Giolito's wife files for divorce

caulfield12

1 hour ago, elrockinMT said:

People should not be weighing in with their opinions on an extremely personal issue in a person’s life. It’s not any of our business and all we should say in to hope things work out for the couple. It seems some here have nothing on their minds but to constantly complain and insult. It’s very sad in my opinion. And I hope that the Sox sign Giolito and Cease to new contracts 

"Hope" all you want. Ain't happening! 😆

3 hours ago, The Grinder said:

Congrats, boys or girls??

One of each!!!!!  This was my story below:

Wife who finds a note AFTER kicking husband out of house and then moving back AFTER wasting thousands of dollars:

Q: DID YOU SLEEP WITH HER???

A: ABSOLUTELY AS OFTEN AS I COULD !!!!

That is literally what ruined my marriage and family JFC . 

Edited by pcq
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, pcq said:

Wife who finds a note AFTER kicking husband out of house and then moving back AFTER wasting thousands of dollars:

Honesty ruins another marriage

I'm a 63 yr old bachelor who has had dozens of steady GFs. Not to mention one night stands etc. If this wasn't a family message board I'd tell u some stories 😉 🙂 😄 

6 hours ago, elrockinMT said:

People should not be weighing in with their opinions on an extremely personal issue in a person’s life. It’s not any of our business and all we should say in to hope things work out for the couple. It seems some here have nothing on their minds but to constantly complain and insult. It’s very sad in my opinion. And I hope that the Sox sign Giolito and Cease to new contracts 

Is there some agreed upon moral standard that makes it wrong to talk about a divorce on an internet message board? Kind of bizarre to see the morality card being played. I am not interested in talking about the details but I don’t see how it’s wrong aside from someone’s arbitrary moral standard. 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, NCsoxfan said:

Is there some agreed upon moral standard that makes it wrong to talk about a divorce on an internet message board? Kind of bizarre to see the morality card being played. I am not interested in talking about the details but I don’t see how it’s wrong aside from someone’s arbitrary moral standard. 

It's untoward in polite society lol.

That pretty much failed to continue as a standard post 2015.

"Good point. I have found it kind of interesting from a legal perspective to see how the prenup terms (Costner divorce) were enforced quickly as to the move out terms, but in the big picture no one’s divorce should be daily news. It’s got personal/ family/kids/ private financial information issues and while it might be in public court file it’s not the same to publicize it."

The question is how much of a right to privacy does a professional athlete have versus a worldwide box office draw who's fighting it out like Depp/Heard every single day in the court of public opinion?
Edited by caulfield12

8 hours ago, pcq said:

What?

• Haha 1
  • Hawk 1

12 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

It's untoward in polite society lol.

That pretty much failed to continue as a standard post 2015.

"Good point. I have found it kind of interesting from a legal perspective to see how the prenup terms (Costner divorce) were enforced quickly as to the move out terms, but in the big picture no one’s divorce should be daily news. It’s got personal/ family/kids/ private financial information issues and while it might be in public court file it’s not the same to publicize it."

The question is how much of a right to privacy does a professional athlete have versus a worldwide box office draw who's fighting it out like Depp/Heard every single day in the court of public opinion?

Yeah I’m not going to talk about it, and I don’t really care. BUT, it’s absurd to go in public and tell someone they can’t talk about something. It’s not polite but who is someone to force their moral views on others? 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, The Grinder said:

Honesty ruins another marriage

I'm a 63 yr old bachelor who has had dozens of steady GFs. Not to mention one night stands etc. If this wasn't a family message board I'd tell u some stories 😉 🙂 😄 

Let's hear it

On 7/11/2023 at 3:52 AM, South Side Hit Men said:

Even bigger contrast between Anderson and Clevinger. 

Anderson is doing the right thing, taking care of the child financially, saying he is also a part of his life.

Meanwhile Clevinger allegedly did not pay/withheld child support, was accused of beating the child's mother and spitting tobacco in his child's face, confiscating the child's documents, and engaging in other forms of abuse. People have either said nothing or were adamant "he is innocent based on MLB sham investigated primarily to protect the interests of ownership (do you want to honor the contract, is this case bad PR for the team, etc.)..

wait, he admitted this? yikes

edit: oof

https://www.sportsmockery.com/chicago-white-sox/tim-anderson-opens-up-about-extramarital-affair/

well at least we don't have to speculate about why he's a garbage player now, turns out he's also a garbage human being

Edited by joejoesox

24 minutes ago, joejoesox said:

wait, he admitted this? yikes

edit: oof

https://www.sportsmockery.com/chicago-white-sox/tim-anderson-opens-up-about-extramarital-affair/

well at least we don't have to speculate about why he's a garbage player now, turns out he's also a garbage human being

Are you saying he is garbage for being a part of the kids life and taking responsibility for his care?  Or did you just realize that he admitted to the affair?

1 hour ago, NCsoxfan said:

Yeah I’m not going to talk about it, and I don’t really care. BUT, it’s absurd to go in public and tell someone they can’t talk about something. It’s not polite but who is someone to force their moral views on others? 

Doesn’t look like there’s a “rule” against it but it does make you a dick to be like “the white sox are bad at baseball, I hope these guys’ personal lives crumble.” 

it’s like, get a life. 

Edited by nrockway
  • Thanks 2

48 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Are you saying he is garbage for being a part of the kids life and taking responsibility for his care?  Or did you just realize that he admitted to the affair?

the bolded. if it wasn't apparent by my comment. 

"Wait he admitted this? Yikes"

I've tuned out pretty much everything Sox the last few months. My only Sox news comes from Locked On Sox and Sox Machine. 

And to answer your question, he's garbage for cheating on his wife and getting this side piece pregnant. 100% piece of s%*#. 

Edited by joejoesox
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

13 minutes ago, joejoesox said:

I've tuned out pretty much everything Sox the last few months. My only Sox news comes from Locked On Sox and Sox Machine. 

And to answer your question, he's garbage for cheating on his wife and getting this side piece pregnant. 100% piece of s%*#. 

I like how you have a stronger opinion on his supposedly bad ethics than his wife does. Ya know, the woman who is being victimized here. It isn’t you. Stop acting like such a p**** about pro athletes, some of you guys think these millionaires who play with a ball are supposed to be these paragons of virtue. All this stuff applies extra to Tim Anderson apparently, couldn’t imagine why….

• Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, joejoesox said:

Most athletes are. A lot of people in general are, actually. We had a poster on this very page admit he cheated on his wife repeatedly, and seemed to be shocked that that's what ended his marriage and his family...

Something like 1 in 5 married men cheat on their wives. I imagine that's much higher for professional athletes. 

7 minutes ago, nrockway said:

I like how you have a stronger opinion on his supposedly bad ethics than his wife does. Ya know, the woman who is being victimized here. It isn’t you. Stop acting like such a p**** about pro athletes, some of you guys think these millionaires who play with a ball are supposed to be these paragons of virtue. All this stuff applies extra to Tim Anderson apparently, couldn’t imagine why….

Yeah, It’s not like there were multiple threads about Clevinger in spring training.

8 minutes ago, nrockway said:

lol f*** off, defending a piece of s%*# who cheated on his wife, you're the tool buddy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, joejoesox said:

lol f*** off, defending a piece of s%*# who cheated on his wife, you're the tool buddy

I care about his baseball production and also you can still be a good person and do a bad thing, ie spousal infidelity. The Clev accusations are way different, that’s describing a violent crime. Cheating is not a crime even if I think it’s immoral. Regular people do it all the time, but my exact point is why are you looking at a baseball shortstop for moral guidance? I say once more, his wife obviously forgives him and wants to remain married to him. Why is your opinion on this matter stronger than hers? Oh yeah it’s cuz it’s Tim Anderson, resident whipping boy, his sin being…anyone can read between the lines about why everything applies extra to Tim. 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, Paulie4Pres said:

What?

I had a note someone left me after moving out and filing for divorce. I stashed it in a book somewhere then moved back a few months later. One morning I hear WHO IS KAREN??? She was going thru all my stuff!! A few days later the police arrived and I left for good. 

49 minutes ago, nrockway said:

I care about his baseball production and also you can still be a good person and do a bad thing, ie spousal infidelity. The Clev accusations are way different, that’s describing a violent crime. Cheating is not a crime even if I think it’s immoral. Regular people do it all the time, but my exact point is why are you looking at a baseball shortstop for moral guidance? I say once more, his wife obviously forgives him and wants to remain married to him. Why is your opinion on this matter stronger than hers? Oh yeah it’s cuz it’s Tim Anderson, resident whipping boy, his sin being…anyone can read between the lines about why everything applies extra to Tim. 

Who exactly is looking at a baseball shortstop for moral guidance?  Who is insinuating that his/her opinions are stronger than said shortstop's wife?

People choose who to root for.  They make a choice to spend their time and/or money rooting for a player or a team.  When a player has obvious behavioral problems (i.e. cheater, shouting racial epithets at opposing players, comparing himself to the beloved Jackie Robinson, telling the fans to f- themselves) people make sound judgements not to root for said player.  I know you're trying to associate criticism of a players behavior with with his race but you're the only one obsessed with this and you're the only one pretending not to know that people's opinions about him have not been formed in a vacuum.  No where has anybody but you insinuated anything about Anderson other than calling out his poor behavior. 

By the way, I saw Pat Fitzgerald on the cover of the paper today for being fired for his poor behavior.  I've never seen Anderson's behavior on the cover of the paper.  Maybe I just missed that edition, it is not impossible.

I agree with @joejoesox.

26 minutes ago, FloydBannister1983 said:

Who exactly is looking at a baseball shortstop for moral guidance?  Who is insinuating that his/her opinions are stronger than said shortstop's wife?

People choose who to root for.  They make a choice to spend their time and/or money rooting for a player or a team.  When a player has obvious behavioral problems (i.e. cheater, shouting racial epithets at opposing players, comparing himself to the beloved Jackie Robinson, telling the fans to f- themselves) people make sound judgements not to root for said player.  I know you're trying to associate criticism of a players behavior with with his race but you're the only one obsessed with this and you're the only one pretending not to know that people's opinions about him have not been formed in a vacuum.  No where has anybody but you insinuated anything about Anderson other than calling out his poor behavior. 

By the way, I saw Pat Fitzgerald on the cover of the paper today for being fired for his poor behavior.  I've never seen Anderson's behavior on the cover of the paper.  Maybe I just missed that edition, it is not impossible.

I agree with @joejoesox.

I'm not the one who's obsessed, you are, I just call a spade a spade and stay true to the idea that I like sports for the sporting aspect of it and not the TMZ-esque personal drama. If I cared about that, I'd watch the Kardashians instead of baseball. You might prefer that brand of entertainment. And obviously there's a giant difference between rooting for a guy who cheated on his wife (wow incredible an athlete, had an affair...) and one who is accused of criminally assaulting his spouse (regarding Clev. I'll still cheer for him to have a good ERA because whatever investigations took place didn't find anything. I bet he has anger issues that affect his personal relationships even if he isn't a criminal and I hope he figures it out for his own sake. In the mean time, I hope he pitches well). Don't be obtuse to compare the two. I speculate that it stems from some personal insecurity that infidelity is a worse offense to you than an alleged assault. I also speculate that it's racially motivated but I really don't want to have this discussion on a baseball forum and won't mention it further. It's just I think kind of obvious why some athletes receive this bizarre level of personal hatred from the fans who are supposed to be cheering them on. I bet if Luis Robert spoke English he'd get the same level of it. People call him slurs too and I think it's sort of disappointing for a baseball team that's located on the south side of Chicago...anyway.

It is true of all athletes (pretty much any public figure) that fans will redirect their personal hang-ups onto them. That's part of the reason they get paid the big bucks, they have to have thick skins and deal with it. I still think it's weird. Few days off of baseball so now let's talk about how shitty they are as human beings. Some of the remarks about Giolito getting a divorce, it's like....maybe this is actually a Catholic church forum and I got lost somewhere. Who cares? I wish him the best through it as I would anyone else but I really don't care about a stranger's divorce!! Why should you? You care more about Tim's infidelity than his wife does, get a life!

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, pcq said:

I had a note someone left me after moving out and filing for divorce. I stashed it in a book somewhere then moved back a few months later. One morning I hear WHO IS KAREN??? She was going thru all my stuff!! A few days later the police arrived and I left for good. 

I cant help but think marriage is the leading cause of divorce 

• Haha 4

I read Ball Four when I was about 13. One of the quips was about returning to the airport after a road trip and meeting their wives. Somebody yells out - "All right now everybody act like you're horny". 

I never harbored any illusions about their saintliness.