Cubs Thread 2023

Buehrle>Wood

6 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

2 1/2 back...2 behind Reds

Tied a four game series runs scored record dating back 123 years.

Reds blew their chances being cowards at the deadline. Pitching arguably the worst pitcher in baseball in a big game like tonight is embarrassing.  It’s crazy though how every break seems to go the Cubs way the last three weeks.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, fathom said:

Reds blew their chances being cowards at the deadline. Pitching arguably the worst pitcher in baseball in a big game like tonight is embarrassing.  It’s crazy though how every break seems to go the Cubs way the last three weeks.  

Twins Giants Dbacks Mariners didn't exactly distinguish themselves...

7 hours ago, fathom said:

I think they've been the best team in the NLC all year and things are starting to regress positively for them. Their underlying metrics have been much stronger than the Brewers and Reds all season.

Amid all the drama on the south side, the Cubs have been a very pleasant surprise. They're bashing the hell out of the ball, and look like they could make the playoffs. I urge you all to tune into them if you want some fun Chicago baseball. It beats the hell out of the circus on the south side. Such a damn shame. 

14 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Amid all the drama on the south side, the Cubs have been a very pleasant surprise. They're bashing the hell out of the ball, and look like they could make the playoffs. I urge you all to tune into them if you want some fun Chicago baseball. It beats the hell out of the circus on the south side. Such a damn shame. 

No offense but I have a hard time rooting for cubs. I was happy for all my cub loving friends when they won the WS but other than that, its not in my DNA to pull for them

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/22/2023 at 11:07 AM, The Grinder said:

If if wasnt for the cubs, Chicago be a city of losers between us, Hawks, Bears and Bulls. It saddens me to say that, I know 100 miles to the west of Chicago, the cubs are the talk of the area and the Sox? An afterthought :(

Looks like the Cubs are going to the playoffs one way or another. The Sox are going home and most of them are already there. So much for taking over the city.

On 9/1/2023 at 8:04 PM, Highland said:

Looks like the Cubs are going to the playoffs one way or another. The Sox are going home and most of them are already there. So much for taking over the city.

The Sox had a perfect opportunity to win boatloads of fans back in 2006. They have dropped the ball. We will be 2nd class citizens for at least another half decade. Thanks Jerry 

On 8/7/2023 at 8:00 PM, Texsox said:

I've tried through the years to cheer for the Cubs but never really stuck. But I'm so fed up with the Sox a new favorite team is possible. 

Texas? Houston? Chicago? They each make sense. 

Pick whichever Texas team isn’t the yuppie team. Ie the cubs and giants vs their ‘other side of town’ cousins. I’m assuming it’s Houston. Or stick with the Sox, that’s what I’m going to do. 

9 hours ago, nrockway said:

Pick whichever Texas team isn’t the yuppie team. Ie the cubs and giants vs their ‘other side of town’ cousins. I’m assuming it’s Houston. Or stick with the Sox, that’s what I’m going to do. 

The Ranger's have more of a Sox feel.