Sox vs. Seamen, Sunday version

Heads22

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

I know. I still don’t think the roster is at 40. Chances are, unless Frazier starts showing something, they bring Billy back IMO, if only to hang out, run, and play the OF late.

I had hoped that the work they did with Frazier lit a bulb. He was once a really nice looking prospect, and has had some major league success. But he doesn’t appear to be a guy who can handle sporadic ABs, and probably isn’t good enough to be a regular. I do think finding him playing time over Billy could help the Sox in the long run if he can turn a corner, but it probably won’t happen and Sox brass still thinks they have a good team.

Frazier is a 29 year old 0.3 career bWAR player. He has played for much better organizations who couldn’t make it work.

Billy can’t hit, but he can run and is the best fielder in the Sox organization. Its not about getting something out of your 26th man as much as it’s about protecting your only valuable position player (Robert), and your pitching staff.

The Sox need a quality CF to give Robert 3 games off a month and not give up 4-5 out innings in the process. Luis Robert has had two games off this entire season. It’s bat s%*# crazy, even if he wasn’t injury prone his entire career.

2 hours ago, DoUEvenShift said:

After careful consideration I am promoting Max Marmalade to player-manager, clean-up hitter, starting pitcher and closer (but not in the same game).

23 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

I think Pedro is very far down the Sox list of organizational problems, but he doesn't help himself with quotes (or lineups) like this

Second time recently he's gone off along these lines.

Me thinks the pressure is starting to get to him. 

4 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

Back when Billy was a regular player the Reds worked long and hard with him on bunting.  He's as bad of a buntet as he is a hitter.

Billy has three jobs. Pinch-runner, cheerleader and Tim's wingman. 

20 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Second time recently he's gone off along these lines.

Me thinks the pressure is starting to get to him. 

Or the control Freak F.O is telling him what to do

2 minutes ago, chisoxt said:

Billy was released this week 

He cleared waivers and is back in Charlotte. Needs to be added to the 40 man to be called up, but they have an open spot.

Luis Robert Junior's 2023 Games Off: April 9; May 26 & 27.

Nice start by Lance Lynn! 

• Like 1