few games a year though I do try to keep up with the hot collegiate prospects and I've heard a ton about Williams being special, like Williams Kobe to Mahomes MJ. As a Bears fan, that would be great, easily the best Bears QB of our lifetime but that ain't saying much lol...or could it be that the Bears want the rest of the league to believe they're picking Williams so if the teams a couple spots down really want the Bears #1 pick, they would have to offer an insane haul? Or am I over thinking this since I really really want MHJr over any other prospect?Ā 

I doubt the Bears have decided what they're doing with the pick yet because they probably know that a truly insane offer is possible but not guaranteed. They would be smart to keep their options open, it's the obvious choice.

If they're meeting with a guy like this, they're probably talking about both situations, asking for a guy's evaluation of both Fields and Williams.

• Like 1

I am kind of excited by the OC process so far. Really Olsen and Roman (if you draft a new qb) are the only two candidates I donā€™t want as OC. But I am good with Olsen / Roman as qb coach and run game coordinator.Ā 
Ā 

I ripped Kingsbury as HC forever but the concept and idea of him as an OC is really growing on me. And if nothing else / they should get some good intel on Caleb, but more importantly he has done a lot of innovative things on offense, has tons of experience calling plays, has had at least some success creating successful nfl offenses (yes he also was HC for some epic Eagle like end of season collapses).Ā 
Ā 

He also just spent a year with an offensive guru in Lincoln Riley.Ā 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

I am kind of excited by the OC process so far. Really Olsen and Roman (if you draft a new qb) are the only two candidates I donā€™t want as OC. But I am good with Olsen / Roman as qb coach and run game coordinator.Ā 
Ā 

I ripped Kingsbury as HC forever but the concept and idea of him as an OC is really growing on me. And if nothing else / they should get some good intel on Caleb, but more importantly he has done a lot of innovative things on offense, has tons of experience calling plays, has had at least some success creating successful nfl offenses (yes he also was HC for some epic Eagle like end of season collapses).Ā 
Ā 

He also just spent a year with an offensive guru in Lincoln Riley.Ā 

I like Greg Olson, personally, he's had a really interesting last few stops.

But there are a few others I don't like: Marcus Brady and Thomas Brown. The offense got worse when Brown took over again, so I just don't see how we could justify it. Same with Brady.

And yeah, no thanks to Roman.Ā 

Still surprised we've not re-contacted Pep Hamilton but maybe he doesn't want to get passed over twice here.

so there have been a number of mock drafts coming out now, this latest from Daniel Jeremiah, who continue to see the top three receivers go 4, 5, 6.Ā 

The most interesting thing from daniel jeremiah's latest is Ola Fashanu is OT3!

https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah-2024-nfl-mock-draft-1-0

It has jared verse go 9 to the bears, which, I just guarantee will not happen.