Run it out, Damm it!

MikeKreevich

More excuse making by the TV hosts last night for Moncada not running hard to first base.  Earlier in the game I saw  Jimenez do the same thing.  Tim Anderson is guilty of this as well.             If you are making millions a year show some effort.   This is on the manager.  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, MikeKreevich said:

More excuse making by the TV hosts last night for Moncada not running hard to first base.  Earlier in the game I saw  Jimenez do the same thing.  Tim Anderson is guilty of this as well.             If you are making millions a year show some effort.   This is on the manager.  

Do you want out players to blow out a hamstring and be lost for weeks running hard to first base on a routine ground ball? I'm sick of injuries so I don't.

via-giraffeneckmarc-on-twitter.png

We literally have five of the nine guys who are playing under trainer instructions that if they make a routine out, they slow it down 

“If you watch closely, there are extra bases we haven’t taken and you can sit them, but they’re key offensive guys,” La Russa said. “So as long as the fans understand it, they’re not lazy, but their legs are important.”

- Hall of Fame Manager, 6/25/22

• Like 1

There’s a difference between an all out sprint and a professional level of running down the line on a routine grounder. Just give me the latter and we won’t have a problem. Dog it, I will look forward to the day you aren’t on the team I root for. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, MikeKreevich said:

If Grifol doesn't start Burger at 3rd tonight over Moncada, then not only will it confirm what a loser manager Grifol is, but it will also confirm how Pedro has no backbone to bench Moncada for being so lazy and uncaring in his effort.

Please trade Moncada and eliminate this cancerous and underperforming player off this team. 

He isn't the only one...others need to go!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

If Grifol doesn't start Burger at 3rd tonight over Moncada, then not only will it confirm what a loser manager Grifol is, but it will also confirm how Pedro has no backbone to bench Moncada for being so lazy and uncaring in his effort.

Please trade Moncada and eliminate this cancerous and underperforming player off this team. 

He isn't the only one...others need to go!

Yeah go ahead put burger at 3rd. Then when he sucks defensively soxtalk will whine and moan about that. Listen I agree with the show some hustle part and moncada irritates me. But if he's gonna be replaced it has to be with someone who can catch the ball. Burger has not shown that. And I love what burger has done and love his hustle. Just not playing 3rd

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JoshPR said:

Yeah go ahead put burger at 3rd. Then when he sucks defensively soxtalk will whine and moan about that. Listen I agree with the show some hustle part and moncada irritates me. But if he's gonna be replaced it has to be with someone who can catch the ball. Burger has not shown that. And I love what burger has done and love his hustle. Just not playing 3rd

Hasn't that been the problem for a long time? Rarely are there any options for the manager that doesn't create a problem while fixing another. White Sox baseball is filling a hole by digging a hole. 

In my day . . .

. . . It was the same s%*#. Nothing changes but the names on the back.

3 minutes ago, FourEyesShottenhoffer said:

If things didn’t count when said by the shitfaced, this country wouldn’t even exist

Damn, that's the best post I've read in a long time. 😃

5 minutes ago, FourEyesShottenhoffer said:

If things didn’t count when said by the shitfaced, this country wouldn’t even exist

Cool, I still don’t care what he thinks though.  Mostly because he has questionable judgement 

1 hour ago, JoshPR said:

Again some of you have not been paying attention to Jake's 3B play this year. He has done a good job with only one error this year. Is he as good as Moncada? No, but he isn't as bad as some of you make him out to be. This isn't Burger from the past few years with his fielding.

Plus you gain more respect from the team when you send a message. We are a bad team and realistically are not going to make the playoffs. Even if we did win this weak division, we wouldn't have a prayer to go far and probably be one and done. Having said that, it's more important to start changing the culture on this team now.

Finally, the way Moncada is hitting you definitely have a offensive upgrade at third with Jake.

Edited by The Kids Can Play
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, chetkincaid said:

Do you want out players to blow out a hamstring and be lost for weeks running hard to first base on a routine ground ball? I'm sick of injuries so I don't.

The reality is - I don't think there is a huge correlation here.  Guys should be able to run it out, period.  You coach it in little league, you coach it in high school, it is coached in college...yet in the pro's we just stop doing it.  I don't buy it and guys should do it across the board. 

Its like load management - I don't see a strong correlation between the guys who do load management and them being health(ier). If anything it seems like in the NBA those are the same guys who are constantly hurt.  I do think you need rest - but that is what off days are for, etc.  But if you consistently don't do it and than on a play where you need to you put on the gas - that is how I actually think an injury will happen (cause you are excerpting yourself in a way that your body is not used to / trained for).  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, JoshPR said:

It doesn't have to be Moncada. Burger has as much fWAR as Vaughn, Sheets, Moncada and Eloy combined so his defense at 3rd has not substantially subtracted from his hitting . It probably would eventually but Burger likes DH unlike Eloy .All four of those guys played yesterday. Eloy and Sheets combined to hit into 3 DP's. I understand that Eloy can be the most productive hitter but he has to get his bat going. Moncada could've had a 2nd hit yesterday. A lot of hitters would've beat out the one that he dogged it on.

Eloy: 0-4, 2 DP Essentilly created 6 outs

Moncada: 1-4  3 outs created

Vaughn: 0-4 4 outs created

Sheets: 1-3  1 DP 4 outs created

0 walks , 2/15

That's 17 outs yesterday by those 4 or 5.2 innings worth. That left 3.1 innings for TA, Benintendi, Robert ,Romy and Zavala to score more runs than the Yankees. Luckily Romy was on base for 1 of the 2 Zavala HR's.

The Sox did not have a runner in scoring position all game !

2 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

The reality is - I don't think there is a huge correlation here.  Guys should be able to run it out, period.  You coach it in little league, you coach it in high school, it is coached in college...yet in the pro's we just stop doing it.  I don't buy it and guys should do it across the board. 

Its like load management - I don't see a strong correlation between the guys who do load management and them being health(ier). If anything it seems like in the NBA those are the same guys who are constantly hurt.  I do think you need rest - but that is what off days are for, etc.  But if you consistently don't do it and than on a play where you need to you put on the gas - that is how I actually think an injury will happen (cause you are excerpting yourself in a way that your body is not used to / trained for).  

I’d say most fans agree, but teams, or at least this particular team, encourage or direct their players to do this. This became widespread under Tony, continues this season.

Fans can b****, have the right to expect max effort, but anger in this case should be directed at the organization, not the players following the procedures set by the organization.

6 hours ago, MikeKreevich said:

It figures that the author of the ultimate old school White Sox "meatball" fan post like this would spell the word "Damn" incorrectly.

39 minutes ago, Snopek said:

You say that like it's a bad thing. 

It is a bad thing. If we are limited by what is potentially offensive then all a person has to do to limit another person is be offended by them. People are supposed to be limited by ethics and reason not by offended people. All that mindset accomplishes is to enforce adherence to party orthodoxy rather than reason and ethics, which naturally leads to mindlessness, which is quite evident at the current time. Every philosophy worth its salt will tell you a person’s action should adhere to what is right according to principles rather than what they think others find favorable

• Thanks 1