June 14 Sox @ Dodgers

Vote4Pedro

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

That’s a quality W after the bottom of the 6th. 

Scoring late and adding on and on the West Coast. Beautiful stuff.

Jake Burger is such a great story.

• Like 2

7th time this season the Sox trailed in the 7th inning or later...and won.

I'm guessing Lambert gets called up when Clevinger goes on the IL.

Not that it really matters but Hahn's refusal to get any starting pitching depth more and more looks like an short sighted, imbicilic move. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

7th time this season the Sox trailed in the 7th inning or later...and won.

I'm guessing Lambert gets called up when Clevinger goes on the IL.

Not that it really matters but Hahn's refusal to get any starting pitching depth more and more looks like an short sighted, imbicilic move. 

Is there anyone out there that can fall into his lap like Cueto last year?

No Keuchel jokes please.

4 minutes ago, wegner said:

Is there anyone out there that can fall into his lap like Cueto last year?

No Keuchel jokes please.

When was that in late March when Lynn got hurt  and they got Cueto? Could've had Martin Perez too if they wanted him last year and then he signed with the Rangers and had a very nice year.

Ain't no pitchers worth a damn just floating around in mid June.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

When was that in late March when Lynn got hurt  and they got Cueto? Could've had Martin Perez too if they wanted him last year and then he signed with the Rangers and had a very nice year.

Ain't no pitchers worth a damn just floating around in mid June.

It was Elvis they got late in the season. I forgot they picked up Cueto earlier and if I remember they actually kept him in Charlotte awhile before bringing him up.

1 hour ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Maybe based on his numbers he needs to "try harder". 

Yeah I know baseball players are all Super Human Iron Men but a knee injury can create a real problem when trying to swing that bat with authority 

• Thanks 1

Tim Anderson cannot continue to be the lead off hitter. His OBP of .292 is a joke! 

It's embarrassing when you have to listen to the ESPN announcers mention that Tim Anderson leads the majors in groundball % at 64.2. Then what does he do...has an 0-5 night from the #1 spot with one strikeout and 4 groundball outs. 

I'm not saying saying the Sox have any classic lead-off hitters on this roster to put out there, because this roster has been horribly put together by Hahn for several years now. Yet TA needs to bat lower.

Edited by The Kids Can Play
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, elrockinMT said:

Yeah I know baseball players are all Super Human Iron Men but a knee injury can create a real problem when trying to swing that bat with authority 

"If" is really playing that injured that honestly is just another problem with him like a lot of our guys... always injured.

However not sure im buying this as a real reason... he has been on a pretty consistent decline the past 3 seasons.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Maybe based on his numbers he needs to "try harder". 

Not putting him on blast. Didn't TA play hurt last year too? What's up with baseball and all these injuries? Players used to be big and overweight (in some cases), certainly not the sculpted bodies of today yet all we hear is stuff about TA playing hurt, etc.

1 hour ago, superchops70 said:

I know he ended up coming up with a huge hit, but that was ridiculous to have AB up there hitting with his injury. Just like Robert last year, such an inept organization 

You would think we'll be hearing he'll be out a while. He took a pitch smack on his hand it appeared.

3 hours ago, The Kids Can Play said:

Tim Anderson cannot continue to be the lead off hitter. His OBP of .292 is a joke! 

It's embarrassing when you have to listen to the ESPN announcers mention that Tim Anderson leads the majors in groundball % at 64.2. Then what does he do...has an 0-5 night from the #1 spot with one strikeout and 4 groundball outs. 

I'm not saying saying the Sox have any classic lead-off hitters on this roster to put out there, because this roster has been horribly put together by Hahn for several years now. Yet TA needs to bat lower.

I'd leave him at the top. There's really nobody else but Beni. Then you'd put Timmy second anyway. Not a big difference. TA may be blah but he's our leadoff guy for now pretty much case closed.

8 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Not putting him on blast. Didn't TA play hurt last year too? What's up with baseball and all these injuries? Players used to be big and overweight (in some cases), certainly not the sculpted bodies of today yet all we hear is stuff about TA playing hurt, etc.

Back in the old days players were often discouraged from weight training.  The idea being that the extra bulk would only slow down their swings and contibute to fatigue and injury.

Obviously strenth training has come a long way, but maybe today's current jacked players do have a disadvantage in a game that demands more than just pure strength.

• Like 2