2024 FIRST PICK TANKATHON THREAD

reiks12

18 minutes ago, FloydBannister1983 said:

Does anyone really think Hahn/Williams would turn the top pick into a good major league player?

no. If i was drafted by the white sox id refuse to sign. Far riskier to play for this organization than to sit out a whole year

• Like 3

If TA doesn't start performing, I don't think he's traded unless someone overwhelms us with their return

I don't see them trading Cease either

TA and Cease are on very affordable deals, something JR loves.

Hendriks is gone, unless he's just straight up bad. I could see Middleton and Kelly dealt for sure.

Grandal is interesting. His contract ends after this year and he isn't gonna get any good deals next year. Would he come back to the Sox in 2024 for a deal similar to Andrus. Sox don't have anything at C moving forward

Who do you guys think is 100% gone this year at the deadline? 

5 hours ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Who is the consensus top talent in the next draft?

Sox are picking at #15 this year 

IMG-20230513-060135.jpg

Not sure about consensus but here's Jim Callis' top draft prospects:

Here's the Top 10:

1. Dylan Crews, OF, LSU

2. Chase Dollander, RHP, Tennessee

3. Wyatt Langford, OF, Florida

4. Paul Skenes, RHP, LSU

5. Jacob Gonzalez, SS, Mississippi

6. Max Clark, OF, Franklin (Ind.) HS

7. Walker Jenkins, OF, South Brunswick (N.C.) HS

8. Enrique Bradfield, OF, Vanderbilt

9. Jacob Wilson, SS, Grand Canyon

10. Hurston Waldrep, RHP, Florida

Edited by joejoesox

10 minutes ago, joejoesox said:

Sox are picking at #15 this year 

IMG-20230513-060135.jpg

Not sure about consensus but here's Jim Callis' top draft prospects:

I think he meant next draft as in next year, not this coming draft. 

53 minutes ago, joejoesox said:

If TA doesn't start performing, I don't think he's traded unless someone overwhelms us with their return

I don't see them trading Cease either

TA and Cease are on very affordable deals, something JR loves.

Hendriks is gone, unless he's just straight up bad. I could see Middleton and Kelly dealt for sure.

Grandal is interesting. His contract ends after this year and he isn't gonna get any good deals next year. Would he come back to the Sox in 2024 for a deal similar to Andrus. Sox don't have anything at C moving forward

Who do you guys think is 100% gone this year at the deadline? 

What good is Grandal in a rebuild when he's not very good defensively...game calling...throwing out runners? 

Middleton and Santos would have to pitch well for 2-3 months in a row with their spotty track records. 

Much better to trade guys like Bummer Kelly Lopez (FA) and Graveman. 

Middleton Lambert Santos are the exact types you rebuild with because they're so cheap. 

Anderson could be traded after the season or next deadline... but he has much more value for 2 playoff fans than just one.   

See Juan Soto...theoretically part of three postseason runs, hence the huge return in prospect  depth. Obviously he was a Top Ten talent in the game... Anderson barely a Top Ten SS. 

Edited by caulfield12

6 hours ago, FloydBannister1983 said:

Does anyone really think Hahn/Williams would turn the top pick into a good major league player?

If we finish bottom three after spending $180M in payroll, Reinsdorf may have no choice to fire Hahn.  That takes a special type of bad and I don’t think even Jerry would tolerate despite his endless loyalty.

That will be a no-brainer! The Sox will pick #1,#2 or #3 in the 2024 June Draft.

The fact is, since we have such a horrible farm system and Hahn will probably dump several players at the trade deadline, the only way to be competitive again is through free agency. Unless Jerry wants to spend massive free agent money, which we all know won't be allowed, the unfortunate fact is, the Sox will probably be picking in the top three picks for the next several years beyond 2024.

11 hours ago, FloydBannister1983 said:

Top pick is gonna be Jac Caglianone so yeah they would.  If you tank for anyone its him.  But they shouldn't be tanking until there is no way to win the division