And That's a White Sox 17-4 Winner !

Here's what I don't get. Sox have a big lead yet Grifol burns through three pitchers to finish the game only letting them go an inning each.

What?

One of these stiffs couldn't go two innings, saving a guy? I mean they don't have a day off until May 15.

Makes no sense. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Awesome win! However we need to keep these occasional offensive outbursts in perspective, since this team has been losing more than winning.

Be carful with these teaser games that maybe are nothing more than the occasional fluke game, to keep us fans reeled in.

There are still many major flaws on this team. We did play a under 500 bad team. 

I hope I'm wrong and these guys decided they are sick of embarrassing themselves and are now going to start playing like major league pros that are paid millions of dollars. 

• Thanks 1

Charlotte won 18-11, Moncada 3-3 with a HR. Colas 10 for 23 since he was sent down although it looks like the Sox have coached all the HR's out of him. He does have 5 doubles in his 10 hits. Still seems like he's not barreling up balls that much. He just muscles balls all over the field.

Hendriks pitched an inning , gave up 2 hits and a run.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Here's what I don't get. Sox have a big lead yet Grifol burns through three pitchers to finish the game only letting them go an inning each.

What?

One of these stiffs couldn't go two innings, saving a guy? I mean they don't have a day off until May 15.

Makes no sense. 

They were scheduled to throw today, Lambert last pitched 3 days ago and Middleton 4. Hopefully Colome built some confidence today with his scoreless inning.

Was sleeping during the game, glad they won and nearly everyone padded their stats.

Hopefully we see Colas back soon, if he’s regained a better approach in Charlotte. Really could use an OF glove and decent bat in RF, keep Sheets at DH or 1B if he can handle it until everyone returns (as if that’s ever going to happen).

Current Roster (OPS through today)

Catchers (3): Grandal (.798); Perez (1 AB); Zavala (.531).

DH (1): Sheets (.709).

Infield (5): Alberto (.903); Anderson (.654); Andrus (.547); Sosa (.377); Vaughn (.766).

Outfield (4): Benintendi (.648); Hamilton (2 ABs); Haseley (1.029); Robert (.825).

Future Moves (4)

• Moncada (.859) up for Perez.
  • Burger (.924) up for Sosa.
  • Colas (.541) up for Haseley.
  • Eloy (.743) up for Sheets.
Edited by South Side Hit Men

1 hour ago, T R U said:

Too many HRs being given up by Kopech. That’s going to hurt when we’re not playing rebuilding teams with no talent. 

The Reds have some talent, one of whom we should have drafted instead of Madrigal.

• Like 1

That was a nice win. Like you said another series win. There's no margin for error so I hate to say anything positive about this season but as the weather heats up, perhaps this lineup will have very many high scoring games. It's laughable of course that Burger and Eloy and Moncaa are out of action so I am not a believer, but it's not out of the realm of possibility (can't. believe I'm writing this) that this team hits .500 at some point this season. 

Edited by greg775

1 hour ago, Lip Man 1 said:

What?

Makes no sense. 

Lip Man you and fathom make great posts.

3 hours ago, FloydBannister1983 said:

I think this was one of the fifty that every team will win.  Against a bad team.

It was a high scoring game for the Sox.  They happen.  I didn’t see anything that should change the assessment of the team from the first month of the season.  They are at best a third place team in a bad division.

Fun to be on the winning side of a laugher for a change, but it changes nothing big picture.  A +13 win barely put a dent in their run differential.  Wake me up when they do this against good pitching. 

• Like 1

There's a ton of blame for the rebuild crumbling and deservedly so. Also a lot of blame for the team looking terrible so far this year and also deservedly so.

However, besides Hahn and management's refusal to build any kind of depth, I'm here to remind us all that near the top of the list is injuries. I know, I know ,a lot of teams have injuries and building depth helps good teams survive it. However I will throw some injury stats at you concerning 5 key players to the Sox rebuild, Moncada,Grandal, Anderson, Jimenez and Robert that I stole from a CHGO episode after the 17-4 win.

Games Played from 2020-2023

Moncada 308/418   74%

Grandal   268/418   64%

Anderson 267/418  64%

Robert     255/418   61%

Jimenez    219/418   52%

45 games all 5 played together  or 11%

25 games in 2020  (Covid 60 game season)  Record 16-9

12 games in 2021                                                  Record 9-3

2 Games in 2022                                                  Record 1-1

7 games (so far) in 2023                                     Record 5-2

If we eliminate the Covid year in the last 2+ years those 5 have played together 21 times in 358 or just around 6% of the time and went 15-6 .

The podcast wasn't sure if the total number of them playing together was 45 or 46 games from 2020-2023 but the overall record of those 5 playing together was 31-15 and most of that time Eloy and Robert never were at their peaks together.

Eloy is also out for 4-6 weeks now so those 5 won't be playing together any time soon but they've already eclipsed the 2 whole games all 5 played together in 2022 and despite the piss poor pitching and record this year , amazingly enough, they are 5-2 when they are all playing together in 2023.

5 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

They were scheduled to throw today, Lambert last pitched 3 days ago and Middleton 4. Hopefully Colome built some confidence today with his scoreless inning.

Was sleeping during the game, glad they won and nearly everyone padded their stats.

Hopefully we see Colas back soon, if he’s regained a better approach in Charlotte. Really could use an OF glove and decent bat in RF, keep Sheets at DH or 1B if he can handle it until everyone returns (as if that’s ever going to happen).

Current Roster (OPS through today)

Catchers (3): Grandal (.798); Perez (1 AB); Zavala (.531).

DH (1): Sheets (.709).

Infield (5): Alberto (.903); Anderson (.654); Andrus (.547); Sosa (.377); Vaughn (.766).

Outfield (4): Benintendi (.648); Hamilton (2 ABs); Haseley (1.029); Robert (.825).

Future Moves (4)

• Moncada (.859) up for Perez.
  • Burger (.924) up for Sosa.
  • Colas (.541) up for Haseley.
  • Eloy (.743) up for Sheets.

Not to mention in roughly a week or 2 Hendricks and/or Crochet could be found in the bullpen, barring setbacks

11 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

There's a ton of blame for the rebuild crumbling and deservedly so. Also a lot of blame for the team looking terrible so far this year and also deservedly so.

However, besides Hahn and management's refusal to build any kind of depth, I'm here to remind us all that near the top of the list is injuries. I know, I know ,a lot of teams have injuries and building depth helps good teams survive it. However I will throw some injury stats at you concerning 5 key players to the Sox rebuild, Moncada,Grandal, Anderson, Jimenez and Robert that I stole from a CHGO episode after the 17-4 win.

Games Played from 2020-2023

Moncada 308/418   74%

Grandal   268/418   64%

Anderson 267/418  64%

Robert     255/418   61%

Jimenez    219/418   52%

45 games all 5 played together  or 11%

25 games in 2020  (Covid 60 game season)  Record 16-9

12 games in 2021                                                  Record 9-3

2 Games in 2022                                                  Record 1-1

7 games (so far) in 2023                                     Record 5-2

If we eliminate the Covid year in the last 2+ years those 5 have played together 21 times in 358 or just around 6% of the time and went 15-6 .

The podcast wasn't sure if the total number of them playing together was 45 or 46 games from 2020-2023 but the overall record of those 5 playing together was 31-15 and most of that time Eloy and Robert never were at their peaks together.

Eloy is also out for 4-6 weeks now so those 5 won't be playing together any time soon but they've already eclipsed the 2 whole games all 5 played together in 2022 and despite the piss poor pitching and record this year , amazingly enough, they are 5-2 when they are all playing together in 2023.

How does this compare with other teams?  Middle of the curve or at the far end of it?

50 minutes ago, FloydBannister1983 said:

How does this compare with other teams?  Middle of the curve or at the far end of it?

I was thinking that myself. Unfortunately. Someone else would have to break that down. They'd have to find 5 key position players on each team who have similar injury histories over  either a 2+ or 3+ year period. That by itself would be difficult. That's 5 of 9 starting position players and we all know how bad RF and 2nd base have been in that time so it's effectively 5 of their best 7 position players. But that 2 of 162 in 2022 where they all played together is ridiculously low.

The best ability is availability.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside