The Rockies might be more embarassing than Sox

caulfield12

14 minutes ago, Quin said:

This is normal for the Rockies scoreboard operator. Every now and then it goes viral and everyone goes 😮.

Hopefully it's not related to Kris Bryant...poor guy has gone from HoF to a lesser Evan Longoria.

Everyone in the Denver metro trying to play amateur sleuth and figure out who Becky actually is.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Haha 1

Will never forget the night we chipped in to rent a suite, and laughed out asses off when the soon to be fired Joe Stephen taunted Chuck Finley with Whitesnake’s Here I Go Again after Tawny Kitaen RIP was arrested for kicking his ass earlier in the week.

https://www.espn.com/page2/s/caple/020424.html

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Will never forget the night we chipped in to rent a suite, and laughed out asses off when the soon to be fired Joe Stephen taunted Chuck Finley with Whitesnake’s Here I Go Again after Tawny Kitaen RIP was arrested for kicking his ass earlier in the week.

https://www.espn.com/page2/s/caple/020424.html

You know you're getting older when Tawny Kitaen has already passed away and you remember watching Chuck Finley pitch for the Quad City Angels in your teenage years lol.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

You know you're getting older when Tawny Kitaen has already passed away and you remember watching Chuck Finley pitch for the Quad City Angels in your teenage years lol.

Chuck is my stepson's second or third cousin, he's a distant relative. Covered him when he pitched at Northeast Louisiana (now Louisiana-Monroe). He had a very solid career.

10 minutes ago, Iwritecode said:

IDK guys...

Is this really more embarrassing than having a GM that has a sub-500 record in 10 years with only 2 playoff appearances and 0 playoff series wins and yet still somehow keeps his job?

They're both definitely not top tier organizations. Hell, not even top half, or even top 2/3.

• Like 2

On 7/21/2023 at 1:37 PM, ChiSox59 said:

Id say the Padres are more embarrassing than the Sox, too. 

Not the Mets?

Let's not forget how much they're spending AND they had to fire two front office execs in a row for various Improprieties.

And they lost to the Padres in the playoffs last year.  

And they have pretty much diametrically opposed media markets.

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Not the Mets?

Let's not forget how much they're spending AND they had to fire two front office execs in a row for various Improprieties.

And they lost to the Padres in the playoffs last year.  

And they have pretty much diametrically opposed media markets.

Omar Vizquel and Wes Helms enter the chat.

Both the Mets and Sox are fortunate the Racist / Rapist Chicago NHL OrganIzation and Dan Snyder Washington NFL Teams took more arrows over recent years, though Chicago escaped national scrutiny because nobody south of Canada gives a s%*#.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Omar Vizquel and Wes Helms enter the chat.

Both the Mets and Sox are fortunate the Racist / Rapist Chicago NHL OrganIzation and Dan Snyder Washington NFL Teams took more arrows over recent years, though Chicago escaped national scrutiny because nobody south of Canada gives a s%*#.

Well I would consider two front office guys at or near the GM level to be slightly more important...but the White Sox also had issues with Wally Backman as well.

A lot of people around the game thought he was going to be an excellent manager.

Then there's Daryl Boston and the Brian Ball allegations, which I'm pretty sure that lawsuit didn't go anywhere.

Think of Wes Helms as more of a Braves' guy...that's where his roots lie, at least, like McEwing and the Cardinals.

22 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Well I would consider two front office guys at or near the GM level to be slightly more important...but the White Sox also had issues with Wally Backman as well.

A lot of people around the game thought he was going to be an excellent manager.

Then there's Daryl Boston and the Brian Ball allegations, which I'm pretty sure that lawsuit didn't go anywhere.

Think of Wes Helms as more of a Braves' guy...that's where his roots lie, at least, like McEwing and the Cardinals.

Ball's lawsuit was thrown out of court although I think there was some sort of settlement.

On 7/21/2023 at 8:02 AM, Iwritecode said:

IDK guys...

Is this really more embarrassing than having a GM that has a sub-500 record in 10 years with only 2 playoff appearances and 0 playoff series wins and yet still somehow keeps his job?

100 percent correct! No GM in baseball is more embarrassing than the extensive losing track record and results of Rick Hahn.

• Hawk 1