5/20 Royals @ Whitesox 1:10 start. Giolito VS Lyles

JoshPR

13 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I think we should support TA instead of tear into him a lot. Just my opinion. According to some reports he's playing hurt which we want Sox to do oft times rather than go on the DL regularly. Maybe he's headed back to the DL soon.

I think we all know Anderson is a good baseball player. Personally I see no reason to bash him. There are plenty of villains. I don't think he's one of them. Just my opinion. I'm not a huge TA fan. I just recognize he's not the problem IMO. Why not try something diff and support him a few more months.

I like him but the White Sox treat him like a player he is not.  A real organization moves him to 2B and spends on Swanson.  He is not a leadoff hitter either. 

If he is playing hurt I can appreciate that but don't bat him leadoff. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, wegner said:

I was looking at that upcoming schedule and thought hey they could get back in this thing.....and yes I know I have a problem.

If Lynn and Kopech can pitch well, and that acquisition can pitch 5 innings / game, their pitching is OK.

If they could acquire a legitimate backup infielder and starting RFer, this team would be capable of contending.

13 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I think we should support TA instead of tear into him a lot. Just my opinion. According to some reports he's playing hurt which we want Sox to do oft times rather than go on the DL regularly. Maybe he's headed back to the DL soon.

I think we all know Anderson is a good baseball player. Personally I see no reason to bash him. There are plenty of villains. I don't think he's one of them. Just my opinion. I'm not a huge TA fan. I just recognize he's not the problem IMO. Why not try something diff and support him a few more months.

Agree, hopefully he can be fully healthy and bounce back this season. Abreu and Tim have been the best players by far through last season. Robert is the new leader, but Anderson is a key either for the Sox the next two seasons or for a solid return if he is traded.

I'll criticize contracts, but not players who do the best they can based on health and ability (with rare exceptions). It's why I focus on ownership and GM, they are responsible for acquiring, developing and fielding a team.

4 minutes ago, White Sox Park said:

So it appears that we have a bullpen now..

KC and the Guardians without two Sox killers are one thing...winning out on the road and beating the Angels will prove a much tougher challenge. 

Would feel much more confident if the division lead was just five games by Minny (blown final game of that series)... but it's more the divisional weakness of a -9 to 11 games under .500 that provides hope, or maybe false hope.  We will see. Sweeping a series here seems critical. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

If Lynn and Kopech can pitch well, and that acquisition can pitch 5 innings / game, their pitching is OK.

If they could acquire a legitimate backup infielder and starting RFer, this team would be capable of contending.

Agree, hopefully he can be fully healthy and bounce back this season. Abreu and Tim have been the best players by far through last season. Robert is the new leader, but Anderson is a key either for the Sox the next two seasons or for a solid return if he is traded.

I'll criticize contracts, but not players who do the best they can based on health and ability (with rare exceptions). It's why I focus on ownership and GM, they are responsible for acquiring, developing and fielding a team.

Still need a STARTER at 2B. 

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Still need a STARTER at 2B. 

At this point, they will need to muddle through with Anderson and Andrus, and hope for the best. There are no unsigned FAs that can help at this point.

Not having a 2021 level Leury Garcia is killing this club far more than is stated, was so valuable filling in throughout all the necessary positions and was cromulent fielding.

35 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

I like him but the White Sox treat him like a player he is not.  A real organization moves him to 2B and spends on Swanson.  He is not a leadoff hitter either. 

If he is playing hurt I can appreciate that but don't bat him leadoff. 

Even the Braves were not willing to give that contract to their own player. 

Just too inconsistent offensively. 

Great defender, though. 

9 times out of 10 the players the ATL farm system keeps churning out is what allows them to compete year in and year out for decades. 

All that said, Ahmed Rosario is the best SS in this year's FA class. 

Yuck. 

He was very good in 2022, but that entire offense in CLE is putting too much pressure on themselves with all the pitching issues (back of pen now too)... and Rosario will have to deal with trade rumors should they struggle to get back to .500 the next 6-8 weeks. 

11 hours ago, Capn12 said:

A team this putrid on offense, can't punt an OF position for defense over offense. Gavin is good enough, for now, until the organization gets its head out of its ass and realizes Colas is the right option. This team is proving it right now, you can't set up your offense with 3 automatic outs at the bottom of the order, when the top 6 have their own share of problems.

Haesley has no business starting a MLB game, ever. If it is because Gavin is hurting after the slide yesterday, then sure. But normally, Haesley is about as useful as Romy Gonzalez, and that isn't a compliment.

Gavin is hitting some long balls that have been sorely missing.  He should not be sent down to AAA. IMO.

1 hour ago, hankchifan said:

Gavin is hitting some long balls that have been sorely missing.  He should not be sent down to AAA. IMO.

They just have to play Sheets until they are completely out of it.

Then bring back Colas in the second half and give him another shot at playing everyday.