GT 4/27: Best Team in Baseball vs. 4th in the AL Central - 6:10 CT

Quin

Previous game threads I tried to bring in good luck charms.

I think we've all just entered a mental hellscape at this point (shout out Berto).

Anyway, Cease vs. McClanahan. Perhaps they right the ship and have the greatest turnaround ever.

Likely not, but, perhaps.

Anyway, memes instead of good luck charms:

download (7).jpg

download (9).jpg

download (8).jpg

7jndb7.jpg

• Haha 2
  • Fire 4

• Quin changed the title to GT 4/27: Best Team in Baseball vs. 4th in the AL Central - 7:10 CT
  • Quin pinned this topic

Two observations...

Andrew Benintendi's statcast numbers are horrible. Yet he's still got a 700 OPS. The optimist in me says his batted ball stats will start returning to his career averages and his numbers will improve alongside. The pessimist in me says his stats could fall off a table if he doesn't start hitting the ball with a bit more oomph.

Luis Robert has got to be the biggest disappointment this season. At the start of the season he looked like he had finally put it together. He was a top hitter in the league, and was making it look easy. And the glove was elite. Now it seems like he couldn't hit the ball without a paddle. Grifol is stuck in a tough spot. To succeed we need our best hitter getting the most at-bats. Hence hitting first or second. But he's a total drain right now. Hopefully his near homerun yesterday is a sign of things to come.

• Quin changed the title to GT 4/27: Best Team in Baseball vs. 4th in the AL Central - 6:10 CT
23 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I think you have the start time what they gave the players. It actually starts at 6:10.

22 minutes ago, flavum said:

Yes, 6:10 Thu-Fri-Sat

I don't even have the east coast excuse since I put CT.

My bad guys.

(See Kenny? You can take accountability.)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, White Sox Park said:

I just would like to see a pitchers duel . at least that, and play solid defense . hoping for anything else is unreasonable at this point I suppose . if they had just played .500 ball, we would be right there behind the Twins.

The fact that neither the Guardians nor Twins have taken advantage and made the flap larger is going to keep some people hopeful. I would get it if the team was actually playing good ball and losing. But they’re not.

42 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

I had it in my head that today was an off day.  Now we have something to not look forward to.  I may have to consume a rare Thursday beer.

I think the players have had an 'off day' for a couple of days now.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, wegner said:

I'm heading over to line up now....meet me there and we can be the DP combo...you can have 2B or SS, I'm not picky.

I told myself I wasn’t going to play in the men’s league this year in my town but if you guys need a catcher, DM me.

• Haha 3
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, wegner said:

We don't need to win the Central tonight...just win 1....then win another 1 next week or month....Progress not Perfection

That could be their next slogan '1 win a week will do!'

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

It was all doomed the minute they named the field Guaranteed Rate with that blood red sign and down pointing arrow.

It's hard to believe they couldn't find a more appropriate partner. 

I wonder if Manfred wonders what the hell is going on. Wouldn't MLB be better as a whole if the American League franchise in the country's 3rd largest city was run like a big market, and actually spurred interest from its residents?

4 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

It was all doomed the minute they named the field Guaranteed Rate with that blood red sign and down pointing arrow.

The fact that "Wintrust Field at Comiskey Park" was right there (allegedly).

On one hand: Quite possibly the greatest stadium name in sports, as far as sponsorships go.

On the other hand: One of the worst names + THE worst logo for a stadium sports.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

It's also possible that it started to go downhill when they teamed up for a Jingle with an asshat Cubbie fan insurance salesman....but you're not gonna hear that from me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1