5/4- Sox vs Twins, 1:10

flavum

4 minutes ago, wegner said:

Listening to the radio post game...Conor McKnight seems to be doing a Chris Rongey impression being a Tim Anderson apologist. Do these radio guys have any clue how awful TA is with RISP?

Conner McKnight sucks and is extremely annoying to listen to! He always coddles this bad team and makes excuses to minimize how bad this team is. 

• Fire 1

5 minutes ago, wegner said:

Grifol has no fire...."just one of those days" for the offense....they sure seem to have alot of those days 

White Sox have now scored three runs or less in 18 of 32 games. 56%

You can't play baseball like you play football. There is no help in a "sense of urgency". A "sense of urgency" is what happens when TA comes up with RISP. And that 'sense of urgency" usually results in a bad outcome.

Baseball is about showing up every day, with the same mindset, and grinding each pitch, each AB, each fielding chance and each game and series out.

This team's problems aren't something being better mentally will help much with anyways. This team has a severe lack of talent. We have some good players, but we have a lot of one dimensional players and absolutely zero depth as an org.

More urgency from the FO in the off season is needed, not from the players on game day.

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

Doesn’t have an ounce of urgency 

Why would he? He got his coaching from the KC losing Royals. If he was so good, the KC GM would have hired him instead of hiring the TB Rays bench coach for their next manager. 

Good thing we have the genius Rick Hahn leading this organization...as he knows how to really pick em!

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

You can't play baseball like you play football. There is no help in a "sense of urgency". A "sense of urgency" is what happens when TA comes up with RISP. And that 'sense of urgency" usually results in a bad outcome.

Baseball is about showing up every day, with the same mindset, and grinding each pitch, each AB, each fielding chance and each game and series out.

This team's problems aren't something being better mentally will help much with anyways. This team has a severe lack of talent. We have some good players, but we have a lot of one dimensional players and absolutely zero depth as an org.

More urgency from the FO in the off season is needed, not from the players on game day.

Tell that to Pete Rose

6 minutes ago, wegner said:

When you have dug a hole as deep as this team dug in April, you simply cannot lose a game like this, especially to the Twins, to have any hope for this season.

That's why today is so depressing. Sox have to win, win, win. Seven hits in 12 innings won't win games and truly is disgusting. Too many lousy hitters on this team sadly. Wasted a good start. Can't hit. 

I'd see a bright spot in Eloy IF the Sox hadn't lost 10 in a row. It's desperation time now and Sox failed. Bummer.

1 minute ago, greg775 said:

That's why today is so depressing. Sox have to win, win, win. Seven hits in 12 innings won't win games and truly is disgusting. Too many lousy hitters on this team sadly. Wasted a good start. Can't hit. 

I'd see a bright spot in Eloy IF the Sox hadn't lost 10 in a row. It's desperation time now and Sox failed. Bummer.

Today wasn't that depressing. Nobody, I mean, nobody, with half a sane mind things this club is going to go 30 over .500 and win 90 games from this point on.

I don't know how some people manage to get so enraged still. This season is over. As I said, win like 10 in a row and maybe I'll get excited about things again.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Today wasn't that depressing. Nobody, I mean, nobody, with half a sane mind things this club is going to go 30 over .500 and win 90 games from this point on.

I don't know how some people manage to get so enraged still. This season is over. As I said, win like 10 in a row and maybe I'll get excited about things again.

You are right. I was just hoping maybe in some weird baseball oddity/fluke the Sox would follow the 10-game losing streak with 9 or 10 in a row. Yeah I've written them off but there's that weird part about "in baseball something different happens every day" I was hoping would envelope the Sox. My bad.

Edited by greg775

Just now, greg775 said:

You are right. I was just hoping maybe in some weird baseball oddity/fluke the Sox would follow the 10-game losing streak with 9 or 10 in a row. Yeah I've written the off but there's that weird part about "in baseball something different happens every day" I was hoping would envelope the Sox. My bad.

Hope is fine, but you can hope in one hand and s%*# in the other and see which one fills up faster.

The stat was posted here that a team 13 under before May has never made the playoffs. So yea, it's OVAH.

Pissed away a good starting effort. Katz just isn't a pitching coach. When a team is great at losing leads you have to make a change, How many runs can this offense score to beat their own pen. Stupid managing again. The wrong people were put in high leverage situations.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

4 in a row would have been 40% on the way to 10 in a row

Hotel.com's Captain Obvious "Runs" for President

45 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

I don't think he is a good enough manager or has an organizational model to make this work.  

Supposedly in the middle of a championship window and they bring in a guy with little or no experience. What about the guys with championship experience? 

5 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Yogi Berra-isms won't help this team much. 

Most of these guys are not "smarter than your average" baseball player.....oh you said Yogi Berra

32 minutes ago, wegner said:

When you have dug a hole as deep as this team dug in April, you simply cannot lose a game like this, especially to the Twins, to have any hope for this season.

I agree with that and thought they were so close to sweeping them if they could have either brought the runs home in early extras or if they were better in RISP hitting during the 9 innings. 

I still am optimistic that they can right the ship in May with their upcoming schedule. If they start taking series after series, things could look different compared to how they are now. Do I think they could fall flat and continue on April’s track? Absolutely. But I am one of the few who still am optimistic about the possibility of turning this season around.

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, pettie4sox said:

I thought the PH for Tim was dumb, let Haseley lay down a bunt and get the run home?  Am I being naive?

Was only watching on gameday and didn't realize that. Haseley had that clutch at bat in the 9th on Sunday...I would have thought he'd earned a shot to come through there. Oh well.

1 hour ago, The Kids Can Play said:

Well done and accurate analysis sadly!

This is such a sad commentary on how f*#ked up Hahn has botched the rebuild, the farm system and this garbage major league roster. 

Btw, I would add Grifol, Katz and all the coaches who shouldn't be in this organization. 

Good chance Grifol and the others won't pan out well, but it's only been 5 weeks and they have been given literal s%*# to work with across several spots on the 26.

Pitching:

• Let Zavala work with Giolito and Kopech and Grandal catch the other three. Every-time.
  • Let Cease call his game, not sure what the hell happened yesterday.
  • Liam (9), Santos (8), Middleton/Lambert/Graveman (6-7). Lopez (long), Bummer (LH), Colome or Banks (Blowout).

June Hitting: (Career Platoon OPS)

RHS: SS TA (.721); LF AB (.802); CF LR (.734); RF EJ (.839); 3B YM (.930)1B AV (.706); DH JB (.731)Catcher2B EA (.683)

LHS: SS TA (.870); LF AB (.707); CF LR (1.013); RF EJ (.769); 1B AV (.831); 3B YM (.667)DH JB (1.007)Catcher; 2B EA (.723)

Bench: C SV2B Z. Remillard; RF/LF A. Haseley; CF/OF B. Hamilton.

AAA: Sheets & Peralta. DFA: Alberto, Colome if bad a few more low leverage appearances.

Backups: 1B JB; 2B ZR SS EA (ZR plays 2B); 3B JB; RF AH/BH; CF BH/AH; LF AH/BH.

Colas recovers and returns = Haseley Down.

#1 Priority Acquire legitimate 2B who can field well and hit at least adequate, Elvis to reserve role, Remillard down.