2023: MLB news not AL Central-related

caulfield12

5 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

As the season is now ending, I missed him this season.  Fully understand moving him but I now realized I missed his desire

He's been horrible. 100% people would think he doesn't care if he was still here and the team would be even worse than they are now.

• Like 1

So Tim Wakefield was diagnosed with brain cancer. Just awful. And how did that news come out? Curt Schilling,the biggest piece of s%*# ever, revealed it on a podcast. "Not sure if Tim wants me sharing this, but I will anyway" Fucking piece of s%*#. 

Jason Varitek's wife absolutely ripped him as she should. 

• Like 1

Just now, SoxAce said:

So Tim Wakefield was diagnosed with brain cancer. Just awful. And how did that news come out? Curt Schilling,the biggest piece of s%*# ever, revealed it on a podcast. "Not sure if Tim wants me sharing this, but I will anyway" Fucking piece of s%*#. 

When you google Curt Schilling he now pops up as "American commenter" instead of pitcher.

20 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Sadly sounds like Wakefield’s wife is dying also

2 hours ago, Harry Chappas said:

Yet Pedro will remain.  What a disgraceful operation.

Seriously. The Giants' roster seemed like they'd be lucky to win 80 games coming into the year and yet that's pretty much where they are. Even the most pessimistic projection systems had the Sox at 75 wins and we're gonna end up losing 100 games. 

Edited by chw42

On 10/5/2023 at 3:57 PM, Balta1701 said:

In conjunction with a MLB investigation into their manipulation of the IL List / Process.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2023/10/mlb-investigating-mets-on-allegations-of-improper-injured-list-usage.html

These kinds of “phantom IL” transactions have existed within the game for decades.  A team might send a struggling player to the injured list with a harder-to-define issue like arm soreness or a bad back, when in reality the player is just getting a mental and physical break to reset.  Every club in baseball has made such a move at some point, and in some cases, players have openly admitted that they aren’t actually hurt.

While this practice is technically illegal, it is also relatively widespread enough that it is rare to see MLB launch an official investigation into improper IL usage.  That might suggest that the Mets’ alleged violation is particularly egregious, or (speculatively) that the league might have given the club an initial warning, and are now proceeding with a probe because Eppler’s front office didn’t stop.

8 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

In conjunction with a MLB investigation into their manipulation of the IL List / Process.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2023/10/mlb-investigating-mets-on-allegations-of-improper-injured-list-usage.html

Can the White Sox be warned for not ILing enough players lol?

https://sports.yahoo.com/mlb-playoffs-2023-in-baseballs-october-blame-game-direct-your-ire-toward-a-person-not-the-analytics-bogeyman-012330199.html

Don't blame sabes/analytics...blame the front offices and coaching staffs instead

8 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Can the White Sox be warned for not ILing enough players lol?

https://sports.yahoo.com/mlb-playoffs-2023-in-baseballs-october-blame-game-direct-your-ire-toward-a-person-not-the-analytics-bogeyman-012330199.html

Don't blame sabes/analytics...blame the front offices and coaching staffs instead

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Autumn Dreamin said:

The Orioles have the farm talent to start a dynasty if they want, and it would really be a shame if they waste it.

The Rays have a dynasty from their farm system but in the post season they die nasty.  But baseball is not a predictable sport.   You win those 100 games so you get there.  Some teams can club you to death but you still need stud pitchers for the post season.

It's all but a done deal, and Trevor May isn't holding back his feelings.

"If you're gonna just be a greedy f***, own it," May continued. "There's nothing weaker than being afraid of cameras. That's one thing I really struggled with this year — was not eviscerating that guy (A's owner John Fisher).

"Do what you're gonna do, bro. You're a billionaire, they exist. You guys have all this power. You shouldn't have any because you haven't earned any of it. ... It is what it is. The reality is you got handed everything you have."

https://sports.yahoo.com/trevor-may-retires-from-as-with-message-for-dork-owner-john-fisher-sell-the-team-dude-044452684.html

• Thanks 1