2023-24 NFL Season Thread

3 minutes ago, Tony said:

Yes, you gotta think the draft is kind of set now.

Bears - QB

Washington- QB

Pats - QB

Cards - WR

Chargers - WR

Giants - WR

Giants could still take JJ. 

14 minutes ago, Tony said:

I'd bet good money they trade back at 9

It seems like it - I also think Keenan and Moore are good guys to have around a young wideout, whenever they draft one. 

My optimistic hope is this means they have better offers on table for Fields than any of us think. I do think the Howell trade set the floor for Justin. 

16 minutes ago, Tony said:

Yes, you gotta think the draft is kind of set now.

Bears - QB

Washington- QB

Pats - QB

Cards - WR

Chargers - WR

Giants - WR

Watch - 3D chess. Alt somehow makes it past Titans and Falcons now and Bears grab him at 9. 

6 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Watch - 3D chess. Alt somehow makes it past Titans and Falcons now and Bears grab him at 9. 

I’d love for the Titans to be the one’s trading down out of the Top 10. They’re consistently linked to him. 

12 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

I think Bears want Dallas Turner.. and this trade certainly helps with that.

Atlanta does too, I bet

Bears can trade down and get Chop Robinson or Verse and get a 2nd rounder to draft a guy like McConkey. 

4 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Atlanta does too, I bet

Bears can trade down and get Chop Robinson or Verse and get a 2nd rounder to draft a guy like McConkey. 

I like Chop but he'll likely be available in the second round maybe even the third. Now Verse would be interesting. 

15 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Atlanta does too, I bet

This isn’t a bad option if they choose to go that route. 

7 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

For a 4th round pick, okay, but Allen is only under contract for 2024.

I wonder if they intend to do a short term extension with him to free up some cap space and buy one extra year. That said if you don’t he will sign and you will get a comp pick down road. 

2 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

I wonder if they intend to do a short term extension with him to free up some cap space and buy one extra year. That said if you don’t he will sign and you will get a comp pick down road. 

He’s still awesome but he’s turning 32 in April.  It would have to be a short-term deal for sure.  Otherwise, I don’t see much of the point in this deal.  They must think Caleb is going to bring the Bears to the playoffs in his rookie season.

And Poles is likely trading down with the #9 now, unless one of the two OTs are there at 9.

11 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

He’s still awesome but he’s turning 32 in April.  It would have to be a short-term deal for sure.  Otherwise, I don’t see much of the point in this deal.  They must think Caleb is going to bring the Bears to the playoffs in his rookie season.

And Poles is likely trading down with the #9 now, unless one of the two OTs are there at 9.

They need WR help badly. Surrounding Caleb with a great cast…is a good thing. And as I said yesterday, he’s the No. 1 pick going to a 7 win team that’s young. The playoffs should absolutely be the expectation this year. It’s time to go. 

Just now, Tony said:

They need WR help badly. Surrounding Caleb with a great cast…is a good thing. And as I said yesterday, he’s the No. 1 pick going to a 7 win team that’s young. The playoffs should absolutely be the expectation this year. It’s time to go. 

I would have preferred drafting one of the big three WRs at #9 to grow with Caleb, but I realize there is no guarantee that one of them would be available there.

I am pretty pumped about this. They should do at least a one year extension and restructure - at most 2 years.

Keenan is such a good dude and class and whatever wideout they pick - whether in round 1 or 3rd round will benefit from having him in the lockeroom. 

Bears are also familiar given receiver coach worked with him in SD. 

23 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Ideally you get a very good dlinemen and wideout and than grab a guard with first 3 picks post Caleb. 

My new dream is Bears pick up a 2nd rounder and 3rd rounder for their 4th this year and a 4th next year plus Justin. Trying to mimick a slightly better version of Howell trade. If they do that Bears are in business. I could care less about picks past 3rd or 4th in this draft - it’s a top heavy draft given lack of underclassmen. 

2 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

I am pretty pumped about this. They should do at least a one year extension and restructure - at most 2 years.

Keenan is such a good dude and class and whatever wideout they pick - whether in round 1 or 3rd round will benefit from having him in the lockeroom. 

Bears are also familiar given receiver coach worked with him in SD. 

I am on board with this and hopefully this is what Poles is thinking.

21 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Not entirely accurate as it's the Bears 4th rounder not the Eagles.

We March with pitchforks and torches to Breers house!! I didn’t fact check, I was too excited. 

I’m glad they have been supplementing veteran players with their draft picks and Allen for a 4th round pick is a good trade. Especially since I’ve been reading there is a talent drop off at the bottom of the draft.

If Fields gets dealt and they trade down from number 9, they can still get a healthy amount of draft picks in return. Maybe they end up with Williams at 1, a late first round pick, a second round pick, two third round picks and a fourth round pick in this year’s draft. That is more than enough to fill the remaining holes that they have.

I would love if the Bears were to sign Allen to a short term extension, but I also want to know more about the kind of comp pick they would receive if he departed as well as other free agents next year. Brad Biggs said something about a mid round selection in 2026, I am guessing that could be a third or a fourth, but I don’t know how that is determined. Maybe because the 2025 free agent class has to happen first before the 2026 comp selections are doled out?

Edited by The Beast

Really happy about this. Splits the baby I was worried about where if you sign Mike Williams it could complicate taking the receiver at 9. No such concern with a 1 year deal or with a 32 year old.

And Allen is the perfect safety valve. 

However…this decreases likelihood of getting one of the top 3 receivers. Need pats to want a QB, and LA to trade out.