Middleton Called Up

Heads22

3 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

I would guess that they would just DFA Scholtens.

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Unless someone is hurt, I agree. No one is going to claim him.

While I agree the risk of losing him in minimal, they likely still need that length in the pen for now.  Things haven't really changed on that since was was called up last Friday. 

1 minute ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Stiever was the first player cut in Spring Training. Didn't even realize he was on the 40 man

Glad to see him stay in the org while not taking up a 40 man roster spot, tho.  He was pretty good in the minors before the shoulder issues.  Hope he bounces back.  

2 hours ago, EloyJenkins said:

Joe Kelly was a luxury signing that was an overpay at the time...and now, along with Leury's release IS THE reason they couldn't sign a real starter or 2nd baseman star. Just threw money away here. 

Not sure we were signing Trea Turner or Bogaerts lol...reality is there weren't many 2B signings in that middle tier around $10-14 million.  Either stars or veterans with limited upsides who signed relatively late.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Thanks 2

According to DVS of the Sun-Times, Kelly hurt himself running out to the field yesterday when it looked like a brawl may be taking place.

The jokes are now writing themselves with this guy.

Saw a great comment from Jim Margalus of Sox Machine. Kelly is giving off Kelvin Herrera vibes. (Herrera another fine example of a great front office with another five million wasted.)

Edited by Lip Man 1

23 minutes ago, joejoesox said:

3*

(TA will be put on the IL after today, I'd say there's an 80% chance)

Either that or the Sox will wait two weeks, play shorthanded, before finally figuring out that he's not getting better and THEN IL him.