Sox vs. Seamen, Sunday version

Heads22

1 hour ago, almagest said:

Honestly I wouldn’t know what to say either. The offense is possibly the worst I have ever seen, especially given the talent they have.

What talent?  If they had talent, they’d be winning!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Dan Pasqua said:

Glad we kept Dane "I can't start a playoff game" Dunning & Carlos Rodon and got rid of Reylo.  Pure genius.

Oh I forgot glad we kept our RF Fernando Tatis Jr because we already have TA at SS. 

What happens when you piss away your draft picks and salary controlled players for high priced free agents and end of the road players.

2023 Chicago White Sox (fWAR$175.4M

Starting Lineup $87.1M 

1. 2B .789 Jonathan India (R) 1.6 $0.8M
  2. RF .783 Michael Conforto (L) 0.9 $18.0M
  3. LF .913 Fernando Tatis Jr. (R) 2.8 $7.0M
  4. DH/OF .912 Joc Pederson (L) 0.8 $19.5M
  5. CF .835 Luis Robert Jr, (R) 2.3 $9.5M
  6. 3B .648 Yoan Moncada (S) 0.1 $17.8M
  7. 1B .751 Andrew Vaughn (R) 0.2 $0.8M
  8. SS .584 Tim Anderson (R) -0.2 $12.5M
  9.  C .658 Reese McGuire (L) 0.1 $1.2M

Reserves $3.1M

•  C .469 Seby Zavala (R) 0.1 $0.7M
  • 1B/3B .865 Jake Burger (R) 1.1 $0.7M
  • 2B/SS .585 Romy Gonzalez (R) -0.2 $0.7M
  • OF Billy Hamilton (R) 0.0 $1.0M

Starters $42.4M

1. SP 3.54 Lucas Giolito 1.3 $10.4M
  2. SP 4.31 Dylan Cease 1.3 $5.7M
  3. SP 4.27 Pablo Lopez 1.6 $5.5M
  4. SP 4.02 Chris Bassitt 0.4 $18.0M
  5. SP 2.78 Dane Dunning 0.8 $0.7M
  6. SP 3.92 Michael Kopech 0.3 $2.1M

Bullpen $40.4M

1. CL 5.40 Liam Hendriks -0.1 $14.3M
  2. CL/SU 2.67 Kendall Graveman 0.0 $8.0M
  3. SU 4.57 Joe Kelly 0.5 $9.0M
  4. SU 6.65 Aaron Bummer 0.6 $3.8M
  5. RP 2.52 Gregory Santos 0.7 $0.7M
  6. RP 1.80 Kendal Middleton 0.3 $1.0M
  7. LG 5.10 Reynaldo Lopez -0.2 $3.6M

Rehab $2.4M: Crochet, Foster, Hauer.

India selected instead of Madrigal, Conforto signed instead of Benintendi, Eloy traded in 2021 for Pablo Lopez, rumored deal at the time.

• Fire 1

Well, this was another bad loss. Thanx Lance for going 7. Reminded me of the good ol days of baseball. Remy goes 0-for-4. Yuk.

Six hits won't do it. I wish Ozzie was the manager. At least he'd kick some bleep. As long as he wouldn't say outrageious POLITICAL stuff and keep it on the field he'd be awesome in 2023.

But noooo he quit on the team so we can't ever hire him again. Well lemme tell u something pls. Pedro is ridiculously bad and Oz would be better. He just would. Even AJP would be much better. Get rid of this guy please. Let him be a scout and keep his MLB skipper salary but bye bye Pedro. hi Ozzeroo.

• Like 1

Was in touch with a member of the mainstream media tonight they said that on Monday,  Grifol "He's gonna have a rough go. Talking and acting like a rookie."

This person was also reacting to his comment to DVS of the Sun-Times. 

“I don’t have to answer those people [who don’t like the lineup]. He’s  (Burger) in the lineup (hitting 8th), he’s going to get four at-bats, help us win. Other than that, they can talk to [chairman] Jerry [Reinsdorf].”

2 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

What happens when you piss away your draft picks and salary controlled players for high priced free agents and end of the road players.

2023 Chicago White Sox (fWAR$175.4M

Starting Lineup $87.1M 

1. 2B .789 Jonathan India (R) 1.6 $0.8M
  2. RF .783 Michael Conforto (L) 0.9 $18.0M
  3. LF .913 Fernando Tatis Jr. (R) 2.8 $7.0M
  4. DH/OF .912 Joc Pederson (L) 0.8 $19.5M
  5. CF .835 Luis Robert Jr, (R) 2.3 $9.5M
  6. 3B .648 Yoan Moncada (S) 0.1 $17.8M
  7. 1B .751 Andrew Vaughn (R) 0.2 $0.8M
  8. SS .584 Tim Anderson (R) -0.2 $12.5M
  9.  C .658 Reese McGuire (L) 0.1 $1.2M

Reserves $3.1M

•  C .469 Seby Zavala (R) 0.1 $0.7M
  • 1B/3B .865 Jake Burger (R) 1.1 $0.7M
  • 2B/SS .585 Romy Gonzalez (R) -0.2 $0.7M
  • OF Billy Hamilton (R) 0.0 $1.0M

Starters $42.4M

1. SP 3.54 Lucas Giolito 1.3 $10.4M
  2. SP 4.31 Dylan Cease 1.3 $5.7M
  3. SP 4.27 Pablo Lopez 1.6 $5.5M
  4. SP 4.02 Chris Bassitt 0.4 $18.0M
  5. SP 2.78 Dane Dunning 0.8 $0.7M
  6. SP 3.92 Michael Kopech 0.3 $2.1M

Bullpen $40.4M

1. CL 5.40 Liam Hendriks -0.1 $14.3M
  2. CL/SU 2.67 Kendall Graveman 0.0 $8.0M
  3. SU 4.57 Joe Kelly 0.5 $9.0M
  4. SU 6.65 Aaron Bummer 0.6 $3.8M
  5. RP 2.52 Gregory Santos 0.7 $0.7M
  6. RP 1.80 Kendal Middleton 0.3 $1.0M
  7. LG 5.10 Reynaldo Lopez -0.2 $3.6M

Rehab $2.4M: Crochet, Foster, Hauer.

India selected instead of Madrigal, Conforto signed instead of Benintendi, Eloy traded in 2021 for Pablo Lopez, rumored deal at the time.

Why would you put one of the best RFers in left...? 

2 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Was in touch with a member of the mainstream media tonight they said that on Monday,  Grifol "He's gonna have a rough go. Talking and acting like a rookie."

This person was also reacting to his comment to DVS of the Sun-Times. 

“I don’t have to answer those people [who don’t like the lineup]. He’s  (Burger) in the lineup (hitting 8th), he’s going to get four at-bats, help us win. Other than that, they can talk to [chairman] Jerry [Reinsdorf].”

Geez. Who made this Grifol guy Mr. Defensive. He hasn't earned that right. So far he's failed in all aspects of the game with the help of Hahn. Hitting: Sox reek. No desire to do anything but K or HR. Defense: LOL. Starting pitching: C. Relief: F. Leadership: Hard to quantify. Seems like a log on the bench. Give me RR or Ozzie please.

• Fire 1

Most on SoxTalk celebrated when Ricky was fired, despite doing a solid job with 1 1/2 starting pitchers in Oakland. 

Ricky had his team hustling, cohesive, and playing hard through 9 innings. Ricky got the most out of most players, even guys like Leury and Engel. The games were fun to watch, the team was likable, the team liked each other, and there was reason for optimism that with a better rotation, solid corner OFers (1 or 2 LH with power, both with decent to solid defense), this team could legitimately contend.

He deserved one more season, with a strong payroll (17th was his highest), some decent coaching additions and the significant money spent on FAs like they did for Tony.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, hankchifan said:

Grifol is really bad.  He forgot the grand slam that ReyLo  allowed on Friday wasting a 4 Sox homer game , and now tonight he assures a waste of Lynn’s masterpiece.  reyLo needs to be relegated to non stressful duties. When are we going to get a good manager in this team?

He wasn't the Florida State runner-up for no reason!

15 hours ago, Highland said:

Seattle was completely un-impressive, yet the Sox were lucky they didn't get swept. It's gets to the point where you dread watching them. This team just doesn't have any life.

You're right and this "lifeless" team is not what Grifol promised us! Grifol promised the fans and media that this team would play with 100% max effort. 

• Hawk 1

9 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Most on SoxTalk celebrated when Ricky was fired, despite doing a solid job with 1 1/2 starting pitchers in Oakland. 

Ricky had his team hustling, cohesive, and playing hard through 9 innings. Ricky got the most out of most players, even guys like Leury and Engel. The games were fun to watch, the team was likable, the team liked each other, and there was reason for optimism that with a better rotation, solid corner OFers (1 or 2 LH with power, both with decent to solid defense), this team could legitimately contend.

He deserved one more season, with a strong payroll (17th was his highest), some decent coaching additions and the significant money spent on FAs like they did for Tony.

I will agree with you Ricky was a good leader and motivator. In hindsight, all Ricky needed was to have a stronger coaching staff around him. The staff around him was bad. 

Oh how things might have gone differently if they kept Ricky. Three years later and we have never seen this team play with any heart, enthusiasm or 100% max effort. 

Edited by The Kids Can Play
  • Fire 1

19 hours ago, BigHurt3515 said:

I would just like to point out during the last Lynn start I mentioned that he needs to start using a curveball. Next appearance he starts to use one and strikes out 16 guys

I'm glad Lynn made the change and you were right on. I just wonder how that came about. I doubt it came from Katz because I think he has proven to be worthless. Was it either Lynn figuring it out by himself, or maybe the other starters sharing their thoughts to him. I do notice the starters always are sitting in the dugout next to each other and always talking.