Cubs Thread 2023

Buehrle>Wood

7 minutes ago, whitesoxfan99 said:

I genuinely have zero idea how the Brewers called out at home without a call that the catcher was blocking the plate just now but the Sox were safe against the Rangers.  

It’s a confusing rule, but both were correct as the rule goes.

• 2 weeks later...

I was at the game today due to a corporate event.  I got there early to help setup the suite.  Things I noticed.

I watched several cubs players doing the same knee drills that Ron Washington does in Atlanta. I see them using quite a bit of the same drills I have seen in Atlantas pregame. I watched Dansby working out for almost 2 hours before the game ( he didnt play in the game ) but that was quite a bit of work. 

I watched several players taking a good amount of grounders.  Very position focused.  It started with basic glove work, then they flipped the ball to the coach at home so he could hit it to get the batted ball reaction.  They worked on this for a good amount of time.  The cubs are bad, but it looks like they are working on things that successful teams work on.  

Now my question is, how often do we see our players doing this.  How much is Tim Anderson out there taking grounders working on his defense and his craft.  How about the rest of them.  I have been to pregame before at US Cellular and I have seen a lot of things but I dont see this there outside of spring training.  

12 hours ago, fathom said:

Reds not doing anything to help their pitching is so pathetic. Meanwhile, Candelario is 7-8 on his new team and the Brewers awful acquisitions are 2-25.

Candelario is experiencing what I call "the Cubby bump." It's a phenomenon where generally pedestrian players come to the Cubs during so-called pennant races, are completely jacked about being in a fun environment -- and go on a tremendous roll, becoming talked about by Cubs fans and dumbshit media members as All-Star players, only to eventually come down to Earth and become exposed for the basically mediocre players they were all along (e.g., late-stage Kenny Lofton, overhyped Matt Murton, post-roids Nomar Garciaparra, spectacular-catch-that-one-time Reed Johnson, etc.).

7 hours ago, The Grinder said:

The cubs may just scum bag out and make post season

Hope not!!

If it helps finalize complete revamp of the Sox front office, so be it. Jerry is motivated more by hate, greed and pettiness than he is trying to make the Sox better. Like a substantial number of Sox fans, he hates the Cubs more than he likes the White Sox.

On 8/1/2023 at 10:27 PM, maxjusttyped said:

So glad Tony hated him, wouldn't have gotten Kimbrel or Pollock otherwise.

• TLR 1

7 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

If it helps finalize complete revamp of the Sox front office, so be it. Jerry is motivated more by hate, greed and pettiness than he is trying to make the Sox better. Like a substantial number of Sox fans, he hates the Cubs more than he likes the White Sox.

So glad Tony hated him, wouldn't have gotten Kimbrel or Pollock otherwise.

Or Benintendi when Pollock took less $$$.

• Like 1