How many times will the Sox be .500 this season?

CentralChamps21

How many times will the Sox be .500 this season?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. How many times will the Sox be .500 this season?

• 61-80
    • 41-60
    • 21-40
    • 4-20

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/13/2023 at 02:45 PM

1 hour ago, CentralChamps21 said:

(Excluding 0-0) the Sox have already been .500 three times this season. How many times will it happen in 2023?

Probably a good number of times over the next month.  As the schedule gets easier, hopefully Sox get well above .500. 

Aside from 1983, has there been a year where sox like put it all together late and stormed at or near the playoffs? In my time following sox, the playoff years were usually incredibly hot starts that were maintained or close to it. We've had some teams with incredible Junes (2009/10 come to mind).

That's one thing about this team. There is something in the dna of it. It's different players, etc, but never have that feeling that well they may be working toward something and could get hot. 

Last year's team was the definition of mid in any way you looked at it. You almost have to TRY to be that average. They were pulled towards .500 like a force of nature, they absolutely refused to go too far over or under so the 81-81 record at the end was the least surprising thing ever.

• 3 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

The Houston series feels like ages ago now.  Escaping 2-2 actually felt something remotely resembling hope.  Too bad it will be the high water mark in 2023. 

I seem to remember that a decent number of us thought the Sox looked pretty bad in that series but we were drowned out by those excited that they split the series in Houston!!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wegner said:

I seem to remember that a decent number of us thought the Sox looked pretty bad in that series but we were drowned out by those excited that they split the series in Houston!!!

I expected the worst but the Cease win actually had me feeling the slightest hope.  Getting out with a split felt good after the two losses.  But then the home opener happened and all positive vibes were swiftly stripped away for me.  Circling the drain since. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fathom said:

You think they win another game in the next week?

Nope.  If they win any of the next 6 it will be a small miracle.  Even the Twins series looks daunting.  If we thought that 8 game losing streak last season was demoralizing…