7/16- White Sox at Braves, 12:35

flavum

3 hours ago, Snopek said:

Man the Braves radio broadcast is rough. Next time you’re hating our guys, put on another teams broadcast to see what else is out there. It certainly gives you some perspective.

I was driving a long distance and put it on right when Burger homer so felt fir good luck I'd leave it on.   Holy crap they were bad. 

• Fire 1

18 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

I was driving a long distance and put it on right when Burger homer so felt fir good luck I'd leave it on.   Holy crap they were bad. 

Maybe the Braves broadcasting people will upgrade and hire Gordo who is from Atlanta.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, maxjusttyped said:

Not letting anyone off the hook, but every game I've been to for years Eloy has been on the field stretching beforehand. I don't think that's the issue

You just get put on the IL 19x because you're *extremely* unlucky, got it

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

Neither Moncada or Eloy strike me as players that love the game and the grind. They aren't dedicated to getting in the best shape possible and wanting to be on the field every single game. 

The two things I absolutely want to see the rest of this season is Colas play every game in RF, and trading for a legit 2B. You have to find out if Colas is the guy or not and you have to fill the void at 2B that has been there forever. 

You then get yourself a great defensive catcher who can hit some HR's and you are suddenly strong up the middle which all good teams are. 

Also I don't trade TA unless I get an offer to good to pass up. I'm convinced all his issues are related to an injury and his off field nonsense and his marriage most likely being in shambles. He needs to get his head back right. 

• Like 2
  • Fire 2

7 minutes ago, brijames1957 said:

Neither Moncada or Eloy strike me as players that love the game and the grind. They aren't dedicated to getting in the best shape possible and wanting to be on the field every single game. 

The two things I absolutely want to see the rest of this season is Colas play every game in RF, and trading for a legit 2B. You have to find out if Colas is the guy or not and you have to fill the void at 2B that has been there forever. 

You then get yourself a great defensive catcher who can hit some HR's and you are suddenly strong up the middle which all good teams are. 

Also I don't trade TA unless I get an offer to good to pass up. I'm convinced all his issues are related to an injury and his off field nonsense and his marriage most likely being in shambles. He needs to get his head back right. 

IMHO Eloy seems like he has a lot more fun than Moncada who seems like he hates baseball. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

IMHO Eloy seems like he has a lot more fun than Moncada who seems like he hates baseball. 

Yeah, agreed. I feel like Eloy loves playing baseball, he's just a cumbersome oaf who gets hurt easily. Yoan....he seems like the guy who'd rather be anywhere but on the baseball field, and is still made of glass.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, zisk said:

just watched Jake's tater on replay. after he crosses home, Jake gives AV the high five and

for a second they stand side by side. It kind of reminds me of when Andre the giant stood next to 

Hulk Hogan at Wrestlemania. Andrew really looked tiny. The clip is on the sox web site check it out.

Jake is a beast.  Looks like a hybrid of Mike Trout and Kyle Schwarber.  Andrew is just a short 1st baseman.

1 hour ago, Harry Chappas said:

Does not excuse having Fluffy on our TV broadcast. 

2 hours ago, brijames1957 said:

Part of the issue I think with both Moncada and Eloy (well two issues) are they were given huge contracts before proving a damn thing and that impacted them negatively and second they are both built like Greek Gods, yet both are made of glass because of it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brijames1957 said:

An unfair take on Eloy and even Moncada. I would not question their dedication because a lot of it was required to get where they are, especially considering where each came from. Sometimes, some players are just more injury prone. It happens. A bad back is a bad back, bad legs are bad legs. It’s genetics… but watch any game and I don’t see how you question at least Eloy’s joy for the game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Anyone notice that Sheets made the most of his declining play time?  Nice catch in RF and barreled up a few balls.  Repeating myself, he's not a terrible RF.

Cease throws too many pitches.  I know, it's not exactly a revelation.  Can't say Katz fixed him until this is fixed.

Edited by Stinky Stanky
  • Thanks 1

We won and players done good. But, we still throw insults to various Sox players and the organization. I think we need to have a separate game page for the haters to post their comments and complaints and let them join others of their ilk in the hater hades🔥👹

15 hours ago, hankchifan said:

Maybe the Braves broadcasting people will upgrade and hire Gordo who is from Atlanta.

The Fox broadcasters on Saturday were very good.  Don't know their names.

11 hours ago, elrockinMT said:

We won and players done good. But, we still throw insults to various Sox players and the organization. I think we need to have a separate game page for the haters to post their comments and complaints and let them join others of their ilk in the hater hades🔥👹

40-55 in the supposed middle of the "championship window..."

That's all folks.