7/27/23: Cleveland Guardians @ Chicago White Sox - 7:10 PM CDT TV: NBCSCH & Radio WMVP AM 1000

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

I’ve heard it said in the press by a few people now, but Sox fans deserve better than this.  This team is terrible in every aspect. 

I don’t think people realize how truly terrible the talent level is on this squad.  This is a Royals/As level team if you remove Robert after the Giolito trade.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Post game scoring change: Colas charged with his third error.

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/guardians-vs-white-sox/2023/07/27/717233/final/box

Only good outcome today is Cleveland gained ground vs. Minnesota, and the Sox gained ground toward a Top 3 Lottery Pick.

1. .394 White Sox
  2. .392 Colorado
  3. .279 Kansas City
  4. .269 Oakland

Think I'm backing off following the team after this one, will check back post deadline and then at year end to see if Hahn or others are s%*# can.

The opposite of love is not hate, it's apathy, which is what Hahn, Jerry et all have earned after what they have done to this franchise.

Adios amigos!

That’s what I hear whenever I talk to people about the Sox, and it’s very bad for the franchise. People aren’t even upset anymore. They simply do not care what this team is doing.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, wegner said:

Listening on the radio since the 5th. This team really does the little things to lose. Constantly giving up extra bases.

Couldn't put away Cubs hitters. Same thing against Cleveland...supposedly a subpar offensive team but not against our Sox.

Also we are getting run out of the ball park the last few games.  Our catchers can not get any runners out, not helped by our pitchers not holding the runners, poor defense also has allowed runners to take extra bases.  We are looking like the Charlotte of the South Side.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

If we are being honest about the timeline, the only one of those who should be up before late 2025 is Monty.

This is a lost year for Monty and I don't think that he's gonna be a star unless he finds more power. It's August and he's gonna get what, one month in Birmingham? Both Monty and Gonzalez could be a solid MI for a while though. Out of all of their prospects, Schultz is probably the guy with the highest ceiling. 

I don't disagree with you on the timeline and Montgomery is only slightly ahead of the rest. 

Edited by baseballgalaly

1 minute ago, whitesoxfan99 said:

I don’t think people realize how truly terrible the talent level is on this squad.  This is a Royals/As level team if you remove Robert after the Giolito trade.

This isn’t remotely true.  There is talent on the roster, but the front office and coaching staff simply isn’t able to get it out of them.

3 minutes ago, Milkman delivers said:

That’s what I hear whenever I talk to people about the Sox, and it’s very bad for the franchise. People aren’t even upset anymore. They simply do not care what this team is doing.

My kids haven’t even asked how the game went for a few months now.  They didn’t miss a game in 2020-2021.

44 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

Yes.  I couldn't get on at all before. Now I can only get on with my phone but I have to turn the wifi off.

EDIT:  Looks like it's working with my wifi now.

I had to go on the Sox reddit page to compensate. Holy hell there are still a ton of Hahn defenders left. I had no idea.

• Fire 1
  • TLR 1

8 minutes ago, whitesoxfan99 said:

I’m skeptical of Quero being a true impact talent.  Good return on paper for Giolito but Montgomery and Schultz are potential stars. I’d be really surprised if Quero reaches that level, especially with the Sox and his defense needs to get way way better to even make it a possibility.

I'm skeptical of Montgomery, Gonzalez and Quero as impact players, but I think they have a good chance to be solid MLB starters for a while. Schultz is the one guy I'm excited about as a potential impact player. 

Just now, fathom said:

My kids haven’t even asked how the game went for a few months now.  They didn’t miss a game in 2020-2021.

I’m sad but I still haven’t taken my kids to their first White Sox game (not counting spring training).  2020 wiped out one chance and then LaRussa and some family stuff made 2021 not happen and I’ve had zero interest in giving Reinsdorf any money since (also why I haven’t been to a Bulls game in 5+ years despite splitting season tickets for Bulls games for years prior to 2017).

Just now, whitesoxfan99 said:

I’m sad but I still haven’t taken my kids to their first White Sox game (not counting spring training).  2020 wiped out one chance and then LaRussa and some family stuff made 2021 not happen and I’ve had zero interest in giving Reinsdorf any money since (also why I haven’t been to a Bulls game in 5+ years despite splitting season tickets for Bulls games for years prior to 2017).

Haven’t gone last two years. 

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Just swallow your pride and give them Cubs gear. I believe more and more that the Sox are out of Chicago when the eventual sale happens anyway. You’re still dealing with a crappy team, but Cubs fans just seem generally happier. They have sort of a cartoonish humor about their crappiness. We have gallows humor, anger, and resentment.

10 minutes ago, baseballgalaly said:

This is a lost year for Monty and I don't think that he's gonna be a star unless he finds more power. It's August and he's gonna get what, one month in Birmingham? Both Monty and Gonzalez could be a solid MI for a while though. Out of all of their prospects, Schultz is probably the guy with the highest ceiling. 

I don't disagree with you on the timeline and Montgomery is only slightly ahead of the rest. 

What are the odds that Hahn’s plan to compete next year involves trading one or more of them?

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

What are the odds that Hahn’s plan to compete next year involves trading one or more of them?

If they trade Schultz we riot. 

But knowing how this org is run, it is completely possible that they sell now and then turn around this winter and flip these guys for other players. 

Edited by baseballgalaly

5 minutes ago, Milkman delivers said:

Just swallow your pride and give them Cubs gear. I believe more and more that the Sox are out of Chicago when the eventual sale happens anyway. You’re still dealing with a crappy team, but Cubs fans just seem generally happier. They have sort of a cartoonish humor about their crappiness. We have gallows humor, anger, and resentment.

Brewers

14 minutes ago, Milkman delivers said:

I never ever thought this would be me. But it is. I simply do not care. Long time posters may remember possibly how irate I got and made vicious posts during and after losses, getting in trouble a few times. When everybody thought the Sox knew how to draft during the tank job I was one of very few posters wanting/demanding Ws not Ls. Now I truly don't care. Why? I feel like the team and front office doesn't care so why would I care. That coupled with the fact modern baseball is so boring and expensive.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Milkman delivers said:

Oz was funny last night when he said they should keep the team together and add in the offseason. Chuck said 'you are talking about the Cubs right?' Oz said 'yes, the White Sox .... they need to get rid of everybody including the parking attendant.'

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Milkman delivers said:

I would NEVER let my kids root for the Cubs. Worst case I'll have them follow the Brewers or wherever the Sox move to if that's the case. Not obligated to root for a Chicago team only (hell I grew up a Dolphins fan before settling on the Bears after Marino retired cuz they stopped showing Dolphins games here).

• Like 2

1 minute ago, harkness99 said:

ya i thought the same thing.. plus bro your team isnt going anywhere either.

They won’t go far if they do but they still have a real shot at their 6th playoff berth in 8 seasons (so one less than the white Sox have had since 1960) and that is with 3 rookies in their starting rotation and their best pitcher basically not pitching this season.