Guess there's still a game Guardians @ Sox 610 pm

caulfield12

Just now, Heads22 said:

Are there going to be new arms of any actual value that we will break in the rest of the year outside of relievers?

Possibly not.  But I think they are going to have a long audition process at the beginning of next year too.  I think there's value in having a trusted guy at catcher to bring people along. Maybe not a ton. Will be interesting to see our pitchers when none of them have to throw to Grandal.

1 minute ago, Lip Man 1 said:

This isn't a secret, I mean I was told how bad things were last year for my story this past November. There is no leadership in this clubhouse, none. Chuck and McGuffy have been saying the same thing for weeks. There is (or was) talent on the roster but no cohesion and no depth.

Bring back AJ and Carlton Fisk to co- coach this team, they'll light a fire under this team or start a brawl trying.

• Fire 1

4 minutes ago, Quin said:

My ideal plan was:

1. Fire sale for good talent

2. Smoldering remains of the White Sox start playing well cause sure

3. Win lotto

I picked up my wife from work this evening and told her the Sox were busy making trades. Her reaction..."well they can't get much worse"

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Autumn Dreamin said:

I'm surprised the Guards couldn't find a role for him with all of their pitching injuries and Bieber potentially headed out.

He had one outing for them, he sucked, and they waived him.  5 days later, he's pitching for the Sox.

4 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Possibly not.  But I think they are going to have a long audition process at the beginning of next year too.  I think there's value in having a trusted guy at catcher to bring people along. Maybe not a ton. Will be interesting to see our pitchers when none of them have to throw to Grandal.

If that's what we value, fine. There's even less of a reason to have Grandal on this team past the trade deadline, so Seby isn't even the top catcher I want moved. And if we think Perez actually isn't any good, then yes, keep him in the minors I guess.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, GreenSox said:

He had one outing for them, he sucked, and they waived him.  5 days later, he's pitching for the Sox.

Numbers game...with the 40 man management.

There's always a possibility a big arm figures things out (late)...especially starting out a pro career from high school.

A lot goes with the feeling you've kind of discovered a sense of home or comfort zone.

Edited by caulfield12

7 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

Bring back AJ and Carlton Fisk to co- coach this team, they'll light a fire under this team or start a brawl trying.

I would like an experienced manager with no previous ties to the Sox organization, but instead to a winning organization.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Quin said:

I would like an experienced manager with no previous ties to the Sox organization, but instead to a winning organization.

Funny thing is the guy I always wanted was in the opposite dugout tonight

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, JoshPR said:

I'm gonna get blasted but maybe we get something with touki? I'm not saying all star bit maybe a good stop gap guy

No, I agree, he doesn't seem like a throwaway, that's for sure

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JoshPR said:

I'm gonna get blasted but maybe we get something with touki? I'm not saying all star bit maybe a good stop gap guy

I like him. Loved the move.  Was a guy I was hoping they'd bring in on an milb deal preseason.  Control is an issue, but stuff and talent is not and hes fun to watch. I will be rooting for him to become a legit 2024 rotation option.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, JoshPR said:

These are the kinda guys at least it is fun to root for. Maybe this team is becoming more likeable already.

1 minute ago, GreenSox said:

Colas looked like he knew what he was doing when he went the other way on that RBI single. I like how they're just playing him regularly; he'll learn something every day and hopefully start to figure it all out.

Colas seems likeable too and plays hard. Hopefully the power comes in MLB. 

• Like 4

Sooo Lambert and Clevinger joining Shaw to fill out the roster tomorrow? Lambert and Padilla only 40 man options. Hopefully a waiver claim or two joins the pen next week or so as the options are gross atm and no reason to pitch Bryan Shaw. 

Edited by ChiSox59

17 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Sooo Lambert and Clevinger joining Shaw to fill out the roster tomorrow? Lambert and Padilla only 40 man options. Hopefully a waiver claim or two joins the pen next week or so as the options are gross atm and no reason to pitch Bryan Shaw. 

The Dodgers ditched a couple of decent players from their 40 man to make room for Kelly and Lynn.  I don't know what the Sox 40 man looks like, but if Shaw's on it, there's probably room for these guys.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

That's the way the White Sox roll...dumpster diving.

He’s got some pedigree though. He was a number one pick for Arizona who I believe it was La Russa traded to the Braves as part of a salary- dump of some other player; kind of like a (bad) hockey GM does.

10 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

I like him. Loved the move.  Was a guy I was hoping they'd bring in on an milb deal preseason.  Control is an issue, but stuff and talent is not and hes fun to watch. I will be rooting for him to become a legit 2024 rotation option.

Exactly. You just never know. He may figure it out here and become a nice piece. Maybe just letting him pitch with no pressure he becomes a blessing for the Sox.